PDA

View Full Version : Flexing Your Lucid Muscles

Celeborn
19th January 2007, 08:38 AM
I am currently at the point where I can make myself have waking/lucid dreams almost every other night. Having gotten down all the basic techniques to make the dreams go lucid, and to keep them going for a fair amount of time, I am read to really start flexing my lucid muscles.

The Tibetan tradition suggests bending reality in the LD state as a way to expand consciousness. This is mirrored in Carlos Castinada's books. So far I have done teleportation, a lot of flying, space travel, small acts of creation, shooting laser beams from my fingers, and a bit of shapeshifting.

What have all of you done?

Also, does anyone have other ideas or suggestions for fun or enlightening things worth trying in the LD state?

wstein
19th January 2007, 10:27 AM
There are several ideas in http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=3688&highlight=lucid

Also on can try to convert it into an OBE.

I recomend developing several simultaneous awarenesses so that you can watch and learn about yourself.

Also activating lucidness while awake is very interesting.

CFTraveler
19th January 2007, 02:41 PM
What have I done? Well, a lot of my dreams lately are of the 'lesson' variety. I have done a lot of what I would call 'psi practice' (I believe there is another thread around here- 'dreamstate lessons' I think it's called. But lately lately I have been exploring my relationship with the dream reality and the dream characters. It began as a reality test, and then I decided to continue the exploration to focus in how I relate to the characters (our relationship in the dream and it's comparison to reality)- I will approach the characters and question them and their role in the dream, for example, or I will challenge the veracity of the story, by imposing my waking consciousness on it. "But I know you're dead. So how come we're here and talking?" So I've moved from affecting dream reality to confronting/or studying it more directly. I feel I'm getting more from #2. But of course it's a process, and I don't know where it's going to unltimately take me.

The Cusp
20th January 2007, 06:20 AM
Had a good one awhile back.

I was really pissed off in the dream and noticed how my mood affected the people around me. I realized I was dreaming, tried a happier mood, and watched how if affected everyone again. I went through the whole range of emotions, and each one had far reaching consequences on the people around me and even the animals.