PDA

View Full Version : Book: 2012; The Return of Quetzacoatl

CFTraveler
22nd January 2007, 08:45 PM
I am reading the coolest book: The Return of Quetzacoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck.
I saw it featured in the Colbert Report and got curious about it. I'm so glad I did! It is not about one thing- it is like a 12 course meal that leaves you hungry for more every time you start reading. It is like a tasty tidbit that just makes you salivate and want some more. I am going to be sorry to get to the end of it when I finish it. I highly recommend it for just all kinds of eclectic information and ideas just about anything that people that come to this forum would like to know about.
I haven't finished it so I don't know if I agree with whatever conclusions he comes to- but it really doesn't matter. I am loving reading it.
I just can't say enough about it.
CF.

braha_kahn
25th January 2007, 11:14 AM
I haven't read it YET. Would like to though...

I made a lill'post about the man today on my lill'blog, you find some links to radio- & video-interviews with Pinchbeck

if you want the url, just send me a pm

dastral
10th April 2007, 04:34 AM
So have you finished the book yet and what is your verdict?

Am tempted to buy it...but not sure yet...

Cheers!

CFTraveler
10th April 2007, 01:55 PM
I enjoyed it very much, although didn't agree with some of his conclusions. I find that much material you read about all these things are compiled by people that already have a worldview- so the enjoyment for me was in the way he told the stories, the vast amounts of mythological and factual information, and his insights on some of the people he met and stayed with (like for example Arguelles), not on the conclusions he derived, which IMO stemmed from his upbringing, not his studies.
:lol:

Sleeping Cookie
15th October 2007, 08:57 AM
Hey I'm reading it right now. It's quite a hard book to read.
He's putting together many ideas and theories which sound quite interesting .Thanks to this book I ordered "Answer to Job" by Carl Jung and "Where Reincarnation and Biology intersect" by Ian Stevenson

journyman161
15th October 2007, 10:53 AM
I found it stimulating & the stories very interesting but at the end, the Quetzacoatl message left me feeling a bit empty - after all the buildup it seemed lacking in meat. I'd have expected such a path to lead to something more fulfilling or satisfying than what we got. But I certainly don't regret reading the book.

Beekeeper
15th October 2007, 11:34 AM
Hmm, my copy is enroute from America. Watch this space.

journyman161
15th October 2007, 11:48 AM
Dang... had I known you were interested... :grin:

Beekeeper
15th October 2007, 12:10 PM
Well, I could have lent you about half a dozen but my (American) friend Trish (lives in Oz) developed a sudden interest and currently has them all. :D

Sleeping Cookie
26th October 2007, 06:35 AM
I just finished reading the book. Damn that was a hard one. I will have to re-read at least half of the book.
What bothered me was the 70000 references he gives to other books and ideas. I think it confuses too much. Eventhough thanks to these references I ordered some other books such as "Answer to Job" by Carl Jung and "Where reincarnation and biology intersect" by Ian Stevenson.

I too don't regret having read this book since it gives you some interesting theories, but I think it's a bit too "mishmashed".

Beekeeper
17th November 2007, 10:22 AM
I couldn't put this book down. My only reservations are the same as Pinchbeck's: how can you be sure that his experiences and channeled messages are what they seem to be and not the result of drug-induced delusions. Let's face it, he's a smart and creative guy so if he's going to lose it big time it's not going to be boring. Yet... yet... those synchronicities and that disappearing t-shirt. I believe that stuff happened to him because it happens to me.

I thought his comments about the greys were very interesting and he got me interested in crop circles, something I'd dismissed as a hoax because the media said so.

His book did make me feel an urgency to get on with my development.

So, when 2012 rolls around I guess I'll be nervous and excited. If it all passes uneventfully though.... :?

sleeper
6th December 2007, 06:57 AM
I haven't read his book, but i know a few things about quetzacoatl.

What were some of daniel's conclusions?

What was daniel's story?