PDA

View Full Version : Question about mobile body awareness (day 1)

akashic610
29th December 2006, 12:10 AM
I am currently on day 1 of the MAP program, and I have a question. I have been practicing mobile body awareness many times throughout the day now. I noticed some areas of my body are easy to trace with awareness while others aren't so easy. Some areas are harder to place my awareness on to trace. I can put my awareness on it but tracing it is a little difficult. Other areas I can do with ease. Is there a reason for this? Also, when I focus my awareness on one specific area such as the knee, I feel a tingling like I'm supposed to. But when I trace over a longer area such as an arm or a leg or my body I don't really feel a sensation of any sort, I just feel my awareness tracing these areas. Is this normal for day 1 ?

CFTraveler
29th December 2006, 02:32 AM
Yes, that's normal. Some places are more sensitive than others. You'll notice if you try with a feather, that the sides of your body are more sensitive than others (say your belly) for that type of stimulation, but if you, , scratch your skin you'll feel it more in different areas. That's because all throughout your body there are different types of nerves more sensitive to some types of sensations than others. (another example is the inside of the mouth to your lips- your lips will feel pain at temperatures that don't feel like 'burning' to the inside of your mouth.)
When you start using only your awareness as the stimulator, you'll notice that the feet and lower legs will respond quicker and more intensely than your thighs or torso. Your arms will be very sensitive also.
It is beneficial to use the sensitivity of your extremities as 'examples' to try to reproduce or 'spread' to other parts of your body. It may not be easy in some sections- that's ok. That's what practice is for.

akashic610
29th December 2006, 02:58 AM
I'm sure this has already been elaborated upon, but what exactly are you doing to your energy body when you do body awareness movement to the different parts of your body?

CFTraveler
29th December 2006, 03:03 AM
You start getting the feel of energy and strengthen your energy body. You learn to 'move' energy throughout and that increases the clarity and 'staying power' of your OBEs. There's a variety of explanations out there for why this is so, but I can tell you that it makes a noticeable difference vs. not doing it. I'll try to find a link to more discussions about this.

akashic610
29th December 2006, 03:08 AM
right now it takes some seconds to feel the tinglings when concentrating my awareness on one spot...and i don't feel tingling at all when doing mobile awareness/tracing. It's more of just a deep awareness of the area, making me have to really focus on another spot to move my awareness elsewhere. Is this something that will develop; it'll come on quicker?

CFTraveler
29th December 2006, 03:40 AM
It's something you will develop with practice.
I found a pretty good link with some helpful advice from Brian.
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=496

I hope this helps. I will be going away this weekend so will not be able to respond to any more questions, but you're in good hands.
CF.