PDA

View Full Version : A Black Horse..

unison
20th January 2007, 12:05 AM
Me, a middle aged women, a pre adulescent girl, inside a house, A black horse trying to get in, a feeling of anger and aggression from this horse, the horse breaking in, us 3 running to the outside climbing onto the house, the horse chasing us over the house then back around. Concluding with us 3 back on top of the house, the black horse gazing at us from a short distance from the back of the house then the little girl going to the edge of the roof and the horse charging to the girl aggressively, I woke up right when the horse got to the girl. It was obvious whatever the horse was going to do was bad. Any interpretations?

Zante
20th January 2007, 05:51 AM
Black horses make lousy babysitters.

Don't trust black horses, ever.

Seriously, in the context (favourite word there) of greek mythology, King Diomedes of Thrace was the owner of a bunch of crazy, untameable man-eating horses.

From wikipedia...

Heracles was not aware that the horses were kept tethered to a bronze manger because they were wild, man-eating and uncontrollable, and Heracles left Abderus in charge of them while he fought Diomedes, but Abderus was eaten. In revenge, Heracles fed Diomedes to his own horses, then founded Abdera next to the boy's tomb.
:D

In another version, Heracles stayed awake so that he didn't have his throat cut by Diomedes in the night, and cut the chains binding the horses. Having scared the horses onto the high ground of a peninsula, Heracles quickly dug a trench through the peninsula, filling it with water, thus making it an island. When Diomedes arrived, Heracles killed him with an axe (the one used to dig the trench), and fed the body to the horses.
:)

Eating made the horses calmer and Heracles took the opportunity to bind their mouths shut, and easily took them back to King Eurystheus, who dedicated the horses to Hera. In some versions, they were allowed to roam freely around Argos, having become permanently calm, but in others, Eurystheus ordered the horses taken to Olympus to be sacrificed to Zeus, but Zeus refused them, and sent wolves, lions, and bears to kill them.
:(

Take from it what you will. :wink:

ranlinra13
22nd January 2007, 07:38 PM
When my son was a troubled teenager I asked him to draw with pastels - I assked him to close his eyes and chose two or three pieces of chalk and told him to draw - not to draw anything on purpose, but to just put down color in motions that you feel is correct.

He drew a Blue horse (abstract of course), with a giant red bear paw blocking the horse........therefore spreading read all around the horse. I was the Bear paw - mother bear - blocking her son's freedom and he was showing his anger about that. We had a talk and discussed the picture and the frustration of his "lack" of freedom came out. We compromised.

Horses could mean many things in dreams, it may represent that freedom. You didn't say your age group - but is there multiple generations here? I would look at a black horse as a loss of such freedom - and the horse forced you up on the house - you now did not have the freedom to roam. Does the lack of freedom affect our younger generation more than us?

In Light - Black is the absense of color - white contains all color. So still feel like the loss of freedom.

Ted Andrews' Animal Speak book is an excellent book of meaning of animals. I highly recommend it.

sleeper
6th December 2007, 04:13 AM
Unison, it may sound strange, but i recommend that you meditate and visualize the dream again, except when the horse rushes you, you wave a torch in it's face. When i rushes the girl, wave a torch in it's face. after doing that for some time, the horse will have backed up a bit but still face you. walk towards the horse, holding the flame steady, and listen to your thoughts. the horse will be telling you to run away, it will promise to do bad things you you. Face your fears, and tell the horse to lie down. This is your vision, so visualize the horse lying down.

tell the horse to respect you, listen to it, then tell it to leave.

watch the horse leave.

In this dream, the horse represents somebody in your real life. they push you around, make you afraind. I wonder if you work for them? The girl in your dream is you...you are watching yourself get pushed around, wishing that somebody would help the gir/you.

To change your dream and your real problem, you must confront both, but first, you must face your dream. In time, you will understand it, and you can face your "black horse."

your dream will change. if you post it here, or message me, i'll try to help.