PDA

View Full Version : Vizualization Help

MatthewWright
20th August 2005, 09:38 PM
I have begun to read the NEW Energy Ways section of this sight, but was a little confused when he began to talk about vizualization and am not sure if I am doing this correctly.

For example, with the hair brushing and walking over the grass in bare feet, am I supposed to actually have the pictures in my mind? When I close my eyes and do it I can feel it all and I can also see it as if I'm there. I thought this was correct, what I was shooting for, but afterwards he keeps saying "You can't actually see this" and "Don't actually see it" so am I doing it wrong, or misunderstanding what he has written?

patapouf
21st August 2005, 12:46 AM
For example, with the hair brushing and walking over the grass in bare feet, am I supposed to actually have the pictures in my mind? When I close my eyes and do it I can feel it all and I can also see it as if I'm there. I thought this was correct, what I was shooting for, but afterwards he keeps saying "You can't actually see this" and "Don't actually see it" so am I doing it wrong, or misunderstanding what he has written?

The reason why you use a brush or walk on grass is to remember the feeling that it creates; this is the most important thing since NEW is based on tactile imaging. Not ''to see it'' but ''to feel it''; remember the sensations that it creates. You can develop some exercices of your own to help you if you want also....

Take care,

Matt
21st August 2005, 02:08 AM
When you get deep enough in trance and are lucid you will indeed literally see your visualization in actual images. However at first you will probably not see anything.

MatthewWright
22nd August 2005, 02:40 AM
But that's just it, I do see it. I can't even really help it. For example, let's say I reach out and put my palm on the table in front of me. I keep it there for as long as I can, really burn the feeling into my mind. I remove my hand, close my hands and try to recall the feeling. I can do it, but no matter what, the image of the table pops up in my mind too. I can't help it. I literally can't force the image out. To recall the feeling of the table, the image of the table automaticly presents itself in my mind.

Is this wrong? Should I not be seeing it?

I notice this really gets in the way with the ROPE technique. I know I am a beginner and didnt expect it to work yet, but I figured I'd give it all a try anyway. I simply CANNOT even think the word rope in my mind without some type of image coming up. It gets in the way of what I'm trying to do, feel as if a rope is right there. I can't do it without the image popping up no matter how hard I try. In fact, trying to stop it even makes it worse, but just trying to let it go away by itself wont work either.

This also gets in the way of any attempts to put myself in a trance. I find it hard to imagien myself on a ladder or lift or anything without the image popping up. The image complicates things and turns everything into something I'm watching instead of something I'm *doing*. I try to clear the image and start over, but it pops up again.

Matt
22nd August 2005, 02:47 AM
If you're getting actual factual imagery that's great, use it! Robert Bruce says not to expect to see imagery at first because most people do not see it right away. It's discouraging if they think they should see imagery and can't right off the bat.

But if you're getting true imagery then you're 99% of the way there to being able to phase. Here's what I do: the first thing is to make the imagery as vivid as possible and what I've found works well is to make the object you see spin.

Spin mentally as fast and hard as you can, once you can't spin it any faster it should be vivid and you will be able to connect to it one of two ways:

1.) Usually by the time my imagery is vivid it has caused me to shift to my nonphysical body. If you haven't shifted yet, then use a sensation based visualization such as ROPE. I then reach out with a nonphysical hand and grab that object, this pulls me into the nonphysical scene.

2.) Press yourself out through your face and chest into the imagery to phase into it.

Here's a link that illustrates this:
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... exit-paths (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=exit-paths)

MatthewWright
22nd August 2005, 03:00 AM
One other problem I've had (and this is going to sound ridiculous, but it's true) is that sometimes they go beyond my control. For example (again), let's say I imagine I'm going down stairs. I mentally put myself there, I feel like I'm standing at the top of a stairway, looking down, and I take one step. Then I take another. But then I take a third step that I didn't mean to take, and another and now I'm just going down the steps one after another regularly, because I'm not doing it myself anymore. Once again, it's turned from something I'm mentally doing, to something I'm watching. So now instead of mentally walking down the stairs, my mind has gotten ahead of itself and now I see an image of me, or somebody just going down stairs regularly. By this time, I might not even be watching from my point of view anymore, it may just be like any, say, regular TV show.

Matt
22nd August 2005, 03:15 AM
(Replying to your PM)
You're welcome and feel free to ask anything you want. I don't come to this forum as often as I do my own site however, so if later on you want to ask me something feel free to post a question over here:

http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... /index.jsp (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/index.jsp)

(Replying to your post)
I've had projections that way a few times, although so far I've had to lay down in order to do it. It sounds like what you're doing is a mental projection while you're fully conscious. That is actually beyond my current level of ability but I can give you some tips I think.

I mentioned earlier that you can cause mental objects to spin. You'll find that once you get them to a certain level of vividness that if you give them a command, spinning for instance, that they 'learn' your intent and continue to spin even after you're no longer telling them to do so.

I think that's what happens when you make a mental picture of yourself walking down the stairs. You've created a mental construct of your own body that's vivid enough to act on its own. What you can do at that point is shift your focus into the eyes of the mental construct body you've made, then walk it around as if it was your own physical body.

That will be a true OBE, if you try this please let me know how it goes for you.

Something else I would like to see if you can do, we're doing a remote viewing experiment here:

http://www.saltcube.com/rv.jsp

You may be able to imagine yourself opening the box and looking inside to see the object. I would really like to see what it is that you detect doing that.

MatthewWright
22nd August 2005, 03:20 AM
Actually at this point I'm not even shooting for an OBE as much as I am for some better mental control. I have to go a step at a time and if I can let my thoughts run away with me even when I'm trying to hold them down, well then I doubt I'll have much success.

Thanks for all your help so far.

I won't even bother with the remote viewing test at this point only because it would end up being a guess, no matter how much I thought I was actually doing it.

Thanks for the link, I'll check out those forums regularly if I can.

Matt
22nd August 2005, 03:29 AM
Here's a method for silencing your mind:

---

The way it worked for me, I would try to silence my mind then count as far as I could go. If I had an audible thought while counting I would start over.

I first practiced holding my mind silent for a count of 2, then after a week or two to about 5, then eventually to 10 then 30. I'd do that two or three times a day, such as at a stop light or in the shower.

After that the chatter was gone and it would be somewhat difficult to bring it back.

It only takes about two months to develop a perpetually silent mind, it's not nearly as hard as people say. It's far harder to learn a second language than it is to silent your mind.

MatthewWright
22nd August 2005, 04:16 AM
Aside from the gneral topic, could doing something like that stifle your thoughts at all, do you think? I mean, even during times when you aren't trying to.

I play guitar and piano and consider those to take priority over absolutely everything. Music is above everything else, and in an activity where creativity plays a big part, I would prefer not to stifle it.

Otherwise, I like the idea.

MatthewWright
22nd August 2005, 04:33 AM
Aside from the gneral topic, could doing something like that stifle your thoughts at all, do you think? I mean, even during times when you aren't trying to.

I play guitar and piano and consider those to take priority over absolutely everything. Music is above everything else, and in an activity where creativity plays a big part, I would prefer not to stifle it.

Otherwise, I like the idea.

Matt
22nd August 2005, 09:52 PM
It's been the opposite for me, by cutting out the chatter it's a lot easier to think clearly. There is no need to think your thoughts in words, when I speak and type I don't hear the words any more. The ideas just come which makes thinking more efficient.

I think true inspiration doesn't come from analyzing things, but by studying something, asking the right questions, and then putting yourself in a state where you can just grok the answer as a complete unit out of your subconscious. Silencing the conscious mind's chatter smoothes that process out quite a lot.