PDA

View Full Version : Hangover best time for obe

stay
30th January 2007, 02:59 PM
I woke up this morning with a belting hangover i must have had about 5 pints to many lastnight,anyway going off my experiences i thought it would be an ideal time to try for a obe as i seem to have more obe's and more lucid dreams when i feel like this,i must have only been seconds into my attempt when i went bang into a full trance i was literally drifting in and out of consciousness and soon after came the vibrations they were pretty intense but at the same time i felt really relaxed.and thats when i heard my wife say to my daughter "go on wake daddy up" but i knew they were'nt in as they had already left for school,it must have been astral noise,so anyway i ignored it a went on with my obe and then suddenly i ended up on the bedroom floor on my hands and knees out of my body but my daughter was playing on the floor with her toys but as ive already said she wasnt in the house,im not sure if i was drifting in and out of a dream scenario,so i went along with it anyway,i got up onto my feet and walked out of the bedroom my wife was in the bathroon cleaning,i thought to myself this is getting stranger by the second,so i just ignored her and went down stairs to do some reality checks,i walked into the sitting room and looked at the clock on the dvd recorder it was 6.37 am which i knew that was wrong as it was past 8.00am before i attemted my obe,so then i walked into the kitchen and picked up my wallet to check how much money i had,i had a 5 pound note 3 pound coins and some loose change,so i decided to go back up stairs to get back to my body to remember this,as i got back into my bedroom i had a quick look out of the window everthing seemed in place apart from my fence was missing which this was weird as i had an obe a couple of weeks ago were i looked out of my bedroom window and also then my fence was missing,i must have been pulled back into my body then i woke straight up after this,so as soon as i woke up i ran down stairs to get my wallet,it wasnt in the kitchen it was it the dinning room but i opened it anyway and checked how much was in,there was no 5 pound note but there was 3 pound coins,two 2 pound coins and some loose change,all in all it came to £8.36 as in my obe it was £8 and some change.
Pretty weird thats all i can say,what do the experts think? as im still new to all of this

CFTraveler
30th January 2007, 04:37 PM
All I can say is that when I'm hungover all I do is puke and wish I was dead.

Ryan2007
30th January 2007, 06:18 PM
I think I read somewhere on a lucid dreaming website http://www.lucidity.com that drinking causes one to dream less initially, then the next night or morning, causes r.e.m. rebound as the brain tries to make up for the lost r.e.m. cycles. The increased r.e.m. activity might be responsible for increased lucid dreams/ o.b.e.'s while the brain tries to make up for the lack of good fulfilling sleep. As with all health debilitating techniques, I wouldn't recommend this as routine for inducing the experience.
Just my opinion. :twisted:

Veles
31st January 2007, 02:05 AM
that's it, i'm getting on the piss tonight.

Seafury
5th August 2007, 01:11 AM
I dunno if I'd want to use something as fleeting as money in my wallet as a reality check. It's my understanding that, while everything has an astral counterpart, sometimes it won't show up where you think it will because it hasn't been there long enough to make an impression. The money in my wallet changes amounts all the time, so it wouldn't be a good measure.

The fence part baffles me though, unless you had recently built that fence?

and with your wife and kid there when they shouldn't have been, makes me think you were seeing a lot of dream scenario mixed in there.

chips
7th September 2007, 05:43 AM
I dunno if I'd want to use something as fleeting as money in my wallet as a reality check. It's my understanding that, while everything has an astral counterpart, sometimes it won't show up where you think it will because it hasn't been there long enough to make an impression. The money in my wallet changes amounts all the time, so it wouldn't be a good measure.

The fence part baffles me though, unless you had recently built that fence?

and with your wife and kid there when they shouldn't have been, makes me think you were seeing a lot of dream scenario mixed in there.
as i understand it, whenever we live somewhere for a certain amount of time, we leave astral/psychic/energetic imprints in the very atmosphere (or maybe in the floors and walls..?). and these imprints, when viewed, psychically, is seen as the physical form of the person who's imprint it belongs to. basically, they're supposed to be mindless thought-forms. as i understand it, when in the astral you can literally "see" people's thoughts. he could have possibly seen the imprints of his family left in the room. ust a piece of thought.

David Mustardseed
7th September 2007, 11:23 AM
I was going to start a simiar thread. The experience you mention is very much like mine. Sometimes I have as much as 10-12 WILDS on waking up with a hangover. Normally I take a few asperin and enjoy it. But it is indeed wierd. Like that old movie about the Kungfu champ that had a style requiring him to be drunk........anyone....thought it was bruce lee

Korpo
7th September 2007, 11:31 AM
"Drunken Master" has also this topic with Jackie Chan. It is a kind of parody, because the drunken boxing styles do not require to be drunk, but train the same seemingly uncoordinated movement styles to prevent an opponent to predict your moves.

Monkey boxing is known for its wild moves and sudden attacks, for example, too.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/images/faces/hijacked.gif

Oliver

bastien001
11th September 2007, 06:52 AM
Yeah, absolutely guys.
I do Monkey style kung fu. The drunkard style is also a very nice style, in which you pretend to be drunk, fall on the floor, drink a cup of rice alcohol, :lol:
in the monkey style it's rolling, jumping, scratching, sommersaulting...very fun to practice and have fun with. I definitely advise anybody to try kung fu, and there are many other styles, including many, many animal styles.

Gilrandir
20th September 2007, 01:09 AM
I agree.

I've managed to have random, albeit weak, OBE's while sleeping off a night of drinking.

whitethorn
9th October 2007, 11:25 AM
i only had one obe memory that i would count as substantial, that was after working all night and then after getting to bed at 9am it happened spontaneously as i was falling asleep. After trying to end the experience by opening my eyes and failing, I managed to snap out of it by taking my hands to my eyelids and forcing them open - then quickly writing it down. Def reccomend having a pen and pad ready if your making a seroius effort, i was losing the memory of it as i was writing, and it was so clear at the time.
I attended one of Roberts courses a couple of years back, and he said to me whike we were alone to try the routines while hungover as id prob have more success. Probably not something a teacher should reccomend in public for obvious reasons but yes he seemed to think that it would help. Havent had any success since really but cant say ive put all that much effort into it. Best thing ive tried is the gateway cds or a simple shamanic drumbeat is something that im trying at the moment and that certainly seems to help focus while im in a trance.

Arise
23rd October 2007, 06:39 PM
UGH!! HANGOVERS YUCK :lol:

mrsix
18th May 2008, 09:27 AM
I saw this thread and had to reply.

A few years back I myself had one two many pints of the black-stuff, and passed out.
In the morning, I woke up (feeling bloody awful like your goodself!, and lied down in bed looking at the ceiling wondering why I had that extra pint and a smoke.

Then, all of a sudden, in my head I thought "now its time to OOB" ... and suddenly a powerful sucking sensation occured on my third eye, and then POOF! I was out.
It just happened so smoothly and suddenly, and something inside me told me I was going to OOB.

When I was out, I was in the RTZ in my room, moving around like a little camera, and I only managed to move a few feet from my bed until I snapped back.,.. but still.
Interesting about booze.

Also, I tend to drink alot less now, and only one or 2 pints when I fancy it... but I find if I have just say, one pint of lager or bitter, than my energy body is alot more responsive, as I think it has a calming effect (obviously, in moderation)

philipsmeyer
12th July 2008, 08:05 PM
I'm fully up with this hangover story

Usually after a heavy night of drink I wake up at 5am with the craving for water.
After drowning myself in water from the tap in a dozed of state
and getting back to bed is when many of my AP have taken place in the past.

I would asume that due to dehydration the energy body would be depleated,
but it could also be that due to the craving the body absorbes the water
much quicker in the solar plexus area thus increasing energy?.

Im pulling all this out of my ass btw
The REM idea sounds more scientificly solid though

Cheerz

CFTraveler
12th July 2008, 08:40 PM
would asume that due to dehydration the energy body would be depleated, No, the physical body would be depleted. The need for water would instead make you want to get up, increasing the chances of an OBE just like any other reason why you'd get up in the middle of the night (to go to the bathroom, or if something else wakes you) etc.

but it could also be that due to the craving the body absorbes the water
much quicker in the solar plexus area thus increasing energy?. No, water absorption happens at the cellular level, so it would have nothing to do with any specific chakra. If you connect water or the lack of it to a specific chakra, then it would be the sacral chakra, which is associated with water, creativity & sex. In this case the lack of it.
The only reason a hangover would increase the chances of OBE would be the same reason a fevered illness would increase it. Because it weakens your body and leaves you less connected from physical reality.
Frankly, I'd rather OBE because of practice, not because of self-destructive behavior.

ps. I'm moving this thread to OBE Research & Discussion for self-explanatory reasons.

martin booker
27th July 2008, 12:15 AM
Wow i thought it was just me! i have had quite a few O.B.E from felling groggy from a night out! i know its not a smart thing to practice but it is always in the morning as the trance state seems to come much sooner for some reson and stays longer i wonder what thats all about?

ArcticStoneage
27th July 2008, 01:05 AM
Happens to me too

gHOST
27th July 2008, 02:49 AM
my daughter was playing on the floor with her toys but as ive already said she wasnt in the house,im not sure if i was drifting in and out of a dream scenario,so i went along with it anyway,i got up onto my feet and walked out of the bedroom my wife was in the bathroon cleaning

This is a long shot but maybe your wife was in her mind thinking alot about how she must clean the bathroom and your daughter about playing rather than being in school and that caused it to appear in your OBE? I'm not expert just making a wild but possible guess I suppose :p

philipsmeyer
11th August 2009, 05:06 PM
In replay 2 gHost. I'ff been sleeping then suddenly I think/dream of my parents and when I wake up I have like 3 missed calls from them. This has happened to friends aswell. When we are sleeping does not mean we are tully unconsious.