PDA

View Full Version : What the heck happened?

rep
4th January 2007, 04:24 PM
Hi all. I’ve stopped by here a bunch, read a bunch, but don’t feel that I have much to offer just yet, so I’ve avoided posting the thousands of questions I’ve had, but I’ve gone through some experiences, and this latest one has got me wondering what happened.

I’ve only done very minimal awareness exercises as per “Astral Dynamics”, including moving my awareness through my body, and bringing energy up through my legs, but have only done the latter just to see if I could feel something, and I was astonished how much I did.

Anyway, I’ve posted previously about falling into sleep paralysis, which I chronically do without trying. It’s been happening since I was 5 and at my peak, it was happening every night, where I’d scream for my brother to wake me up, and sometimes, it took him a minute of shaking me hard to snap me out of it.

With that being said, a week ago, I went to bed. Normally when the SP takes over, I’m fully conscious, on my way towards sleep, and I “fall” into it. Sometimes though, it feels like the second I fall asleep, it comes over me then, and I “wake up” in it. It just feels like some small amount of time has passed between me lying down and me being in SP that I can’t consciously account for. That’s how it happened this time; I went to bed, felt like I feel asleep, then woke up paralyzed. As soon as this happened, I literally, mentally of course, said “F*** this”, like “I’m getting out of my body, that’s it”. What’s weird about it is, it felt like some other piece of me has been trying to get out, and this piece of me is the one that said this, but not the fully conscious me, if that makes any sense.

So for one second I did the “rope” technique, pretending there was a rope I could tactilely feel and pull myself out of my body. When that didn’t work after about 5 seconds, it left like my right arm was out. When I thought about my left arm, I somehow was fully into this other body. Once that happened, I couldn’t see anything, but tried to imagine I was at my bedside, and I said something to the effect of “I want to see”, or something like that, but it didn’t work. So I thought of my body in my bed, and this was AMAZING. When I did that, I slipped back into my paralyzed body lying in my bed, but the other body would have been standing up, so for a moment, I felt both, and I still recall the feeling well, where I was standing and lying down at the same time. What a trip. Anyway, once I was back in my body, I did the same thing; I felt my right “awareness” arm, which felt like it was already out, and thought of my left awareness arm, and when I did, I was back in this other body, but something else happened this time. As soon as I was in, a visual wave came, starting at the top left of my view when through my line of site, and left a landscape that I can’t recall, but then it happened again, starting from the top right, and “washed over” the previous landscape, with another one, that I can’t quite recall, but I remember it was somewhat structured. The final one started again at the top left, covering the previous landscape, and I distinctly remember, this one was a beach, with rows of palm trees stretching back as far as I could see, and it felt like there was something there watching me. With no idea what was happening or where I was, I got the fear, and it took over. I immediately thought of my body in my bed, and was in it in a flash. I started yelling for help from the person who lives downstairs, but there’s no way they’d hear me. I eventually snapped out of it, fully conscious in my bed.

Any ideas what happened? Is it possible that I “projected” myself into this other body, as I read was possible? Any ideas on which body it was, or, where I was? Was I in a dream pool? Was I in the Astral?

Any suggestions on how I can see once I'm in that body again?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

CFTraveler
4th January 2007, 04:31 PM
Without speculating on 'where' you went, I'd recommend next time you project blind, to get away from your physical body as quickly as possible' and vision then may come. Probably in the form you described, but maybe not.