PDA

View Full Version : Destiny

Antares
18th October 2019, 09:03 AM
What do you think of destiny - in practical terms?

How one small thing in one person (e.g. yourself) may change, direct and complicate lives of many other people? Like small argue casuing not choosing another person to marry / be partners? Or having / not having children? Or choosing one job over another? One person over another (in any sense)? Even, choosing where to go one day or night, instead of going somewhere else? May it affect the whole life? If so, then what's the practical, strategic approach to destiny? What do you think?

olyris
18th October 2019, 02:22 PM
Being a person who lead my own from the outset, it is downright terrible... not to have faith the real way. As you know, that can be extremely difficult. However, happiness is default in all of those who pursue truth the Divine way. Hence, there can be no problems.

I would surmise that the miserable, dreading counterfeit to destiny is called evil. These people don't choose anything of their own - big difference.

CFTraveler
18th October 2019, 05:42 PM
I don't believe in destiny in the way that 'everything is preordained'. But I do believe we choose to come here for a reason, and we do preordain that. The difference in what I believe and the believers of destiny is, is that I believe we write the script, and get together with others that want to fulfill something that helps us get what we want to experience.
In other words, I don't believe someone else decides, or that it's not changeable. And I think things like synchronicity are ways of knowing we're in the flow.

Antares
18th October 2019, 05:49 PM
I don't believe in destiny in the way that 'everything is preordained'. But I do believe we choose to come here for a reason, and we do preordain that. The difference in what I believe and the believers of destiny is, is that I believe we write the script, and get together with others that want to fulfill something that helps us get what we want to experience.
In other words, I don't believe someone else decides, or that it's not changeable. And I think things like synchronicity are ways of knowing we're in the flow.
Thanks. Would you be able to give some hints or examples of such scripts or reasons? And how detailed are they?

CFTraveler
18th October 2019, 05:54 PM
One time I was having a horrible dream, and all of a sudden I was plucked out of the dream and into a lab of sorts. There was a monitor where I could see the situation I had been in just before, and all of a sudden I knew why this dream happened and what I was supposed to get out of it. I discussed with my 'lab partner' what it was about, and then I woke up.
Another time I got out of my body and saw something that at a glance meant nothing- a butterfly fluttering next to a plant, a very beautiful one. The next day my husband had the idea to go to a place he heard about. When we got there, in one of the walks we took, I came upon the same scene I had the night before, identical, as if I had fast-forwarded to this the night before. I then thought that this was telling me that for some mysterious reason, I was supposed to be there in that time and place.
That sort of thing.

Antares
18th October 2019, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a deja vu sort of thing?

I was wondering however of something bigger - a decisions, sometimes seemingly small, we make in our lives... and they then appear to affect totally our future!

Speaking of dreams, I had a dream about choosing a life partner 1,5 year ago or so. The dream was pretty dark; the small train (which often acts as a "way in life" in my dreams) was full of people, particularly young women. All of them had prices above their heads: some lower, some higher, to my surprise. There was one girl, out of the train, who hadn't any price, but now she was married with someone else (when younger, she was clearly in love with me, and I liked her, but never managed to get together). The message was obvious: I was to make a choice of a life partner - and at the same time the "price" I was willing to pay because of this choice.
The similar topic (but not with the same people) appeared a number of times later.

Recently I had another dream about the same topic - this time some male voice (which often appears shortly before waking up) was clearly asking me a question, making analogy to sport: "what league do you choose? 1st one is in Moscow, and you're going to regret that choice, or 2nd is in Italy, and it's going to be fine, for the year". I just thought it's not important, so was in the process of waking up and ignored it (and never liked the idea of "leagues" as it always seemed to be kind of unfair judgment), then this voice insisted: "This is a serious question! What is your answer?". I quickly replied then: "I'm not choosing a regretful way, ever". Then I woke up fully. The dream wasn't obviously a reference to a sport, but to people.

It's interesting in the context of what is actually destiny? What is "planned", and in what terms this plan could be described?

olyris
18th October 2019, 09:30 PM
Destiny is the life you knew you wouldn't regret... as you both did suggest.

Antares
19th October 2019, 10:45 AM
Destiny is the life you knew you wouldn't regret... as you both did suggest.
Where the regret comes from, then? And what's the purpose of living physically?

How about being balanced vs. being out of sync? Does it add to overall understanding of life and destiny?

olyris
19th October 2019, 04:07 PM
I think the choice would between everything having a purpose, and not knowing what to do... from here.

Antares
19th October 2019, 04:37 PM
I think the choice would between everything having a purpose, and not knowing what to do... from here.
Not knowing - is a natural thing.
Knowing (actually, thinking that you know) - is self-illusion.
What is your purpose? What when you achieved it?

olyris
19th October 2019, 05:32 PM
Not knowing - is a natural thing.
Knowing (actually, thinking that you know) - is self-illusion.
Astute.

What is your purpose? What when you achieved it?
I have done knowing and not knowing. I am creative.

Antares
19th October 2019, 05:39 PM
How about exploration type of thing, then? ;) Isn't it always not-knowing which motivates you to have an adventure of discovery? :)

olyris
20th October 2019, 01:07 AM
Yes I went wild with beliefs back then... I told myself I was jumping off the "know-ledge" and into infinity... everything is worth it, that is learned from.

Antares
20th October 2019, 05:44 AM
Yes I went wild with beliefs back then... I told myself I was jumping off the "know-ledge" and into infinity... everything is worth it, that is learned from.
And perhaps all these laconic statements in a way explain the concept of destiny. And in a way, it doesn't add a new level of understanding, which I'm still missing.
So perhaps it's time to get to another journey - of a new discovery. ;) The old philosophies about karma, destiny, or modern ones negating anything but physical body, seem to be irrelevant any longer.

I was told that destiny is related to qualities, mostly. At the same time I've read the books by Michael Newton who wrotes about the world of souls, you probably know the subject. Destiny there is presented in the way where life is being designed in some points, and the "task" of human being is to fulfill it, having no idea about fulfilling it except some vague feelings or coincidences directing his or her life. Honsetly, I'm a big sceptical, as it is based on tiny fragments of information not retrieved firsthand.

olyris
20th October 2019, 07:57 PM
Antares: I could suppose you could say the world is either for or against itself at any given point. For now, some confusion to sort through... it would seem.

Antares
21st October 2019, 07:20 AM
I am creative.
Creativity is inherent from the very beginning of your multi-dimensional existence. It is not a consequence of destiny fulfilling - it is rather a cause. :) The consciousness gained of being creative is. Hence the power coming from the Yang creativity.

newfreedom
21st October 2019, 08:40 AM
What do you think of destiny - in practical terms?

How one small thing in one person (e.g. yourself) may change, direct and complicate lives of many other people? Like small argue casuing not choosing another person to marry / be partners? Or having / not having children? Or choosing one job over another? One person over another (in any sense)? Even, choosing where to go one day or night, instead of going somewhere else? May it affect the whole life? If so, then what's the practical, strategic approach to destiny? What do you think?

From my understanding, we are living in a simulation and everything is pre-defined

olyris
21st October 2019, 04:03 PM
Creativity is inherent from the very beginning of your multi-dimensional existence. It is not a consequence of destiny fulfilling - it is rather a cause. :) The consciousness gained of being creative is. Hence the power coming from the Yang creativity.
When I met the fork in my road, to be or not to be... I summoned some very meaningful truths... Yang was the one. I knew that I had created myself in the first cause, and thus had no free will but to choose more. I still am that yan, however most of my "reconnaissance of soul" is Yin now. To balance.

Antares
22nd October 2019, 06:57 PM
When I met the fork in my road, to be or not to be... I summoned some very meaningful truths... Yang was the one. I knew that I had created myself in the first cause, and thus had no free will but to choose more. I still am that yan, however most of my "reconnaissance of soul" is Yin now. To balance.
Interesting. So it seems like all those yang spirits and gods existing somehwere there in the heavenly realms are actually imbalanced, or aren't they? :) They think they are close to the first cause, but they actually cannot be further from it, as your statement indicates.

olyris
25th October 2019, 11:30 AM
I would say that all the little good spirits you meet along the way remind you to be happy. Yang, on the other hand, reminds you to be positive.

Antares
26th October 2019, 06:08 AM
I would say that all the little good spirits you meet along the way remind you to be happy. Yang, on the other hand, reminds you to be positive.
Let's change the perspective. What are *we* to remind the good and yang spirits about? Even, if "good" and "yang" were like gods to us? ;)

olyris
26th October 2019, 09:04 AM
I would say that the sage knows that within this mix of good and all other things, there is light, in a dark place.

Antares
24th November 2019, 01:59 PM
After short time I wrote on the forum about the realities to choose and destiny, now I think I got a better clarity of it.

A destiny as a rigid scheme to our lives doesn't exist at all. There might be some "spots" in our life time-line that are important, but mostly what is going to happen is a certain "theme" or "quality" and the related decisions to be made.
I think that life is about decisions that we need to make, and destiny's role is to provide us with those circumstances (whatever they are) where we are triggered to make a certain decision.

Then, after we finish a particular incarnation, a summary of all the important decisions (weighted with their quality, not their form or superficial meaning) is made, and the final "judgement" of the overall result may appear. This is related to the ancient egyptian concept of Maat: symbolized by the balance scales.

Choosing life alternatives
I wrote a short blog post on making the important life choices here https://www.astraldynamics.com.au/entry.php?2783-Life-and-choosing-alternatives-with-I-Ching

Antares
28th January 2020, 04:00 PM
How destiny - an unconscious choices - are made in practice... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yROe6r3QFco&t=341

CFTraveler
29th January 2020, 07:22 PM
I feel that I have to insert my opinion here, not about the theme but about the detour this took with the latest video content.
Elohim is a plural form of God- all the ancient religions saw God in nature, God being pantheistic, and 'the gods' were representations of archetypes in nature.
Sitchin came at the Sumerian tablets with preconceived notions, and not enough preparation on the Sumerian language. He read what he wanted to read in them- what I call 'spiritual materialism'. The strange notion that anything that is referred to in ancient times with symbolic languages must have happened. That is the result of modern faulty scholarship- the fact that children are not taught the symbolic language of the psyche and in literature, and the literalization of scripture. This is what is behind this type of thinking, and what is now becoming detrimental to our spiritual evolution.
End of rant.

Antares
29th January 2020, 07:55 PM
I feel that I have to insert my opinion here, not about the theme but about the detour this took with the latest video content.
Elohim is a plural form of God- all the ancient religions saw God in nature, God being pantheistic, and 'the gods' were representations of archetypes in nature.
Sitchin came at the Sumerian tablets with preconceived notions, and not enough preparation on the Sumerian language. He read what he wanted to read in them- what I call 'spiritual materialism'. The strange notion that anything that is referred to in ancient times with symbolic languages must have happened. That is the result of modern faulty scholarship- the fact that children are not taught the symbolic language of the psyche and in literature, and the literalization of scripture. This is what is behind this type of thinking, and what is now becoming detrimental to our spiritual evolution.
End of rant.
Yes, this also made me wondering... This was also my first reaction to Z. Sitchin: that he was wrong, because I believed that there is a hidden symbolism in this whole Sumerian mythological / cosmological system.

And I still am certain that in many parts Sitchin was not quite right in his books and statements. However, I started recently to wonder if this "spiritual materialism" is not something that really took a place, and perhaps in this Sitchin or similar to him people could be actually correct...

Let me explain this. To be strict, we cannot assume that every mythology (like Sumerian) was: 1. purely symbolic cosmology, and 2. even if it was, wasn't later modified and adjusted to needs of some extra-terrestials, powerful enough to present themselves as gods in front of those people.

The known history of Mesopotamia seems to confirm that: the Sumerian civilization appeared like out of nowhere - and it was very advanced in those times in the moment when it appeared. They had everything suddenly developed: writing, agriculture, some advanced irrigation methods, advanced building techniques, and many more, not to mention the mathematics which actually form still the basis for what we use in XXI-th century, after several thousands of years - math did not change in its essence from that time (the only interesting point is that there is missing theoretical / philosophical background for this ancient mathematics - so it seems like this knowledge had been transferred, typically as algorithms of solving certain mathematical problems!)

Sumerian people were also often quite exact in their descriptions or sculptures representing the gods.

So there might be more "matter" to this seemingly "spiritual" cosmology, either created by "gods" or just modified by them, I suspect... (just like - possibly - almost all religions were manipulated afterwards, christianity being probably the most apparent example).

olyris
29th January 2020, 10:34 PM
A destiny as a rigid scheme to our lives doesn't exist at all.
It is entirely superstitious, from this vantage point.