PDA

View Full Version : Dream Journal Index

orbit1
19th February 2007, 04:24 PM
I've started to index my dream journal. I'm doing this mostly for entertainment's sake. In the past, I've had dreams that have reminded me of other dreams, so I figured an index would be an easy way to cross-reference these dreams.

I try to index everything that may be even slightly significant, and I break it down into sub-headings like location, transportation, emotion, animal, etc.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has indexed their dream journal, and if so, how you may have used it to learn from or expand your dream experience.

Thanks!

The Cusp
21st February 2007, 01:43 AM
I've been trying to do that for awhile now as well. Like you said, certain dreams will make you remember other dreams that seem somehow realted.

I have 2 methods of accomplishing this. The first on is trying to make a physical map where one dream leads into another.

The other is linking linking together dreams that somehow seem realated to each other, even though they of different places .

Both methods are messy as hell, and I'd love to hear how you approach this.

I was trying to set up my own PHPBB dj with more functionality, but I never could figure out how to get PHPBB set up, never mind modify it to my needs.

orbit1
18th March 2007, 05:22 PM
Both methods are messy as hell, and I'd love to hear how you approach this.

I think what I'm doing is much simpler than what you've described. I've just numbered the pages in my dream journal, then indexed it as you would a book. For example:

barriers
-fence, 311, 317, 342, 351, 353
-gate, 314
-locked door, 314

That way I can compare dreams that have similar content. I still haven't really figured out how to use this to learn from my dreams, but it's nice just to have it in place as a tool if I need it in the future.

-Michael

bad buddhist
21st May 2007, 02:53 AM
I get so much dream material, and I'm so lazy that I only list dream subjects, actions, people, places, and themes. I admire what everyone else is doing. Also, I DO have geographic & directional awareness within all my dreams, so I might try the "mapping" thing.