PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning the wav/mp3 affirmations files

FutureTraveler
20th February 2007, 07:52 PM
Hello everybody,

a quick question i hope somebody can answer, please.

I just ordered MAP from Amazon.com and it's going to take some time before i receive it.

I was reading the user reviews and i found out the included cd has affirmations/belief in mp3/wav format.

I'm assuming such files are in English. Fortunately, i have no problem understanding English, but it's not my native language.

I was simply wondering, will these files have the same effect on me or should i create my own, featuring my own voice, in my own native language?

Thanks in advance.

CFTraveler
20th February 2007, 09:14 PM
MAP includes a computer program (for pc) that includes binaural beats, and also mp3/cd affirmation files to be played on an mp3 or cd player. I don't know how 'natural' english is for you, so you may find that recording your own affirmations may suit you best. There are a few people here that speak english as a second language (including me, who is primarily spanish-speaking) and have supplemented their materials otherwise).
I enjoyed the affirmations in the cd, but really didn't need to listen to them, as part of the affirmative process is to write down the words (which you can translate), look at them, say them out loud, etc., so the aural affirmations are purely complementary.
I do like to listen to Brian's lovely voice, though. :lol:
Or is it Brian's voice? :? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-014.gif

FutureTraveler
21st February 2007, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the quick answer.

I guess i'll see when i have the book and cd in my hands.

While i'm here i'll throw in another question, so i won't start another thread altogether. It may sound a little weird, but keep in mind i have very little knowledge of astral projection/obe experiences (a couple of weeks ago i felt this urge to research this kind of stuff. Just like that, out of the blue).

I have a lovely cat here. Does having pets in your house, influence in some way your ability to get out of your body? I've read somewhere that cats/dogs can probably see your astral double when you're out. I love this pet dearly and when i make it out (i know i will), the last thing i want to do is scare the nine hells out of her.

Again, sorry if the question sounds kind of silly .. but i'm pretty much a total "newbie" at this kind of stuff.

Thanks again.

CFTraveler
21st February 2007, 01:05 PM
Yes and no. I have been projecting since I was very young (7 or 8 maybe) and having different kinds of pets has made no difference in my projection results, except for when I had birds (there was one year when I had about 15 parakeets by my bed (on the other side of a wall) and that year I shared dreams with my husband and some co-workers to an alarming rate, and the phenomena dissappeared when I gave the birds away (long story).
Anyway, I have had dogs, cats, birds, turtles, etc. and have never startled any of them when I project. Please realize that pets don't have our preconceived notions (they don't get scared of 'the unknown', that is a human trait.) If they see you they see you and will probably want to play with you, or they'll just ignore or even attack you, something that my cat has done on occasion. After all, you're just one more flying thing to play with, and you know that's what cats do to flying things-try to catch them. I have two cats, and one of them is much more responsive to energy work than the other. I don't know if it's a matter of perception, age or personality.
So don't worry about scaring them, but be prepared to be pounced on- that can be startling. :lol:

FutureTraveler
21st February 2007, 10:04 PM
It's very kind of you to dedicate some time to answer my silly questions.

I guess that's all for the time being. Now .. if i could ,in some way, speed up the book delivery process .. :wink:

I guess i'll have to sit and wait.

Again, thanks for the answers.

jeeeshh
22nd February 2007, 02:07 PM
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2584