PDA

View Full Version : Heart beats

Gerbil
15th February 2007, 04:54 PM
I searched around Google and everywhere, but i did not got a fair answer.
So, i am posting it in this pariticular forum - OBE, cause before it happened, i read about it alot..alot & alot.
Anyway, it has happened about three times for me, the first time it did, it was the fastest.
My mother was in the room, making all the noises with the computer, so i had a pillow on my ear (lying on the side). Anyway i was just thinking about astralprojecting, imaging that a elevator is lifting me, but nothing but a slight hovering happened, even my body was not numb yet (i never get paralyzis, sofar, i just dont feel my bodyparts but chest, that is moving). Anyway, i just decided to relax, and i tryed to let my self really loose. I was quite shocked when my body started to buzz or whatever, and the lifting feeling was allright there. I was definitely not that "scared", that it happened beacause of my afraidness. So - my heart beated reeeally fast, thats why i stopped and got up. My mother felt it too, when she put her hand on my throat.
So is it dangerous? I dont want to harm myself..
Besides, i am only 15, and perhaps too young for projecting (not that i may not cant, but it might be more dangerous? So i read).
The rest of the evening i was very anxious, and moving forth-and-back. Not that i was crazy, but i didnt want it to happen again.
The same feeling came slightly over me couple of hourse later, when it was time to go to sleep, but i moved immeaditly, when it did. Finally i got some sleep, so the next day i was pleased, that i was able to sleep..

As i said, it has happened about two times more, when i had my thoughts on it, but not that immeaditly. I let it not last long. But i actually, after the first try, was concertrating more on lucid dreaming. I didnt want to be near "project" again.

Anyway, is the fast heart beats dangerous/normal? And strong feeling of buzz, a warming body and "rising up feeling"? Rising probably is, as far as i have read.

Sorry about my probable language mistakes, i have never learned english nowhere but automatically from TV, maybe.

Tom
15th February 2007, 05:07 PM
The physical body will tend to make the mistake of thinking that what you experience with your energy body is happening to it instead. Your heart chakra becomes more active as you approach going out of body, and your physical heart reacted to this also. Even when you do not get out of body, when you attempt to go out of body you cause your energy body to react and to develop. Because you said that the first time the reaction was strongest and then the second and third times were not as bad, it sounds like your physical body is already learning that what your energy body experiences is separate and that it does not need to react also.

CFTraveler
15th February 2007, 05:17 PM
Heart chakra activity is normal, but accelerated heartbeat isn't. If your mother witnessed/could perceive a rapid heartbeat/palpitations, you need to see a medical practicioner to rule out cardiac problems. It could also be an anxiety attack, but it it best left to a medical professional to determine.
As to your other symptoms, there are many topics on astral noise, heart chakra activity, and OBE induction in the forums and Robert's treatise:
Treatise on Astral Projection
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65
astral noise- clariaudient hallucination log
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=4296

As to age restrictions, Robert Bruce wrote this in the Kundalini topic, but I believe it applies to any practice involving altered states:
"A certain level of maturity and psychological balance are necessary to safely handle the onslaught of impressions and information that is generated by the expanded consciousness produced by the kundalini evolutionary mechanism. Most adults have a problem doing this. Given the more unstable emotions of teenagers, it would likely be even more of a problem.
It might sound really cool to experience this, and to have visions and hear spirits and all that kind of thing. But if this is not controlled, it can turn into psychosis, even schizophrenia. "
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... t=6206#top (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=6206#top)

Tom
15th February 2007, 05:24 PM
Right. I forgot about the liability issue. But before we get into schizophrenia and other disasters I'd like to ask if this rapid heartbeat is consistent with good aerobic exercise or if it is outside the range of what would be normal if you were exercising. Please keep in mind that reacting with concern to a rapid heartbeat is likely to speed it up even more and throwing out words like schizophrenia is a good way to do that.

CFTraveler
15th February 2007, 05:37 PM
Right. I forgot about the liability issue. But before we get into schizophrenia and other disasters I'd like to ask if this rapid heartbeat is consistent with good aerobic exercise or if it is outside the range of what would be normal if you were exercising. Please keep in mind that reacting with concern to a rapid heartbeat is likely to speed it up even more and throwing out words like schizophrenia is a good way to do that. I was responding to the question of age- I hope it wasn't misconstrued. I meant to say that the age thing is a matter of maturity and emotional stability, not necessarily chronological. I apologize if it made it look connected.

Gerbil
15th February 2007, 06:29 PM
Thank you..

I'd like to ask if this rapid heartbeat is consistent with good aerobic exercise or if it is outside the range of what would be normal if you were exercising.

I am not sure, i guess i should observe myself while exercising.
Also, it speeded up quite very fast. I let it last for a while, but then got scared, that it beats too fast for too long. And perhaps it would get even faster.
Basically the time i was in the bed still, until this began, was not longer than 2 minutes. So it was fast, and very suprising, but i was not..well i was quite calm at that point, when the feeling lasted. I read that the people feel gentle feeling off buzzing? Well it was strong.
It is 20.12 in my time, so i am going to sleep soon (in hope of lucid dreaming). Obviously i am gonna have that feeling again, if i am not going to stop it, cause i browsed about it alot today.
(No time for reading the subjects CFTraveler gave me, though)

Er, i have possibly been in between of sleeping and being awake.. I mean, i was sleeping for like 3 seconds, and "woke up" cause a picture or a small "dream" flashed in front of my eyes..Hmm, yes, eyes i think, or it was just so fast, that i didnt realised where it came from.

Might be WILD somehow connected to it (heartbeats and "co-feelings"? I read about it today, and it seemed, that people who experimented that experienced it aswell. And by the same topic projecting was mentioned.

As i understand i should be calm as possible and overcome my fears. Oh well. I dont think i will try it today or any closer time.. I dont have much to loose when something should happen, but i dont like the feeling of fear.. :P Nobody does, of course.

While the raising up feeling lasted, my eyes were closed, i heard everything what was around me (mother, pets), didnt see anything besides regular blackness. I think i was totally concious.

When it is summer, i sleep very long. For example i go to sleep 00.00, and totally get up 15-16.00 Mostly 14.00. But sometimes i go home from school (15-16) and sleep until morning (7).
There is small breaks too, and after 11-12 i see definatley dreams, or should i say they are longer, and i remember them better.