PDA

View Full Version : Journeys Out Of Body

Hidden_Mystic
20th November 2019, 11:37 PM
Just to clarify with Exercise A I just basically think of any image while listening to this audio. Like for example i think say a diamond so i just imagine a diamond?

CFTraveler
21st November 2019, 04:23 PM
Just to clarify with Exercise A I just basically think of any image while listening to this audio. Like for example i think say a diamond so i just imagine a diamond?
If it's the part where he says "remember your purpose" I just thought of the purpose of the exercise itself- to get out of my body. But maybe I should find my manual, which has detailed instructions. Do you not have it?

CFTraveler
21st November 2019, 04:30 PM
I extracted the answer from a translation I had made for a spanish speaking group. In other words, this is a rough version of what the manual says.
The manual says to have chapter 16 handy in Monroe's book, as a reference for details.
"Lay down, preferably when you're tired or sleepy. When you're about to go to sleep, focus your mental attention on something, whatever, with eyes closed. Keep your attention on the one thing without going to sleep.
When you hear "remember your purpose", you remember you're not going to let yourself sleep by thinking on this one thing." So yes, you pick whatever you're going to think about. And you can change it if you want provided it's not regular mental chatter, because that will lull you to sleep.