PDA

View Full Version : How Real Are Your Dreams?

FeroxSeraph
1st February 2007, 02:05 AM
Ok, I haven't talked to many people about their dreams so obviously I only know about how my dreams are. In MY dreams I have had expirences like tasting my own blood & feeling wind, like when a truck goes by how it pushes you away at first & then pulles you back in. So the question is: How real is your dreams? Is this what everyone does when they dream?

Veles
1st February 2007, 03:48 AM
My dreams are very real, but i've noticed that at least once every night i experience what i call "the moment of clarity" when for a few seconds one of my senses is being multiplied by 10. I may taste, see, hear etc something as if it was totally real. I may forget the rest of the dream when i wake up, but i always remember this moment of clarity.
another weird observation i've noticed is that i may engage into conversation with a person i know, although this person doesn't look like the one i know, i still know who it really is. It sounds like a great "trigger" in a dream, but i take it for granted.

FeroxSeraph
1st February 2007, 04:44 AM
I have a few where just one sense is there more than others, but in most of them all 5 are there for the full dream. It's glade to hear that other people can feel or taste things in their dreams too.

Veles
1st February 2007, 07:06 AM
I have a few where just one sense is there more than others, but in most of them all 5 are there
yeah, that's exactly what i mean

crappysurfer2
3rd February 2007, 02:39 AM
many times my dreams are as real or more real than 'reality'

ranlinra13
3rd February 2007, 01:45 PM
I believe that our dreams are as real as our waking states. I believe that it is just a different dimension with different laws that bind that space. Like physical reality is based on laws - laws of gravity and so forth. I believe in this space the psychic mind is more awake and active, therefore manifestation is instant or almost instant there. A place with less limitation.

I believe that our dreams to affect our physical life in some way, whether direct or indirect. I believe that if you hurt yourself in a dream, you could awake with the injury. As I believe that you could receive a kiss in a dream, and feel the loving affects in your physical awake state all day.

Robert Moss's book Conscious Dreaming or Dreamgates is a good way to keep all the senses alive in the dream state.

I like how you to power over your dreams - after all you are the dreammaster of your own dreams.

chips
3rd February 2007, 06:44 PM
i believe dreams are as real as you and me.... when u "feel" or "Taste" something in ur dreams, its because that feeling is saved in ur subconcious. u can never feel something in ur dreams if youve never felt that sensation in real life.

me
3rd February 2007, 10:59 PM
It's a shame, when I wake up after a vivid dream - it is so blatantly obvious how the dream was formed. As in, there are small references to things that have occurred in reality. That's all it is, our brain sifting through the days sh*t. It is not another dimension.

ranlinra13 I believe you are confused, if you hurt yourself in a dream, you think that you will wake up with that injury? If that is so, then I would be hideously injured.

journyman161
3rd February 2007, 11:36 PM
It's a shame, when I wake up after a vivid dream - it is so blatantly obvious how the dream was formed. As in, there are small references to things that have occurred in reality. That's all it is, our brain sifting through the days sh*t. It is not another dimension.

ranlinra13 I believe you are confused, if you hurt yourself in a dream, you think that you will wake up with that injury? If that is so, then I would be hideously injured.Maybe you're not dreaming the same kind of dreams? Perhaps, Me, you aren't aware of your more astral dreams 7 only recall the event-processing where the mind takes the day's events & sorts & associates them for storing in the hologram?

Since my teen years at least, I have, on occasion, had very vivid dreams where the detail is rife. They stick in my memory because of that vividity. Up to a couple of years later I find myself in exactly that situation. Exactly! Detail for detail.

The most puzzling thing is that so far, they haven't ever been for anything dramatic - just day-to-day scenes that somehow are appearing a couple of years earlier than the event.

FeroxSeraph
4th February 2007, 07:31 AM
Ok, so I have heard of astral & lucid dreaming. Like what are they?

CFTraveler
4th February 2007, 07:27 PM
Lucid dreaming is when you know you're dreaming.
If you don't know what astral is, then read this: http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65

crappysurfer2
5th February 2007, 01:46 AM

ranlinra13 I believe you are confused, if you hurt yourself in a dream, you think that you will wake up with that injury? If that is so, then I would be hideously injured.

its true, dreams sift through the days crap, but if you learn to do that when you're awake you wont have to while you're dreaming, or if you learn lucid dreaming you can cruise through your subconcious

ranlinra13
15th February 2007, 10:43 PM
I believe you are confused, if you hurt yourself in a dream, you think that you will wake up with that injury? If that is so, then I would be hideously injured.

I didn't say that you will wake up with the injury, I said that you"could" wake up with the injury.

I have experience many, many physical injuries from lucid dreaming. I have learned through practice to protect my physical body to not allow this to happen, although it sometimes still does. I don't understand all the mechanics of why sometimes it happens, and others that is doesn't. I have experimented with using different forms of my dream bodies, but it usually is the fact of the intensity of the lucid dream more than anything else.

I have lectured on dreams and had many people come to me for help because they too have had physical injury and marks on their bodies from a dream.

If a mother could feel the pain of her child hundreds of miles away.......if a loved one feels the anxiety of their love when they are not near......if a scientist could split an atom, change the direction of the spin in one part, and it affects the other in the same way a distance away.......then why couldn't an injury in a dream - which is simply a different dimension or time or frequency filter down from the astral body, the astral section of the aura and filter down to the physical and injure the physical body.

Edgar Cayce reports that he was going to walk on an elevator, but saw that no one had an aura, he decided not to go on. The elevator crashed and everyone died. So, there was an indication of the death in the auric field prior to physical injury, prior to physical death.

How could a voice print be analized in sound therapy and indicate a physical injury days prior to the pain and markings of the injury on the physical body?

I think that the more imporant questions would be why do some people experience the injury from a dream and others do not? Is something off in their auric field? Do they need more protection?

And secondly, how do we protect ourselves so that those that do have physical injuries from dream injuries stop this from happening.

Thank you for your comment - they always make me delve deeper into my woderings and dream experiments.

cainam_nazier
19th February 2007, 07:47 AM
The "reality" of my dreams varies from dream to dream. They are not all as intense as reality when it comes to the five senses. But some of them are and some of them are more real than reality, if such a thing is possible.

Dragonlor
19th February 2007, 10:03 AM
The quality of my dreams is dependant on how much imagination and entertainment I expose myself to. Generally I only remember sight and sounds. I had at least one dream where I could smell something quite strongly although I have since forgotten what the odor was. I don't think I've ever tasted anything in my dreams although I rarely if ever remember actually eating during any of them. I can't really say if I remember a whole lot of touch since I never really pay much attention to that even when I'm awake. While I've had countless dreams where something tries to/does harm me I've only actually felt pain once, and it was quite painful at that.