PDA

View Full Version : Sulfur Powder, I need some advice before I take the plunge..

Kashmirror
25th January 2007, 04:10 PM
Aloha!
I have just ordered 10 lbs of Sulfur powder from a fireworks website, and I was just pondering about how toxic this might be- to my body, IF I were to shower with it, put it on my skin? Does anyone have any experiences to share about soaking with Sulfur?
-INhalation I know is Toxic. Especially when sulfer is burned.
- drinking or eating sulfer, I assume to be bad for you.
-So what about soaking in it? A nice hot bath?
ANyone have any good comments- it would be appreciated. Thanks. Have a great day!

Tom
25th January 2007, 04:53 PM
http://www.safe2use.com/safe-products/sulfer_cream.htm

It is actually good for your skin. :)

CFTraveler
25th January 2007, 05:56 PM
10 lbs of sulfur? Remember that elemental sulfur is toxic. It's safer it it's sulfur like the link Tom showed. There is somewhere a link by Flew for the best sources of it. I'm pretty sure sulfur from a fireworks site is probably not a good idea. Although this is not the one I'm talking about, this may help you. If not, pm her- she's kind of an expert in this due to her experiences.
viewtopic.php?t=871&highlight=sulfur (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=871&highlight=sulfur)

27th January 2007, 03:13 PM
Oh Yikes...you bought 10lbs of elemental sulfur?

Elemental sulfur is very poisonous...I'm taking that's the stuff in the gas belched out by volcanoes that suffocates people and kills them. I think when Robert offered sulfur in his book, he gave a simialr warning and recommended one of those sulfur type "bombs" that you can light and then allow to splurge into the atmosphere of the room...while you and your pets are out of the room safe somewhere. Then return after the sulfur bomb has completed.

27th January 2007, 03:26 PM
Here is the excerpt from Robert's book on page 238:

Sulfur: The most effective substance for fumigation is sulfur. However, sulfur gives off a poisonous gas when burned, so great care must be taken when using it. Close all windows in the room being treated. Remembering to hold your breath, add a small amount of sulfur powder (a teaspoon) to the glowing coals of the censer. Leave the room quickly, shutting the door behind you. Return to the room an hour later, and, holding your breath, extinguish the burning sulfur and open all the windows. Still holding your breath, leave the room, close the door, and do not return for thirty minutes, or until the poisonous fumes have aired away.

A whole house can be fumigated by burning a larger amount of sulfur, or by repeating the procedure in all rooms. All internal doors should be opened and all windows closed. Ignite the sulfur and leave the house for an hour or so, as you would if fumigating for insects. Hold your breath while openingthe outer doors and leave the house again until its safely aired. Take care to rest the censer on a safe, fireproof pad and remove all pet animals during fumigation.

27th January 2007, 03:28 PM
I really think cooking garlic on a stove top would be safer...

Any chance you could have the sulfur returned? You don't live in an apt building do you?

27th January 2007, 03:34 PM
You ordered the sulfur powder from a fire works place? I know sulfur is part of gun powder...it's been a while since I researched sulfur thoroughly...I'd do some research on the condition required for a flashpoint in the powder to occur...

27th January 2007, 06:15 PM
Sulfur is explosive if mixed with air

That's just what I am concerned about...but is it explosive because it is sulfur or because it is powder. Talc Powder can be explosive if airborne and under the right conditions.

Like I said, I haven't studied sulfur in a long time, so I'm genuinely asking...and interested in the MSDS myself.

27th January 2007, 06:18 PM
Not trying to plagarise, but I want people to see what an MSDS looks like in the event this link becomes unavailable:

SF SULFUR CORPORATION

Office:
PO Box 5659, Valdosta Georgia 31603 -5649
phone (800) 234-7094 fax (229) 245-1664

Plant:
PO Box 917, Freeport, TX 77542
phone (979) 233-3555 fax (979) 233-7425

EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE:
CHEMTREC (800) 424-9300 (24 Hours)

SECTION 1 CHEMICAL IDENTITY
Trade Name & Synonyms: Sulphur, Flaked Sulfur, Granular Sulfur, Prilled Sulfur, Arrow Roll® Sulfur
Chemical Name: Sulfur
Family Name: Element - Sulfur
Chemical Formula: S8
Appearance: Odorless, tasteless, pale yellow powder or solid
CAS Number: 7704-34-9
Hazardous Ingredient: Sulfur
% by Weight: 99.5% Min.

SECTION 2 PHYSICAL DATA
Appearance: Yellow colored lumps, crystals, powder, or formed shape
Odor: Odorless, or faint odor of rotten eggs
Purity: 99.5% Min.
Formula: S8 (Rhombic or monoclinic)
Vapor Pressure: 0mmHG at 280OF
Solubility In Water: Insoluble
Specific Gravity: 2.07 @ 70oF
Boiling Point: 832oF (444oC)
Freezing/Melting Point: 230-246oF (110-119oC)
Bulk Density: Lumps 75-115 lbs./ft3 Powder 33-80 lbs./ft3

SECTION 3 FIRE AND EXPLOSION DATA
Flashpoint: 405OF (207.2oC)
Explosive Limits of Dust in Air: LEL 35 g/m3 UEL 1400 g/m3
Auto-ignition Temperature: 478-511oF (248-266oC)
Extinguishing Media: Water fog , spray, or regular foam. Do not use a direct water stream.

Burning Sulfur decomposes into TOXIC sulfur oxide gasses such as:
Sulfur dioxide (SO2) and Hydrogen sulfide (H2S).

PRIMARY HAZARD:
Sulfur dust suspended in air ignites easily, and can cause an explosion in confined areas. May be ignited by friction, static electricity, heat, sparks, or flames. Toxic gases will form upon combustion. Bulk/solid forms burn only at moderate rate, whereas dust burns with explosive violence.

FIRE:
Wear full-faced, self-contained breathing apparatus and full protective clothing. Use a water fog to extinguish fire. Do not use solid streams of water; which could create sulfur dust clouds and cause an explosion or move burning sulfur to adjacent areas. Fire will rekindle until mass is cooled below 310oF (154oC). Cool surrounding areas with water fog to prevent re-igniting. Cool containers, tank cars, or trailer loads with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. Evacuate nonessential personnel from the fire area. If large fire, evacuate people downwind from fire. Isolate for ½ mile in all directions, consider evacuation for ½ mile in all directions. Prevent human exposure to smoke, fumes, or products of combustion (sulfur oxide gases). Firemen exposed to contaminated smoke should be immediately relieved and checked for symptoms of exposure to toxic gasses. Seek medical attention immediately! . This should not be mistaken for heat exhaustion or smoke inhalation. These are extremely irritating to the respiratory tract and may cause breathing difficulty and pulmonary edema. Symptoms may be delayed several hours or longer depending upon exposure.

HAZARD RATING
0 = Least 1 = Slight 2 = Moderate
3 = High 4 = Extreme

ACUTE HEALTH = 1
FIRE = 1
REACTIVITY = 0
CONTACT = 1

SECTION 4 REACTIVITY DATA
Stability: Stable
Conditions to Avoid (Instability): Keep from heat sources, sparks, and open flames.
Materials to Avoid (Incompatibility): Oxidizing agents, may react violently. Corrosive to copper and copper alloys. Damp sulfur will corrode steel. Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur.
Hazardous Decomposition Products: Oxides of sulfur gasses produced by burning sulfur.

SECTION 5 HEALTH HAZARDS
Sulfur is essentially non-toxic either through ingestion, inhalation, skin or eye contact. Individuals with known allergies to sulfide drugs may also have allergic reactions to elemental sulfur.

SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF OVEREXPOSURE
Nose or throat irritation, coughing, chest discomfort, asthma, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, stinging eye irritation, skin irritation, hives.

EMERGENCY AND FIRST AID:

SKIN CONTACT:
No adverse effects. Skin irritation may be aggravated in persons with existing skin lesions. Wash exposed clothing separately before reuse. First Aid: Wash skin with plenty of mild soap and water.

EYE CONTACT:
Sulfur dust is an eye irritant. Avoid contact with eyes, especially contact wearers. Wear safety glasses. First Aid: In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for a minimum of fifteen minutes. Hold upper and lower lids apart to insure rinsing of the entire eye surface and lids. Do not use boric acid to rinse with; sulfur is an acid irritant. FOR SEVERE IRRITATION, GET MEDICAL ATTENTION, preferably an ophthalmologist.

INHALATION:
Prolonged inhalation may cause irritation of the respiratory tract. Breathing of dust may aggravate asthma and other pulmonary diseases. Individuals with known allergies to sulfide drugs may also have allergic reactions to elemental sulfur dust. Maintain adequate ventilation in area where dust is present. Wear dust masks and use NIOSH/MSHA approved dust respirator if airborne concentrations exceed exposure limits. First Aid: Move patient to fresh air. Watch for signs of allergic reaction. Use a bronchodilator inhaler if directed by asthma patient. Keep victim warm and quiet. If not breathing, clear airway and start mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. If heart has stopped beating, start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). GET MEDICAL ATTENTION.

INGESTION:
Ingested sulfur is converted to sulfides in the gastrointestinal tract, and ingestion of 10 to 20 grams has caused irritation of the GI tract and renal injury. Individuals with known allergies to sulfide drugs may also have allergic reactions to elemental sulfur. Swallowing large amounts may cause nausea and vomiting. Do not eat sulfur. First Aid: For large amounts ingested, if the victim is conscious and alert, give two or more glasses of water to drink. If available, give one tablespoon of Syrup of Ipecac to induce vomiting. If vomiting does occur, give fluids again. If vomiting has not occurred in twenty minutes, the same dose of Syrup of Ipecac may be repeated one additional time. Alternatively, vomiting may be induced by touching the back of the throat with a finger. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious or convulsing person. GET MEDICAL ATTENTION.

EXPOSURE LIMITS:
No exposure limits have been established.

TOXICOLOGY:
Oral LD50 (Rats):>5050 mg/kg body weight
Dermal LD50 (Rats):>2020 mg/kg body weight
Inhalation @ 90% LC50 (Rats):>5.49 mg/L air concentration
Skin Effects (Rabbits): Slightly irritating
Eye Effects (Rabbits): Minimal irritation in non-washed eyes

CARCINOGENICITY, TERATOGENICITY, MUTAGENICITY:
This product does not contain any ingredient designated by NTP, IARC, or OSHA as a probable human carcinogen.

SECTION 6 PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFE HANDLING AND USE

STORAGE:
Containers should be stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated area. Keep container tightly closed. Store away from flammable materials, sources of heat, flame and sparks. Separate from chlorates, nitrates and other oxidizing agents. Exercise due caution to prevent damage to or leakage from container.

EXPLOSION HAZARD:
Avoid any conditions that might tend to create a dust explosion. Be careful not to create dust. Maintain good housekeeping practices to minimize dust build-up and dispersion. Eliminate sources of ignition. Keep away from heat, sparks and flames. Use nonferrous tools to reduce sparking. Sweep or shovel up spilled material using a natural fiber broom and/or aluminum shovel to prevent sparking. Maintain adequate ventilation in all areas.

SMALL or LARGE SPILLS:
No flares or flames in area. No smoking. Danger of dust explosion near sparks. Sweep or shovel up spilled material using a natural fiber broom and/or aluminum shovel to prevent sparking. Place sweepings in an appropriate chemical waste container for reclaiming or disposal in an approved facility. Wash spill site after clean up is complete. Wear protective clothing during clean up: safety glasses, rubber gloves, impervious clothing, dust mask or respirator.

SECTION 7 PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
WORK AREA:
Protective equipment should be used during the following procedures:
- Manufacture or formulation of this product.
- Repair and maintenance of contaminated equipment.
- Clean up of leaks and spills.
- Any situation which may result in hazardous exposure.
Maintain adequate ventilation and wear a respirator or a dust mask to prevent inhalation. Wear suitable, protective clothing and safety glasses to prevent skin and eye irritation from dust. Maintain a sink, safety shower and eyewash fountain in the work area. Wash skin thoroughly after handling and before eating or smoking. Wash contaminated clothing separately before reuse.

SECTION 8 DOT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION
TSCA:
This product is listed on the TSCA Inventory at CAS Registry Number 7704-34-9.
CERCLA:
Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA). If this product is accidentally spilled, it is not subject to any special reporting. We recommend that you contact state and local authorities to determine if there are other local reporting requirements.
SARA TITLE III:
Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act, Title III, Sections 311/312: Hazard Category: Delayed Health. Section 313: None. Section 302: None.
RCRA:
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act: not subject to reporting because sulfur is not identified as a hazardous waste.

SHIPPING CLASSIFICATION
Solid sulfur is not subject to the requirements of Title 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Shipping Guidelines or the IMDG Code if transported in a non-bulk packaging (less than 400 kg per package) or is formed to a specific shape (e.g., prills, granules, pellets, pastilles, or flakes).

This product is not a Marine Pollutant as defined in 40 CFR part 172.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT YOUR TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE. FOR ADDITIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION, CALL S. F., SULFUR CORPORATION AT 800-234-7094.

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS BASED ON THE DATA AVAILABLE TO US AND IS BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT. HOWEVER, S. F. SULFUR CORPORATION MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OF THIS DATA OR THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE THEREOF. S. F. SULFUR CORPORATION ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURY FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCT DESCRIBED HEREIN.

DATE OF ISSUE: APRIL 1, 2000
REVIEWED: JUNE 1, 2002

27th January 2007, 06:21 PM
For those of you that have never read an MSDS sheet before...the LD50 is a reference to a test where a substance is fed to a large population of rats. THE LD50 is the amount of said substance that causes 50% of the rat population that ingested the substance to die...Lethal Doage 50.

I'm really thinking more and more the sulfur coming your way is a bad idea, if you can send it back, please do. I'm sure the company has protocols necessary to dispose of the stuff properly.

Kashmirror
27th January 2007, 06:25 PM
-I just received the sulfur from UPS, that was really fast shipping. The sulfur does not smell like anything.
-Isn't it suppose to smell like funky- rotten eggs?
-I did not directly inhale the dust because the Material saftey Data sheet said it May cause a small cough -respiratory disturbance if mildy inahaled.
-On the container it says it is: 99.9% Pure, Low Acid, Vulcanizing.
--BUt then on the MSDS it says it is: Precipitated sulfur, sulfer flour, sulphur.
- I tried to light it on fire and it did not ignight or burn. I think I may have to make my own fire works now. At any rate, I don't feel like I am at Danger with this stuff. It says it can be flammable when mixed with Air,,I hope I do not spontaneously combust......joking.
++++Does anyone know if this is the stuff RB is talking about or should I continue my search for some more stinkier sulfer????

27th January 2007, 07:15 PM
The stuff that Robert is talking about can be found in metaphysical stores along with the coals they burn on...I really don't think you should keep this stuff, and I don't doubt it could be explosive with contact to air. If you can send it back, please do.

I would really try cooking chopped garlic in a fry pan or burning garlic oil. I think that would work much better.

Please don't blow yourself up or anyone else....

journyman161
27th January 2007, 10:24 PM
http://www.safe2use.com/safe-products/sulfer_cream.htm

It is actually good for your skin. :)Actually that site is talking about a commercial product that has sulfur in it & doesn't actually say it is raw sulfur, as well as the fact it is a creme.

This should not be taken as advice that sulfur in raw form is good for the skin.

Robert Bruce's advice is in regard to fumigating a room or house & has nothing to say about using raw sulphur on skin or as a bath additive. KM, nobody can stop you using the raw sulphur you've purchased however you want, but please don't go saying it was on the advice of RB or AD.

The MSDS shown should be enough to put you off doing the strange things you're planning with this substance. I'm not sure where you got the ideas youare wanting to try but I think you'd best put this down as an expensive lesson in finding out things before you commit money to them.

Tom
28th January 2007, 12:23 AM
How difficult could it be to make your own version of one of those commercial products?

Or

For a purely energetic effect rather than a chemical one, what's wrong with putting the sulfer into plastic bags and then piling them on for a while?

journyman161
28th January 2007, 12:33 AM
Tom, I have no idea. Making the equivalent of the commercial product could be easy or impossible without a lab. I also don't know if simply having the sulphur present but wrapped up would have any cleansing or fumigating effects - unless it has some crystal-like properties, I would think not. RB's use seems to be relying on the vapours being inimical to the negs.

The point I was making is that KM is going 'out there' from what RB described & he should not be using RB's use as a platform to experiment with what may be a very dangerous substance in the ways he is proposing to use it.

I don't know where KM got the idea that something that acts like potent incense that cannot be breathed with impunity should also be useful in other ways, but I don't think a reference to RB should be even implied as justification.

Tom
28th January 2007, 04:00 AM
There is no need to bash on sulfer, and Kashmirror was not the one who brought up Robert Bruce. This next paragraph is from the web site I listed:

"The volume of scientific studies on sulfur is enormous. It turns out that sulfur is the most complex element of them all. It is used in the production of sulfuric acid as well as gunpowder. Sulfur is the basis of all modem sulfa drugs. Some studies have shown it to have high anti-yeast, anti-parasite and anti-virus effectiveness. Sulfur was the chief antibiotic used in the U.S.A. until the mid 1900's. Every corner pharmacy sold the yellow powder for every kind of infection and skin irritation imaginable. Sulfur has been proven safe and effective by millions of people in dozens of countries over hundreds of years. Due to its accepted use, sulfur has received a FDA approval for the treatment of acne. It is time to re-introduce sulfur, an old remedy, forgotten only in the last 50 years."

Yes, we are talking about the element sulfer.

journyman161
28th January 2007, 04:40 AM
I wasn't bashing sulphur, but I will point out that millions of people swore by radium as well. The old US 'elixirs' were mainly based around cocaine & heroin. Just because masses of people took something doesn' necessarily mean it's good for you.

But I wasn't bashing sulphur. I was trying to ensure that a recommended use as a fumigator was not extrapolated into a possibly harmful practice. People have some strange ideas at times & we have no information as to where KM got the idea to do the things he mentions.

I realise he didn't bring up Robert Bruce but once it was mentioned I figured it best to clear up that one use does not imply another & RB only mentioned burning it as a fumigant & even there was careful to point out the poisonous nature of the smoke.

And the MSDS makes quite clear I thought that sulphur is not a chemical to take lightly.

violetsky
28th January 2007, 05:46 AM
What you would have purchased would be a very pure form of sulfur. It would also be a very fine powder. Fire works require high surface area very fine sulfur and would be an inhalation concern.

Personally even as a chemical engineer (who has a former classmate who works in a plant that makes explosives for demolition in Quebec) I would not handle this. I far far prefer the red hot chili pepper idea (which I have used with good success). If you use sulfur see if an exterminator can do this for you.

If you still wish to do this on your own PLEASE read the Material Data Saftey Sheet that I provide on the link below before even considering handling this stuff. Get proper hand protection and a dust mask that will remove very small dust particles and understand you have to get out after ignition BUT you could potentially burn your house down if you do not know what you are doing and do not contain this chemical properly to avoid this fine powder from floating up as it burns and causing a fire hazard.
http://www.hess.com/ehs/msds/Sulfur_6192_clr.pdf

Concerned,
violetsky

Kashmirror
28th January 2007, 04:27 PM
Well, thanks everyone for your advise and links, I'm sorry I didn't think I would cause so much commotion and I appoligize if I kept anyone too concerned. As for the firework sulfur powder that I have, Im going to try to return it, and if I can't- I'll try to keep it contained in a safe-cool place as suggested in the MSDS's I've read.
BUt What I really Want to know- Is WHere to FInd the STinky -EGGY Sulfur??? I thought that's what I was ordering, and was looking forward to Fumigating my room with it. I believe the Stink will set me free!!
I guess I'll have to just burn a really big bag of Chili peppers instead.
I just REally Really NEED To GET RID oF THE NEG!!!'
NOt- in relation to anything RObert Bruce has ever advised anyone to do:
And Posionous or not, I still put the powered sulfer at the bottom of my shower- to see what would happen, and washed my feet- I did not get hurt and I got some sleep. I also, threw some powder at my radiator heater and it burned the sulfer, all that happend was that it smelled like I lit a fire-cracker off in my room. I won't do this again. And I'm glad It didn't flame up. You can call me on this- and now that I realize what I've done, I'm glad I still have all of my eye brow/ eye lashes. Tee hee hee, no more yellow pixie dust for me.

journyman161
28th January 2007, 07:21 PM
*grins* OK the image of you standing there throwing dust at a heater both made me grin & made me shudder at the possibilities.

I think if you could try it the way RB suggests. But also if using it in the shower helped you, maybe try it some more, but keep it away from the sensitive areas of your body. I wouldn't risk the chance of it getting inside you or maybe burning sensitive parts.

violetsky
29th January 2007, 05:35 AM
Dear Kashmirror,

Please try mega salt baths, and mega salt foot baths, and magnets and crystals.
Here are links to the information.

Mega Salt Baths:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... etinID=562 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=10&BulletinID=562)

Magnets:
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=5418

The crystal I most recommend is the Jacare Elestial Quartz from Brazil. Most esoteric crystal shops seem to be carrying it now. Make sure to clean your crystal every second day in a mega salt bath exposed to sunlight if possible. You may start burping a lot but oddly burbing is a good sign.
http://www.freespiritemporium.com/elestial.html

Kashmirror
29th January 2007, 01:09 PM
ALoha!
-I am checking in to Magnets now.
-I am still trying to obtain a bath-tub or basin for Mega Salt Bath. In the mean time I will be soaking feet and legs only in a shallow plastic container with black salt and sea salt.
-Also, I already have some really great crystal pieces. I sleep with them, but if I get any extra money, I will definetly check into the Brazil collection.
-Also, still have to return that sulfur. I would love to find the stuff RB is talking about- maybe at a later date.

Robert Bruce
30th January 2007, 05:16 AM
G'day!

You can burn sulfur powder with a censer (a small charoal burner). To burn it raw you may have to mix it with something. Seek advice from someone who knows chemistry before you mix anything. Ask violetsky as she is a chemical engineer.

I cannot recommend bathing in this, as I've never tried this so results are unknown. I have no idea if this is safe or not. Seek expert advice before you do anything like this.

Robert Bruce

Kashmirror
31st January 2007, 06:59 PM
Aloha! and G-Day!
Thankyou Mr. Bruce for being so attentive to your Forums! You are an Awsome person- You're #1 The Forum moderators are so good at advice too.
Thankyou soooo much for writing your books- they have saved my life, and the person who told me about the books also aided.
I can't believe you actually had the time to respond to my post about the sulfur- I didn't mean to stir anything up-sorry to disturb you.
If you have the time, would you be able to reccomend a Healer(s) in the U.S.A, preferrably around the Eastern Region/ Coast- that is up to par- with your qualifications, that may be able to assist me with getting rid of this NEG that has been directly attacking me for 4 years now.
In the past 10 years, I think it may be directly responsible for 2 suicides in my family, 1 complete insanity, 1 complete overshadowing, maybe even more,,, and now me and this on going attack.
I can't let this go any further, and am willing to do just about anything to become Cured of the NEG and then learn how to keep it away by astral combat myself.
I only ask you reccomend someone in the USA, because I would much rather prefer that you do the Healing on me, but I know you're a very Busy person- who doesn't even live In USA, so that's pretty much out of the question.
Please if you have the time, I'd love to hear back from you- at your leisure.
Thankyou once again, when I learn how to Project- I'll figure out how to re-pay you,
Sincerely Yours.
Jaime Hester as Kashmirror.

violetsky
4th February 2007, 04:56 PM
Kashmirror,

The following link will help you find some excellent healers. But they are expensive and I do not know your financial situation. Unfortunately, I am not able to do distance healing like I used to in the past. My new job is very time consuming.

The graduates from this school of healing are very good.
http://www.barbarabrennan.com/welcome/f ... duate.html (http://www.barbarabrennan.com/welcome/find_a_graduate.html)

Sulfur is supposed to be used to clear a house not a person and would be highly dangerous for clearing a person.

Kashmirror
4th February 2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks a-lot!!!
I'm going to look into the Healers in my Area.
I'll get back to you about how much it is- just for your own information.

Blue Mage
7th February 2007, 11:47 AM
All this talk of sulfur and no one mentions MSM...

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1221/

MSM stand for Methylsulfonylmethane, the best source I know of for dietary sulfur. Pills are easy to find in any drug store. I buy the bulk powder and put some in my water every day.

Epsom salts are also high in sulfur but it's not meant to be taken internally on a regular basis. People take it to treat constipation... would give regular people diarhea, too much would probably be deadly.

Blue Mage
7th February 2007, 12:08 PM
I'd also like the emphasize that sulfur is an essential part of a healthy body. Yeah, eating pure sulfur is a quick way to poison yourself, but sulfur in the right form is a great detoxifier. It is found in mostly in fresh, uncooked foods that many people's diets are unfortunately lacking.

Battlemage
19th December 2014, 12:29 PM
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I stumbled upon this conversation and had to throw my experience into it.

First of all, I see a lot of sulfur fear here. From personal experience, sulfur cream will not hurt you. I used petroleum jelly and pure sulfur powder. Absolutely harmless, but it helps with mite infections and general skin health.

As to why is doesn't smell: the smelly sulfur things are compounds involving sulfure. Chemistry is weird like that. Put pure sodium in your mouth and it might explode. Breath chlorine and you are dead. But together they make table salt. Don't ingest sulfur as it creates compounds you don't want in your body. But sulfur cream is fine.

As you make it, just be sure not to fling it around in the air or mess with it near sources of heat or flame.