PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Dreams

Diane
2nd January 2007, 11:03 PM
Over the last few years I seem to be frequently experiencing dreams involving roller coasters, perhaps one a month. The actual fairground setting changes, but the theme is always the same - I am hopelessly climbing around the track trying to reach the end. The tracks sometimes include loop-the-loops which are very hard going! Sometimes other people/children are involved and I am trying to help them.

If anyone can help me with any meaning behind this I would be very grateful.

journyman161
4th January 2007, 04:51 AM
Over the last few years I seem to be frequently experiencing dreams involving roller coasters, perhaps one a month. The actual fairground setting changes, but the theme is always the same - I am hopelessly climbing around the track trying to reach the end. The tracks sometimes include loop-the-loops which are very hard going! Sometimes other people/children are involved and I am trying to help them.

If anyone can help me with any meaning behind this I would be very grateful.My first thought is to wonder why you'd be climbing around a roller coaster?

The next is, how do you feel while doing this? You mention 'hopelessly' but that could just mean it seems unending. Do your emotions differ when there are others there you are trying to help? Do you wake up tired or exhausted or do the dreams have no physical effect?

Palehorse Redivivus
4th January 2007, 05:40 AM
I've had similar dreams before, hanging off a speeding rollercoaster, climbing on the track, etc. I looked it up for ideas (dreammoods.com is the dream dictionary site I usually use) and the meaning that made the most sense to me was the rollercoaster as a metaphor for one's life; feeling like you're on a crazy ride and not in control, etc. Adding the other people into the equation... maybe you're focused on helping others but not focused enough on helping / taking care of yourself?