PDA

View Full Version : Is it related to my energy work?

Gelidus
28th December 2006, 12:44 PM
I have been thinking about the forum where to write it and decided that the post will best fit to this one. Sorry, if I made a mistake.

I have noticed the very strange tendency. It seems that my success in life is related to my energy practisies. But let me describe the whole story.

If my memory serves me right I got interested in magic (generally) about six years ago. I was at the 9-th class at school. I began looking for any material on magic. And that time I realised the different kinds of it. Gradually, I decided that I would prefer the energy magic. After that I concentrated on that branch of the art. I was doing some energy exercises, a bit later I found the DEIR system (I'm not sure there is version of it in English). All went more or less smoothly. Before that period I had been studying quite bad. And my school achievements went better from the 9-th to 10-th classes, although I made the same efforts (if not less). It's difficult to say anything about other aspects of my life, because I neither remember them nor have any quantative descriptors.

Though I had that success (I didn't consider it as a result of my "hobby"), I got some problems related to the energy work. More I worked, more I felt alone and uncertain. Though there were a lot of people who loved me, I felt that I was alone in the crowded place. There might be several reasons for that, but it doesn't matter now. The matter is that I left the energy work about one year ago (that was at the second year of my university studies). Well, that awful feeling left me too. I felt quite happy and become even a bit communicative. But some other negative moments went hand-in-hand with that. In the end I worked two months without any rest. As a result, I had quite bad marks at the uni. Moreover, my other businesses didn't went better. I can say, they went even worse. Surely, it became more interesting to live :) because some unpredictable things happened (all time I was practising "energy work" nothing surprised me, everything went exactly how it was planned). But there were quite unpleasant things too.
After several days of hard thinking of the cause of my faults at the uni. There were two circumstances I considered as possible causes of the problems. First was my admittance to the military faculty in addition to my main studies. I thought of that as the main cause quite long. It takes quite many time and efforts, but recently I proved to myself it's not the reason. There is something else. Something that lies deep under my usual sight, that make all my efforts just a waste of time and nerves. The whole situation seemed to be the loss of "luck". Or may be the loss of of my control of the situation. Making that observations, I made up my mind on the abandoned "energy work".
So I've just brushed up my former knowledge and skills a bit, I began doing some exercises. So I returned. And that's funny, my "luck" seems to return to me. At least last days shown that.

I know, that everything I wrote here is really messy, a lot of details are not described. But maybe you still may give your conclusion: whether the described changes are result of magic or just an occasion.

Thanks in advance.

Seo
23rd January 2007, 07:03 PM
It is often said that energy work brings more to the practitioner when coupled simultaneously with physical and spirtual development. You shouldn't forget that all the systems that make up a human being, numerous and diverse as they are, are all interconnected. Energy work makes a big portion of a person tick more smoothly, if you will. Giving up on that without any form of substitute would naturally have an effect on how well you perform in the rest of life.

When I say spiritual development, I mean theological to a very small degree and philosophical to a very large one. Not to stereotype, but many people I've met who refer to energy work as magic do so to divorce it from this aspect and treat it simply as wieldable personal power. If this applies, then philosophy could well be what you need to balance this equation. (dealing with the predictability of life that you mentioned, for example)

Losing the edge you got from energy work may seem like a string of bad luck, and I'm nobody to say you're wrong if you want to look at it as an issue of fate, luck, fortune, etc; but I will say that I have many times made the mistake of overdiagnosing events as having otherworldly influences only to later discover very simple causal relationships.

Whatever course you take, good luck.