PDA

View Full Version : kundalini or hatha-yoga?

operasinger
3rd January 2007, 12:27 PM
Hi! Which one do you prefer? Advances or disadvances? I'd like to hear opinions...Combined these two yoga styles?

blessed be

Tom
3rd January 2007, 03:21 PM
Kundalini Yoga. It actually isn't that these are separate, because Hatha Yoga trains your body and mind to work with the energies of Kundalini and gives tools for working with Kundalini, but the way Kundalini Yoga works is more by combining tools for faster progress. Because you work on several levels all at once, you get faster results than by taking a more sequential approach. As for the disadvantages of doing so, obviously when you go faster you will have to try harder to keep up with the results you are getting. It is more stressful as old patterns are brought into awareness more quickly and you see that they are no longer serving your highest good. Whichever Yoga you choose, you will find you are forced to confront the qualities which need to be healed. If this is a bad time in your life to deal with a lot of disruption and emotional shifts and to find that your life no longer fits who you are, you might want to start with plain Hatha Yoga to set up a foundation and then proceed later with the faster Kundalini Yoga. The downside to this is that it will take longer to start to see obvious signs of spiritual growth.

LittleBee
16th January 2007, 02:48 AM
If this is a bad time in your life to deal with a lot of disruption and emotional shifts and to find that your life no longer fits who you are, you might want to start with plain Hatha Yoga to set up a foundation and then proceed later with the faster Kundalini Yoga. The downside to this is that it will take longer to start to see obvious signs of spiritual growth.
Hello Tom, I would have to disagree on this statement. Or i would rather say that IT IS NOT A DOWNSIDE, just BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE LONGER TO START SEE THE OBVIOUS SIGNS OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH.
Spiritual growth is triggered with the practice of any yoga technique, IF THE PRACTITIONER is willing to do so at all. For those people who do not even study spiritual paths but practice yoga due to clinical conditions, then may be at some later stage they will be triggered by the effects of the yoga practice into something spiritual.

What i think is that when CONSICIOUSNESS/SPIRIT initates it's search and travells along SPIRITUAL paths, any yoga will HELP in this process of faster awakening to the awareness itself. Kundalini would in this case be "activated" when the pupil reaches the point. Again, it is the continuous search for answers after reaching specific marks during this walk on the path of awakening of the Kundalini that will make it become a quicker process.

XXX

LittleBee
16th January 2007, 03:12 AM
shouting??? why would i shout? no :-) Sorry if something i wrote seems like shouting...
stressing a point or just stating my opinion?
was it such a negative post?
didn't have any neg intention as to what Tom wrote at all.

XXX= LOVE, correct?

oath
16th January 2007, 04:04 AM
Shouting or not i cant seem to understand a real purpose behind the post. Not trying to be rude littlebee but it appears like you are confronting one single trivial sentence about a generality stated in an entire paragraph. Is there something deeper here that I am missing? Perhaps I am misunderstanding?

Celeborn
19th January 2007, 08:13 AM
After having done both Hatha and Kundalini yoga, I have found that I far prefer Kundalini.

In Kundalini classes you still get the stretching that is so characteristic of hatha, plus you also learn and practice some amazing breath work stuff. Putting the whole spiritual development speed issue aside, just the way in which kundalini yoga works your lungs was enough to make me love it. After only a few weeks I was breathing far deeper, more evenly, and pulling in more energy with each breath throughout the day.

blueadventurer
20th January 2007, 05:01 PM
I checked and there's no kundalini classes close to me. Is kundalini yoga easy enough to practice alone? Are there any easy books or websites to learn I found one, but it seems complicated.

operasinger
22nd January 2007, 07:08 PM
you can visit http://www.kundaliniyoga.org
There is free classes what you can do with lots of information. I'm using only that site. It seems to be ok. And to all of you big thank you for replys. I'm appreciated for this. :D I think people here can give you also other links where to gather information about kundaliniyoga. 8)

Tempestinateapot
23rd January 2007, 04:28 AM
Alex said:

not everyone is aware that CAPSLOCK is considered shouting by a lot of internet peopleI DIDN'T KNOW THAT! :shock: :lol: :P