PDA

View Full Version : Something or Nothing?

Diane
8th January 2007, 01:00 PM
Late last night (and after posting a message on this forum) I went to bed feeling a bit frustrated (not in that way though!).
I settled down as usual with my book and I suddenly got the urge to mentally call upon a guide or teacher. Now I have never felt a connection to either of these before so I was not expecting anything.
I simply sat and stared at the wall for 5 minutes and waited for an answer.
Gradually (and maybe the staring helped) my vision started to change. It was as though I was being gently urged how to perceive, to 'meet in the middle'. It was as though I was shutting off a part of my eyesight or adjusting the focus. I practised this until I started to get the hang of it.
I saw large blue sparkly shapes everywhere, they were lovely to look at. If my eyes/brain were creating this then I am surprised at what I was creating.
After doing this for a few minutes my head started to hurt at the front so I gave up.
I am not sure whether I am doing myself damage here or whether I should pursue this little exercise?

CFTraveler
8th January 2007, 01:36 PM
I would continue to pursue it (sounds like you can develop clairvoyance with this) but I'd try grounding before and after this. That way you'll be in more balance and won't overstress your third-eye chakra(s).

oath
9th January 2007, 02:23 AM
Very interesting! I would persue it as well, at least for a little bit. I think what may be happening is the part of your mind is rebelling against you and this is what is causing you pain. Its also probably energy related as all things seem to be so I would also take care to prevent it as much as possible/fix any damage done. I know this may seem strange but this does happen quite often, the saying, 'mind playing tricks on me/you' comes to mind. If this does prove to be the case I think its important to resist this part of yourself in your own way. Of course I dont reccamend directly attacking or forcefully subdueing it, but by patiently showing it that it needs to get along and cooperate with the rest of you. That may seem strange and I probably could have worded it differently but thats essentially what is happening here. And totally agree with CF about grounding, if only in a slightly different perspective, place the focus on the whole as a psyce rather than anyone thing such as brain or body, that way everything may be harmonius and free. There are many techniques to do this, Ones I do are best explained as breathing but simply telling yourself that you are focused and centered and then trying to produce that effect by feeling, knowing, or doing it works well enough. Just pick one of the three, feeling is usually easiest and most predominant with trace amounts of the latter two so I would focus more on that and sort of willing or intending for it to happen based on memory or imagination or even emotion/energy. Well, good luck@ :)

crappysurfer2
13th January 2007, 03:33 AM
focus but relax at the same time, dont expect something to happen, be at peace

Seo
22nd January 2007, 12:07 PM
Speaking as I am from vast inexperience but hopefully sound logic, I think you should do this only at times you get the urge to, not to pursue it actively.

Robert's caution against any open invitation I think applies here, but is temporarily suspended by your sudden urge. However, you getting this urge is no guarantee it's from a positive source. In this case, you would be the best judge of what is safe, since you're the only verifiable and accessible example of someone who has had this experience. I'd also venture to say that you should have someone else, hopefully someone energy-sensitive, be nearby if you do try again without any sudden inspiration to do so.

I don't like being a naysayer, but it would be a shame if you ended up inviting a neg attack. RB says the litmus test for good spirits is ask them politely to leave and return another time: good spirits will usually honor this, evil spirits in disguise will argue the point. Happy experimenting and good luck!

chrystalpaths
22nd January 2007, 01:08 PM
CFTraveler is very correct. Bedtimes are wonderful times to try to connect with one's spirit guide but you must be grounded and sheilded before you begin your request. Then you simply say aloud (if you can) I want to see you, or hear you, or feel you, please give me a sign. Many times they will show you an outline of themselves, or a complete vison, sometimes only a name is whispered to you the first time. No matter the success or failure as you try; one always has a spirit guide to help you. Many times it's that little voice you hear or feel when you can't find your keys, your glasses, your paperwork but you know you left it "there". You turn back and doggone if you don't walk right to what you've "lost". The voice that stays your hand when you reach for something or keeps you delayed a few moments in time perhaps saving your life.

I went to relight the pilot light on my gas hot water heater in Nov '06, the darn thing just wouldn't stay lit and then wouldn't light at all. Mad as a wet hen I was determined to do it one last time...I knelt down and lit the match and as I put it into the chamber I heard a screamed "NO!", but it was too late and my hand was engulfed in flame. I was burned badly. My then 15 yr old son flew downstairs to me. The water was off in the laundry room but he got it from the bath and we immediately got into my truck and headed for the med center...see it's a long was to a hospital where I am....My right hand is my shifter hand..yup a 5 speed truck, my son never ever drove before but "his guide" drove his hand to shift each time needed. I was blind with pain and I swear angels were with us that small 5 mile drive.

Relax and breathe when you try, forcing it won't make it so. Envision yourself in a lovely white tent of protection, ground yourself with a stone or other tangible object and then let them come to you. I wish you well.