PDA

View Full Version : Richard Dawkins

boris
17th December 2006, 01:17 AM
So, what do we think of this guy?

And has anyone read "The God Delusion" what did you think?

And is it just me that thinks an evolution of a species and some form of crationalism are not necessarily mutually exclusive, if linear and non linear time are taken into account?

And, if you could ask this guy one question, what would it be?

Lordofthebunnies
17th December 2006, 02:43 AM
I haven't actually read through any of his books at length, so I can't comment very accurately on those.

Every comment or statement I have seen him make though, positively reeks of the most extreme form of atheist, anti-spiritual reductionalist materialist arrogance.

I'd love to see the look on his face if some aspects of lamarkienism or ID were ever proven.

On a side note, his theory of memes is actually pretty decent, though the funny thing is that a similar occult concept predated it. 8)

Plumes.Gris
18th December 2006, 11:41 PM
I actually don't know much on the guy, but I've seen one of his documentaries which was being presented on a television program where they brought in spiritual leaders of every religion to come and debate the film with him.
Here's a quote from the show,
" as Dawkins categorically dismisses all people of faith (including moderates) as dangerous dupes, you're tempted to ask whether he himself is demonstrating a certainty that borders on fundamentalism – whether his unshakeable faith in science is just as fixed as the beliefs of those he condemns."

http://www.cbc.ca/bigpicture/evil.html

If you look to the right of the site, you'll notice that you can watch a small clip of the documentary and more importantly, watch the debate that came after it.