PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of dreams

daro
17th January 2007, 06:13 PM
Few times in a row i had dreams in which i was dying, getting hurted, crying or feeling lonely. From the last dream i remember two punks wearing black leather clothes was following me. When they stopped their dog attacked me and bite off my ear and than i woke up. Can this series of dreams mean anything?

ranlinra13
15th February 2007, 10:23 PM
All dreams mean something and most dreams mean lots of somethings.....they are timeless.

I would consider dreams of death, getting hurt, crying and feeling lonely all dangerous or bad dreams. So, are these dreams trying to warn you of some danger to yourself?

Black is often the color of unknown...like unknown danger.....think about what black and leather mean to you....does leather related to something in your life when you had the dream?

Was the dog a black dog? What kind of dog? Sometimes Anubis is pictured as a big black dog. Anubis weighed the hearts of those who died. Are you weighing your own heart? Does your heart or "motive" or "actions" need to be weighed or judged? Or are others around you that should be judged? Should their actions be watched. The dog is the watcher. They alert you to danger. They are loyal and make great guards. Do you need guarding?

Then, did the dog bite your ear off because you are not "Listening" to the danger? Are you ignoring warning signs?

I think these dreams are trying to warn you. Ask yourself what are you being warned for, picture the dream, picture the dog, ask the dog to show you the danger and go back into the dream to see where the dog leads you and shows you.

Then honor the dream by "listening" to the warnings.

Take Care.

Aibheann
19th February 2007, 08:17 PM
Very often when we are being chased in our dreams it is by a representation of things which we do not like about ourselves (like negative emotions we are fighting against) or things in our lives we feel are hounding us. The fact that the dog (usually a symbol of a friendship or someone loyal to you) attacked makes me guess that on some level you may be feeling betrayed by a friend or loved one...or that if you do or don't do something that someone you care about will turn on you. The fact that your ear was bitten off makes me think that maybe you said something you are afraid of coming back to bite you....or that you heard something that someone else has said that is a betrayal. I know this is reading between the lines more than a little, but there is my impression.

chips
14th April 2007, 08:31 AM
try http://www.dreammoods.com