PDA

View Full Version : what if every one could?

U-Mos
16th January 2007, 03:33 PM
what if astral projecting has become scientific fact, and it was taught as part of school curriculum and every one was at least fairly good at it. what would be the positive outcome be and the negatives be?

just a fun little topic i thought it would be interesting

other things to think about

what would become of the scientific community?
will we know everything, will that lead to collapse?
is there a point of stable human community?
what technology would come of it?
ridicule of less able people, would evolution make it easer?

suggestions for other subtopics would be appreciated

CFTraveler
16th January 2007, 05:48 PM
what if astral projecting has become scientific fact, and it was taught as part of school curriculum and every one was at least fairly good at it. what would be the positive outcome be and the negatives be? I doubt everyone would be good at it. I think AP is like musical ability- everyone can get lessons and education but some will stay tone deaf and some will become Mozart, for example.

what would become of the scientific community? Since the above example presupposes that AP has been definitively proven, it would have to be proven by the scientific community. In the best possible world, that's what they're there for. To test and prove (or disprove) things. So their existence (or job) wouldn't change, but the branches that study this stuff would be considered science, not pseudoscience or belief systems, as it is considered today.

will we know everything, will that lead to collapse?
What makes you think that the ability to AP makes you know everything? Pros like Monroe and others (I'm not sure about Robert, never asked him this) believe the astral is one point in our evolution, after this there's other things we don't know about yet.

is there a point of stable human community? I don't know how this relates to AP.

what technology would come of it? Prob. the easiest way to AP, I can see healing possibilities and communication.

ridicule of less able people, would evolution make it easer?. Depends on what you consider evolution to be.

sash
17th January 2007, 12:45 AM
The left-brain schools of thought would not have much success in teaching astral projection. Astral projection is more like an 'art' and would most well fit with music, creative writing and art classes. Schools are focused on the left-brain even in their 'art' subjects. It took me well into my late teens to develop a good lateral thinking, but it is easy, the problem is that we just get so used to 'not' thinking like that due to left-brain orientation in school.

I would fathom a guess that if astral projection and consciousness expansion techniques were encouraged at a young age people would be a lot better at astral projection than they are now.

>> what would become of the scientific community?

I think we would be entering something to the likes of a Knowledge Revolution or Consciousness Revolution of sorts.

>> will we know everything, will that lead to collapse?

I think it would lead to a collapse of barriers once a critical number of people began projecting. I suspect we would know a lot more, not everything.

>> is there a point of stable human community?

Astral projection brings us closer to ourselves and to each other.
Since I see astral projection as based on a right-brain level of thinking, I think that would naturally reduce conflict to some extent.

U-Mos
17th January 2007, 06:01 AM
i should have bought out my thoughts out a bit more, i just didnt want to exzost eney potential discoution but i guess it was my bad. the first 3 where sort of together, but i dont feel like going into details rite now

and you do have a point about it being more like an art and it coming a lot easer to some then others and relly hard for some but i believe every one is capable of doing it just how well is the queston