PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Journey
2nd January 2007, 10:04 PM
Hey,

I'm new here but I've read Robert's treatise on AP so I think I have a good question.

I have gotten pretty close to separating on more than one occasion and I can enter a trance and do energy word etc. etc.

The trouble is I have been having is with the exit and I think I'm doing something wrong.

I try to project by entering a trance the depth of trance varies and then I do some energy work the intensity of which varies as well and then I try an exit method.

The problem is I don't know how deep or light a trance I need. Usually I enter a trance and I still have some physical sensation sticking out like the pressure of my knees against my bed etc. (I try to project on my stomach because I'm most comfortable like that). When I try to project in that state I usually get poor results. However when I go deep, when I get really heavy and numb (right after I wake up) I feel more cemented and when I apply pressure to my astral body it gets me poor results as well.

So, what does the ideal state of trance feel like, indepth?

Another problem is that I'm ansxious sort of in a hurry and I think the major part of my problem has to do with the fact that my mind wanders all over the place. What is a good technique to get into the right focused state of mind?

Also what exactly does lifting out feel like? Because when apply pressure my breathing intensifies and I feel andrelin (accompanied with "astral" heart beating) are these good things? One last thing how much energy work should I do before I try to do the exit method? What are some good tips to entering the vibrational state.

These questions are a little specific so I would enjoy a specific answer.

P.S. If my writing isn't clear please say so.

CFTraveler
3rd January 2007, 12:36 AM
Journey wrote:

So, what does the ideal state of trance feel like, indepth? Instead of trying to judge the depth of your trance (which is anxiety producing, IMO) try to observe your thoughts and images that come to your view. A good spot to achieve for is the moments that your hypnagogic hallucinations are slowing down enough for you to take a good look at them, to examine them long enough before they slip away. When you're in that state you're close enough.

Another problem is that I'm ansxious sort of in a hurry and I think the major part of my problem has to do with the fact that my mind wanders all over the place. What is a good technique to get into the right focused state of mind? Energy work (sponging, energy raising, breathing exercises) are good to keep your mind busy. When you get to the point that you've done all that and now you're noticing, then start listening to the hiss your ears make. Try to concentrate on the hiss. When you can hear it, try to separate tones. Then try to double your concentration, visually in the space before your eyes, and auditorily, in the sounds you hear. This'll keep you busy.

Also what exactly does lifting out feel like? Like your point-of view moves away, floats to another spot. It feels like floating. It can also feel like slipping, drifting, like being magnetically drawn forward or upwards.

Because when apply pressure my breathing intensifies and I feel andrelin (accompanied with "astral" heart beating)
are these good things? The adrenalin rush could be your astral body expanding, the astral hearbeat can be an indicator of energy body production. So in a way it's good, but not a sure-fire indicator.

One last thing how much energy work should I do before I try to do the exit method? It depends on how much energy for projection you already have. I do energy work during the day and then only a few (20 min.s on the average) before exit attempts. But I confess I don't attempt an exit until I have very definite (for me) symptoms.

What are some good tips to entering the vibrational state. That's a good one. IMO nobody really knows. What works for some don't work for others, and not all people experience them. In fact, the better you get at it the less vibes you get. So, :roll:

These questions are a little specific so I would enjoy a specific answer I hope they were helpful.

Journey
3rd January 2007, 02:09 AM
Your answers were helpful thank-you. I've realized that my problem is that I'm not mentally relaxed enough. Your suggestion of observing hypnogogic hallucinations until they slow down and that ear buzzing noise thing sounds promising. However, I don't usually have hypnogogic hallucinations per se more like random thoughts and that eventually slow down into various scenarios in my head but same diff. The slowing down obviously indicates that my brainwaves have lowered so that makes sense.

If I have any more questions I'll post it here so keep an eye out, Thanks again.