PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 - Am I too tired/relaxed?

cougarelite
19th January 2007, 02:11 PM
Hey there,

I just started the MAP program yesterday, and I'm extremely excited about it. I can't wait to read more, but I am doing it day by day. I already have a question about day 1. I was just wondering if it is okay to be EXTREMELY relaxed before I start the relaxation techniques, the breath awareness and the body awareness thing. I listened to 20 minutes of the BWGen file while sitting in a wooden chair with no head rest, and wow by the end I was extremely.. well I guess relaxed lol. I'm guessing this is a good thing, I'm just scared maybe the information won't sink in as much when I'm this tired. My head wanted to fall down and I had to make an effort to keep it up and stay awake. Well, is it a problem to get this relaxed? Or would this be considered a good thing? I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Beekeeper
23rd February 2007, 10:49 AM
As long as you can keep you're mind awake, it's great to be really relaxed.

CFTraveler
23rd February 2007, 03:31 PM
One thing to add:

I'm just scared maybe the information won't sink in as much when I'm this tired There is no information to sink in- the BWGen has binaural beats, which synchronize your brainwaves to bring them to a particular frequency. There is nothing to concentrate in, until you get to the mind-emptying part, in which you take your cues from tones to 'not think'. And that is also a matter of 'not responding'. So it's all good.