PDA

View Full Version : Good book on Energy Work or Healing

nyquil
5th January 2007, 02:57 PM
Hey guys,

What is the best book you've read on Energy Work, or Healing? I would very much like to find a good book on each of these topics.

Sunkencity
6th January 2007, 06:35 AM
That would be Astral Dynamics, by Robert Bruce. Well written with useful excercises, made a huge difference for me, and broadened my understanding of energy.

13th January 2007, 02:31 AM
Pranic Healing or any other books by Choa Kok Sui.

oath
13th January 2007, 07:50 AM
The first of three energy work books by Robert are set to come out in the spring, in the meantime I would reccamend NEW along with yoga and taoist practices. Might as well include breath awareness as well as anything else you have time for as well.

Energy
13th January 2007, 06:47 PM
NEW is good
but not the best as RB claims.

it is just above average.

Some books by Yogani, BK Frantzis and Mantak Chia are good.

CFTraveler
13th January 2007, 06:53 PM
NEW is good

Some books by Yogani, BK Frantzis and Mantak Chia are good. Where does he claim to be the best? Because this is all I could find in the tutorials:
NEW is the simplest yet most advanced bioenergetic development system in the world today. It is also child's-play to learn and use, and requires no prior experience or knowledge. Anyone can learn the NEW system and have speedy results. It is also more effective than any other energy body development system available. Results with the NEW system are quite rapid for most people, with noticeable energy movement sensations being experienced the first time it is used. I don't interpret this to mean the best- I interpret this to mean the best in it's simplicity. Can you argue with that?

Energy
13th January 2007, 08:51 PM
not interested to argue with anyone here
i just share some good stuffs.

you win

kiwibonga
13th January 2007, 09:09 PM
I think it is the best for those for whom the sense of touch is "dominant" ; we all have this one sense that is more developed than the others... It can be visual, auditory, etc...

The good part about Yoga is that breathing exercises will generally work for everyone... But a lot of the visualization is not tactile ; i.e. you'll say a mantra and visualize an animal to affect a certain part of the body... Compare this to NEW, it's easy to see which one is most reliable in terms of targeting energy structures...

oath
14th January 2007, 06:35 AM
I think it is the best for those for whom the sense of touch is "dominant" ; we all have this one sense that is more developed than the others... It can be visual, auditory, etc...

The good part about Yoga is that breathing exercises will generally work for everyone... But a lot of the visualization is not tactile ; i.e. you'll say a mantra and visualize an animal to affect a certain part of the body... Compare this to NEW, it's easy to see which one is most reliable in terms of targeting energy structures...

I think its true that their are a lot of things that need to be learned in addition to NEW. Many times before undertaking such direct energy work many of which involve some form of soul searching or internal psyche work. Honestly, I could explain away both your arguments a great deal, and show you how little you truly know, but thats not really necessary. I will however give some tips on a few things. For starters, Feeling is a general term, In fact I dont even think it should be called feeling. When we say feeling we dont mean the same as one of the five senses, touch. We mean all senses, recognized and unrecognized. Wether it be seeing, smell, clairaudience, imagination, understanding, etc.. Anything and everything that is a mode of perception. That is what is really meant by feeling. Furthermore, feeling makes up 1 of 3 known aspects of awareness. I believe the others are knowing and doing/being, but as again, these really arent fully understood or even accurate terms for the actual object. I hope that clears some things up, i think its important to realize that things are not always as they seem, and the right answers are never so easy nor miniscule. In reality, NEW is quite basic and brief, but you wont find anything else like it, anywhere nor have anywhere near the results. If you put effort into it, you will get something out of it, but its not going to be easy and simple, and chances are youll have to figure out a lot of things for yourself, but your probably better off for it.

Best of luck

equinox
14th January 2007, 11:19 AM
NEW is good

Some books by Yogani, BK Frantzis and Mantak Chia are good. Where does he claim to be the best? Because this is all I could find in the tutorials:
NEW is the simplest yet most advanced bioenergetic development system in the world today. It is also child's-play to learn and use, and requires no prior experience or knowledge. Anyone can learn the NEW system and have speedy results. It is also more effective than any other energy body development system available. Results with the NEW system are quite rapid for most people, with noticeable energy movement sensations being experienced the first time it is used. I don't interpret this to mean the best- I interpret this to mean the best in it's simplicity. Can you argue with that?

It seems that he does not want to but I can if you allow me to
"most advanced bioenergetic development system in the world today"
seems to imply that it is the best by Robert Bruce.

oath
14th January 2007, 02:00 PM
NEW is good

You left out the simple part. Consider the whole sentence and not bits and pieces of it, unless of course you are practicing being a media reporter or politician.

equinox
14th January 2007, 05:25 PM
NEW is good

You left out the simple part. Consider the whole sentence and not bits and pieces of it, unless of course you are practicing being a media reporter or politician.
Hi you too!
I considered the whole sentence and I thought there would be no loss of meaning.
At the moment, LOL I am not practicing to be a media reporter or politician.
I experiment with NEW with interesting results.
However, it does not make me believe it is the best... It is possible but I don't know.
I cannot see how the word "simple" changes the meaning of the sentence.
As far as I can see it extends it.
I think "yet" means "Nevertheless".
Paraphrasing it "despite of it being simple, it is the most advanced....."..
Correct me if I am wrong.
I hope nobody takes it personally!!!!!!

Energy
14th January 2007, 05:34 PM
this thread should be about books btw

equinox
14th January 2007, 05:50 PM
There was already a similar topic see Request for chakra resources.
There are titles of books too.

Tigerzen
21st January 2007, 03:50 AM
Nyquil,

I wouldn't say any one book I've read is better than the others. Each one has added useful information to the whole of my understanding with energy work and healing. Also, even though there are some teachers out there that claim their technique (or book) is the best, I believe that each individual is different... a technique (or book) that is great for one person may not do anything for another.

What type of information are you looking for on the topics of Energy Work and Healing from a book?

Namaste,
Tigerzen

Korpo
27th February 2007, 10:39 AM
If you try to clear up blockages in your physical bodies, I can recommend the following:

Robert Bruce - "Astral Dynamics"/"Mastering Astral Projection" - even though I do not longer practise NEW, it can give a quick access to working with Qi. NEW is just not my personal preference. But it is a good system presented by an open teacher that shares only what he did experience himself. This is the touch of true authenticity.

Bruce Frantzis - "Relaxing into Being"/"Opening the Energy Gates of your Body" - this derives from a long line of Chinese Taoists, and works with the physical and etheric body to clear up energy blockages, calm the nervous system and allow for a still and calm mind. The difference to NEW is at first subtle, but really profound. It never uses visualisation, it just trains and relies on the ability of inner feeling and moving Qi through will and concentration. You could do NEW like this as well, but brushing/sponging starts out as visualisation. This system has more safety catches, is more conservative, but it is really great for clearing out blockages, letting them stay gone when cleared, and using meditation as a tool for calming down and preparing for the stage of emotional maturing ("The Great Stillness", same author). The featured techniques try to maximise the body's and mind's capabilities of sustaining stresses of energy and emotional release found during later training, a great preparational work for any further work.

The books above I can recommend personally as I've not only read them but used the techniques. I am not very fond of Indian techniques or visualisation stuff, so I'm strongly biased towards Frantzis and Qigong, be warned. But feel free to chose yourself. :)

If you want to do healing, there are several ways to go. Two possible are Qigong Tui Na massage, or Chi Nei Tsang navel-centric massage, books out there, not tried it yet.

If you want to emit energy, maybe you want to look into "Qigong for Treating Common Ailments". Have not applied it yet.

Nnonnth
2nd March 2007, 10:54 PM
'Energy work or healing'? It's two big and different subjects, interconnected of course.

Everybody has already mentioned everything obvious, I would like to give a few that are less well-known:

'Spiritual Cleansing' - Draja Mickaharic - western herbology, incense, etc., boosts any practice and clears whole houses to make nice vibes. Extremely easy, extremely good. Try combing with NEW or any energy work.

'Complete System of Self-Healing' - Stephen Chang. Very very simple taoist exercises. But very very effective.

'Deep Healing Qigong' [DVD - cheating sorry :oops: ] - available at http://www.healingtaousa.com. Video by Michael Winn, who has taken Mantak Chia's ideas and given them a completely different spin - in my opinion better. This is a single qigong form that has a deep healing energy.

'Castings' - Ivo Dominguez. Western casting of circles from a Wiccan point of view, but serious work, no teenage witch stuff! Western circle casting has a very good effect on soul if done repeatedly, just like qigong in many ways.

'Hands of Light' - Brennan. Channelled work by influential healer. I don't use it and have given it only a cursory glance, but my sister is studying with her and says she really has the goods. Many interesting colour pictures, I notice, clairvoyant visions of how common human negative emotions affect the aura and energy body.

best NN