PDA

View Full Version : question on time spent per day doing NEW excercises

Seeuzin
30th January 2007, 10:42 PM
I noticed a discrepancy between Astral Dynamics and these forums regarding NEW, and was wondering if anyone could clear it up for me. I read through the beginning excercises for the secondary system, and if my math is right, it adds up to about 50 minutes of energy work per day at the start. But I read that doing that much energy work per day might not be good for my systems at least in the beginning, actually I think someone told me it was way too long =/ so I'm confused....I've listed below all the beginning excercises outlined in Astral Dynamics, and how many minutes Robert Bruce said to spend on each one. How long would be a reasonable time to practice energy work per day in the beginning? And what part of these excercises should I leave out or shorten to make my practice last about that long per day? I want to do this as safely as I can.

---------------------------------------------

Here's my math:

LEGS/FEET
-brushing/sponging left big toe (3 mins)
-brushing/sponging right big toe (3 mins)
-repeating brushing and sponging action on all other toes (no time to do this is given - guessing this will take another 20-30 seconds per toe minimum, so 4-5 mins to get both sets of 5 toes done.)
-mobile rotary (stirring) action on soles of both feet (5+ mins per sole)
brushing action on soles (no time specified; guessing 1 min per sole to lowball it)
-sponging through each foot (no time specified; guessing 1 min per foot)
-brushing front/back/inner/outer sides of both legs, 12 times each way (3 seconds from one end to the other means that I'll spend 3secs X 12 times X 2 legs X 4 sides of each leg, which is about a minute, multiply that by two because it's 3 seconds each way, so about...eight? maybe my math is wrong...minutes on this)
-sponging through whole leg (no time specified; guessing 1 min per leg)

ARMS/HANDS
-brush tops of all fingers (30 seconds per finger X 10 fingers = 6 minutes)
-brush undersides of all fingers (6 more mins)
-wide brush on back of each hand (30 seconds X 2 hands = 1 minute)
-brush side-to-side on all fingers (no time specified; guessing 1 minute)
-mobile stirring action on palm and underside of all fingers (guessing 1 minute)
-wide brush on palm area and fingers (lowballing it, let's say 30 seconds)
-sponging through whole of both hands (guessing 30 seconds)
-brush inner and outer arm 12 X each on both arms, taking 3 seconds each way (12 X 2arms X 3seconds X 2 directions X 2 sides of each arm = about five minutes)
-sponge up an down each arm 12 times (12 X 2arms X 2directions X 3 seconds (about 2.5 mins)

Total = around 50 minutes.

CFTraveler
30th January 2007, 11:25 PM
I scoured the tutorials for length of time doing NEW, and the only thing I could find about it was in here: http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.as ... enceID=241 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.asp?Search=time&Type=1&ReferenceID=241)

and what I get from this is to use your judgement on the length of time you spend on these techniques, for example, if you take 20 minutes on your thumb by the time you get to your knee you'll either have passed out or gotten bored.

Rayson
31st January 2007, 12:25 AM
This is something you can largelt be flexible with. Common sense actually applies largely to spiritual practice, I find, once you have enough of the basic rules and ideas in your head.

I spent a lot of time in my beginning never moving past toes. I had a lot of blocks, and the time and energy it would take me to get them active was enough of an investment that I was done for the day. Later, if I felt I had already spent some decent time on my toes that week, I would just give them some basic brushes, and then move on to other parts.