PDA

View Full Version : Is this energy?

akashic610
30th December 2006, 10:03 AM
I noticed something just today. I've done this a few times throughout my life but have thought nothing of it. I can do this thing where it's like I focus on my legs and feet as a whole with my mind. I can't really describe it, it's just like feeling them all at once. When I do this, I'm not just "feeling" my legs. What I actually means is that I get a strong tingling sensation, and I mean very strong to the point where it's unmistakably real. When I do this, it's almost as if I get a same tingling sensation in my brain, but not nearly as strong. Also, I can't feel if the tingling is going from another part of my body to my legs. It feels like it just appears in my legs. So if it is energy, it seems to just be there rather then come from another part of my body such as my dan tien. But then again maybe the energy gets to my legs so fast I don't notice it move to them. Throughout my years (I'm only 20), I've done this several times, not even considering that I could be manipulating my energy. And the times that I have done this I only recall creating the sensation in my legs and feet. I never really tried creating it elsewhere. And tonight is the first time I actually even considered this. Upon considering it, I tried creating the same sensation in my hands. I then discovered I couldn't create the sensation in my hands without feeling it to a certain degree in my arms and shoulders as a whole. It was stronger in my hands, but I could definitely also feel it in my arms and shoulders, as I could seemingly feel it travel down my shoulders and into my hands. When I first discovered this for what I think it is (not too long ago tonight), I tried to create the feeling in my hands like I did my legs. At first I had trouble feeling it just as strongly in my upper body/arms and hands as I did my legs and feet. I'll also add that it's a little harder to create the sensation in my torso as well. But as of now, I'm beginning to be able to create the feeling in my arms just about as strongly in my legs. Realizing I couldn't feel the sensation in my hands without feeling it to an extent in my arms and shoulders as well, I tried creating the sensation in just my feet and not my whole legs. I was able to do this better than creating it in the hands without feeling it in the arms as well, but I could still feel it to a certain degree in my legs, although it rather felt like I was feeling it travel down my legs to my feet. I seem to be slightly more sensitive to this feeling in my legs in comparison to my upper body. The torso is the hardest to feel it in. But is this even energy? The reason why I ask is because the sensation is really strong, so it feels so real. But it's so easy to create the feeling, especially in my legs, that it makes it a little hard to believe I am able to manipulate it so easily, assuming it is energy. What do you think?

wstein
30th December 2006, 10:30 AM
Sounds like some energy but mostly a feedback of awareness. This would seem to be caused by trying to see a static (whole) view of moving energy. As the energy moves, so does your reference point, but since you are watching the whole thing, everything shifts. This constant shifting is affecting your ability control your body's energy. Its kind of like trying to walk while staring at the end of your nose.

akashic610
30th December 2006, 05:05 PM
That sounds right, but I don't actually see or visualize anything when I do this.