PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Paralysis

Ibzy
9th January 2007, 01:19 AM
Hey again people :D
just wondering if anyone here knows an effective way of inducing sleep paralysis?
i ask due to my inability to project as of late. i used to 'suffer' from sleep paralysis before finding out about AP, actually it was the reason i read about it, and since trying projection i have noticed that every successful exit had a sleep paralysis stage.

thanks peeps :wink:

CFTraveler
9th January 2007, 01:34 AM
I don't think this works, but I've read that if you can lay still and not move a muscle past the point where you feel that you have to move (and resist it) you'll go into sp.

Ibzy
9th January 2007, 01:03 PM
ah, resist the 'h\ve to move' sensation, its worth a try i guess.
i've heard/read quite a few people saying that AP isnt attainable via SP, but it seems to be the only way i can acheive it....so best to try and find out rather than not to and be left wondering :)
thanks CF

CFTraveler
9th January 2007, 01:33 PM
I think phasing or remote viewing will be better attained from the sp point, if you can ignore the scary stuff that sometimes comes up. I for one haven't, but then don't get it as often as I used to before I learned to do energy work.

wstein
10th January 2007, 08:11 AM
Don't think that will work, but its excellant meditation practice.

rep
10th January 2007, 06:05 PM
I have been a chronic suffer or sleep paralysis since around 5 years old. It happened at least once a week, and at the worst, 7 times a week. I say “suffered”, because until about a year ago, I had no idea it could be related to AP. I didn’t mind a lot of the experiences, and enjoyed some of them, but the bad ones…oh the bad ones..would find me grabbing a Bible attempting to fight off the demon I thought was possessing me.

Anyway,
I can’t say that I can induce it myself, but there are a few factors that can almost guarantee I’ll have it. One would b to lie on your back. While this is not a requirement for me to get there, I believe it helps, not to mention, from my minuscule experience, it’s easier to get out of your body from this position. Other then that, it happens quite often when I take a nap after work, or when I was younger, after school. I would say that gives me a 75 to 80% chance of it happening. Of course, all this comes from a person, that from what I’ve read, just gets into this state unlike anyone I’ve ever heard.

I’m going to PM another thing, cause even though I’m just sharing knowledge I have obtained, and it is just information, it’s pretty dangerous.

kmD
4th February 2007, 06:47 AM
i think inducing sleep paralysis wouldnt be effective. ill go one step further and say its very improbable to occur.
sleep paralysis, is basically a mind block. i call it the "over flow valve" of the energy cycle. its like the two holes at the top of the sink. your body is full and needs to displace this energy and sleep paralysis is the occurance of that displacement. In all actuality, the only thing keeping you from moving is fear that is associated with "night terrors". So when you learn that it is in fact possible to move, you can never go back to un-knowing that. Its like learning there is no Santa Claus, once you know the truth there is no going back to the unknown. instead sleep paralysis becomes spontanious OBE.
anyway, i have found when projections become harder to obtain there are one of two causes. I am either pushing myself too hard too often or im not getting enough physical exercise. i would recommend just doing energy work for awhile and not trying to project.

Ibzy
4th February 2007, 12:23 PM
theres no Santa Clause? :cry:

thanksf ro teh feedback, though i would disagree with you about SP being a 'mind block' and an overflow of energy, due it more or less being a simple state of: mind-awake, body-asleep.
The only things link these 'night terrors' to SP is un-learned people having the experience. They 'awake' in a state where they are unable to breathe, make a noise, and move entirely, and because of either their close mindedness or their lack of knowledge in the subject, their mind goes into a state of shock, 'inventing' something (often a demon) to be a cause for it.

as for the link to AP, its quite straight forward as the Mind-awake, body-asleep state is one of the most basic requirements for a full, memorable projection.

Tempestinateapot
4th February 2007, 11:29 PM
rep said:
I didn’t mind a lot of the experiences, and enjoyed some of them, but the bad ones…oh the bad ones..would find me grabbing a Bible attempting to fight off the demon I thought was possessing me.
Dweller on the Threshold:
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... ?t=sp-fear (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=sp-fear)

CFTraveler
5th February 2007, 12:40 AM
Kmd wrote:
sleep paralysis, is basically a mind block. i call it the "over flow valve" of the energy cycle. its like the two holes at the top of the sink. your body is full and needs to displace this energy and sleep paralysis is the occurance of that displacement. In all actuality, the only thing keeping you from moving is fear that is associated with "night terrors". So when you learn that it is in fact possible to move, you can never go back to un-knowing that. Its like learning there is no Santa Claus, once you know the truth there is no going back to the unknown. instead sleep paralysis becomes spontanious OBE. OK, one more time: When a person goes to sleep, the body sends chemicals to paralyze the arms and legs. This is so that when you are dreaming, you don't get up and act out your dreams, which could be dangerous. People who sleepwalk have a problem where the chemical isn't enough to paralyze the limbs, and people who get sleep paralysis wake up before their bodies stop producing the chemical to keep the limbs paralyzed. It is a physical problem for both sides of the coin. Sleepwalking happens a lot at a certain time (a few years before the onset of puberty, if I'm not mistaken) and moments of high stress. Some people just have more tendencies for it. SP was more of a problem for me when I was in my teens, but I occasionally still get it, with hag.
It is not a spiritual problem- it is a physical problem.
Is it a good platform to OBE? Only if you're not consumed by fright.
Oh, and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
It is an archetype.

Ibzy
5th February 2007, 02:11 AM
ooh, is that actually what it is? i never knew exactly how the body got paralyzed lol.
however, the deal with it being when u wake up before the chemicals have stopped being produced just doesnt sound right to me as all previous SP encounters have required me to 'go back to sleep' before being able to wake up, rather than a slow awakening with the limbs eventually (or suddenly?) being able to move again

Tempestinateapot
5th February 2007, 03:16 AM
doesnt sound right to me as all previous SP encounters have required me to 'go back to sleep' before being able to wake upThat's just your personal experience. It's not the same for everyone. Most people can get out of sleep paralysis just by wanting to. The act of trying to move your big toe (I think that's what Robert recommends) most likely causes the balance of chemicals to change, which allows you to move. If your brain isn't working quite normally (as in sleep walkers), the balance of chemicals is just off for some neurological reason.

The phenomena of the Dweller on the Threshold (or as CF called it, the "hag"), is perfectly normal, but the cause isn't really known. But, it's nothing to fear.

rep
16th February 2007, 03:25 PM
rep said:
I didn’t mind a lot of the experiences, and enjoyed some of them, but the bad ones…oh the bad ones..would find me grabbing a Bible attempting to fight off the demon I thought was possessing me.
Dweller on the Threshold:
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... ?t=sp-fear (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=sp-fear)

I believe I posted this here before, but the experience I regarded with my prior post…

A lot of times, other then lying down, prior to falling asleep and experiencing SP, sometimes, it’s as if I did fall asleep at one point for a small amount of time, then come back around in SP.

In this case, that’s what happened. I fell somewhat asleep and was coming around while in SP. I was also having a conversation with something. Becoming more and more awake, I started to realize what was happening, though the conversation was still going on. Finally, I was more awake then asleep, and remnants of the conversation were fading, though I was still communicating with this…whatever, for a few seconds, not remembering fully what was being discussed, but knowing it was about what was currently happening with me. Eventually, nearly fully awake, I said my final sentence to the “being”; “why are you doing this to me?”….and at almost 100% lucid…I’d say like 98%. I knew where I was, I knew how I got there, and I could feel I was about to wake up. I also knew, that I was just having a conversation, and being so awake, I would not get a response…99%, feeling the rush that I always feeling before snapping out of it…and…

“You know why”.

As clear as someone sitting next to me, in a deep, crackly voice, I heard those words. That was the craziest thing that’s ever happened during SP, and I’ve had some crazy things happen. The thing is, I knew why.

Anyway, while I was extremely scared after that happened, I wasn’t all that worried when I wasn’t conscious enough to realize exactly what was happening.

Anyone can describe it as purely physical and/or a manifestation of my mind, but luckily, as most people must enjoy their own subjective determination of where you go when you AP, I can apply my own subjective description that it was something more then a technological mishap of my brain.