PDA

View Full Version : Projection before energy work is complete.

Aspirant
20th February 2007, 08:41 PM
I was reading in Astral dynamics where Bruce was saying that you should never bypass the NEW system before going on to more advanced energy work. The question I have is, what if you sometimes I do project during the night and are fully conscious of it even though I haven't finished the NEW system yet?
Also, another question that is driving me crazy............Once in a while I'll tell myself a couple of times during the day that I will project during the night or sometimes I will ask my spirit guide to help me project. It always works the first time if its been quite sometime since the last projection but never more than one time in a row. Any suggestion or comments?

CFTraveler
20th February 2007, 09:22 PM
I was reading in Astral dynamics where Bruce was saying that you should never bypass the NEW system before going on to more advanced energy work. The question I have is, what if you sometimes I do project during the night and are fully conscious of it even though I haven't finished the NEW system yet? There's nothing wrong in projecting before you get to the projecting part. (I did too, but I'm a spontaneous projector, as are you, probably). what he's trying to avoid is for people to jump to the projection part without having done all the preliminary exercises, since they are there for a reason, and not only do they 'prime' the aspiring projector, but it serves as a platform for the future when problems arise. It's good to have a 'repertoire' of Plan Bs when 'the usual' doesn't work. Doing things in order help with that.

Also, another question that is driving me crazy............Once in a while I'll tell myself a couple of times during the day that I will project during the night or sometimes I will ask my spirit guide to help me project. It always works the first time if its been quite sometime since the last projection but never more than one time in a row. Any suggestion or comments? Suggestions to make it work more than once in a row? None. Comment? It's possible that your guide or higher self knows better, and projecting consciously too often may deplete you, so it may be a matter of letting the batteries 'charge up.'

Aspirant
22nd February 2007, 06:04 PM
Yea, I was thinking the same thing about the depleted energy. Thanks.

kiwibonga
22nd February 2007, 10:30 PM
The first time I tried phasing, I saw a blue tunnel and got startled. I tried to make the tunnel appear many times after that, doing the exact same thing I had done the first time, but to no avail.

I once used the rope technique while relaxed but still fully awake, and suddenly felt the rope in my "fake hands" pulling me upwards. I got startled and snapped back. Never again was I able to produce effects with the rope without being in sleep paralysis.

I once imagined myself on a rocking chair, and suddenly felt this overwhelming force pulling me forward. I got startled, snapped back, and was never able to do it again.

I once imagined that I was jumping out of a window and doing this simple visualization brought on loud sounds of broken glass and electric sparks with vibrations... And you guessed it, that's the only time I got this kind of result doing this.

I don't know why things work once but not twice... And I've seen other people report it as well (especially getting a spontaneous OBE when they finally give up on techniques)... I guess since they're so unexpected at the time, our conscious expectations when we try it again destroy our ability to enter trance?

The one thing that is systematic is "rythm napping" ; to deliberately switch between awake and asleep to muscle your ability to trance. Once you can "go deep" easily, results are much more consistent.

Aspirant
23rd February 2007, 03:06 AM
The systematic napping is something I've sort of tried before. I would actually wake up during the night after a few hours of sleep for a few minutes and then fall back asleep with the intention of projecting. This way seemed to have more consistent results than any other I've tried.

CEP2plet
28th February 2007, 03:53 PM
I don't do energy work, and I've never experienced energy depletion. Um, all I have is an uncanny memory and some lateral thinking, and that seems to do it for me. Is "energy" here supposed to mean something? I feel as though I've missed something.

CFTraveler
28th February 2007, 04:23 PM
I don't do energy work, and I've never experienced energy depletion. Um, all I have is an uncanny memory and some lateral thinking, and that seems to do it for me. Is "energy" here supposed to mean something? I feel as though I've missed something. In this case, 'energy' is a term used to mean the ability to produce or channel into an energy body, as RB describes in his astral projection works. It is (IMO) the same as the 'usual' term for energy in physics (the ability to do work) but the 'work' here is specialized, as in, creating an energy body and being able to maintain coherence and lucidity in the experience, or, (depending on your belief system) the ability to maintain focus of the awareness of the experience.
All these terms are theoretical, but for me, doing NEW has made a humongous difference in the frequency and degree of control on my experiences.

CEP2plet
28th February 2007, 05:30 PM
So, it's sort of like how we say "power" for the flow of electricity in our computers?

kiwibonga
28th February 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, I find that comparing energy to electricity is a bad comparison... I'd say one type of energy is similar to electricity or electromagnetic forces -- that would be the energy involved in telekinesis, levitation, "pyrokinesis" or whatever you call that thing where you light stuff on fire with your mind...

But the energy we manipulate in energy work is usually "thought stuff" -- in qi gong, you heal by sending "good vibes," and you destroy by turning the attacker's "bad vibes" against himself.

I remember reading something in Leadbeater's works... There's 3 types of energy according to him: "Aether" which is the power of infinity, it's something about how the vacuum between two atoms has an infinite size, and you pull energy from that infinite supply of "existence-stuff". Then there's "Prana" or "Chi," the life force, which is what animates us, it relates to our thought processes and our willpower. All living beings have it, and eating live foods (like fruit and vegetables) replenishes this prana. Then there's Kundalini, which we talk about often, yet another type of energy which plays another role. These 3 energies can never be converted from one type to the other, but they can be mixed to produce certain effects.

There's all the things about electric/magnetic, male/female, sun/moon, earth, wind, fire, water, etc... Those are many facets of energy, different "personalities" and "characteristics" that we program energy with.

So as you can see, it's very different from something as "simple" as electricity -- it is a "smart" system, energy is very much alive, energy is consciousness.

CEP2plet
28th February 2007, 07:45 PM
I was just making, um, a simple comparison, yes.

Of course, when we say "power" for the electricity going into our computers we don't really mean, say, power, or influence or control over people or things (although electrical "power" would be one specific use of that word). So, I mean, if we want to be general when we're talking about energy, then why don't we just say energy means "change" of any kind or form.

What I'm wondering is if I don't do any energy work, then how am I still successful in OBEs? Maybe I do it and I don't even realize I'm doing it? That could be a possibility. I mean, I didn't exactly learn how to project, I just sort of did it. Kind of like learning how to walk or ride a bicycle.

Aspirant
28th February 2007, 08:28 PM
I remember in the book Astral Dynamics RB was talking about the human energy system asorbing a certain amount of enery naturally around themselves every day and as we age our energy absorption decreases. I'm guessing that some people naturally can absorb more energy than others. Also we often have engery blockages to different degrees. By doing energy work it enables you to draw more energy in than you normally do and also clears any blockages you may have with continuous practice.

CFTraveler
28th February 2007, 09:16 PM
So, it's sort of like how we say "power" for the flow of electricity in our computers?
P=IV where I stands for current, and V=Voltage. (It's traditionally written as E, but I like V better.)

If I were to compare it to electricity, I would go with V, which is the potential to get those electrons going.

We speak of 'different' types of energy, but energy is energy- what changes is in the way it manifests. It can be used to move electrons (electricity), it can be used to produce magnetism (em), but it still is just the ability to make something happen. What happens is where the differences lie.

What I'm wondering is if I don't do any energy work, then how am I still successful in OBEs? Maybe I do it and I don't even realize I'm doing it? That could be a possibility. I mean, I didn't exactly learn how to project, I just sort of did it. Kind of like learning how to walk or ride a bicycle. I hope no one has said you have to do energy work to be able to OBE. But realize a few things:
There are people who are 'natural projectors', which may mean that they tend to remember their projection- but in my case, they were always spontaneous and not that frequent (1 to 3 a year.) After MAP I do about 1 to 3 a month (depending on various factors). That's a big difference- and now most are conscious projections, where I know what's going to happen, I'm aware as it happens, and consciously try to do things while I'm out. Before MAP, I only had about 3 conscious projections (not deliberate- and mostly helped). This to me is a big difference.
Energy work is not always consciously done. If you work out in any slow and deliberate way, you're doing energy work. Martial Arts=Energy Work. Most of the breathing based meditations=energy work. There are many ways of doing energy work and not even know you're doing it.
So it's not necessarily cut and dried- do's and don'ts are not absolute.

CEP2plet
28th February 2007, 10:38 PM
Then it's true! I do energy work as well! I make electronic music using only a wave editor (that's right, no sequencers, no samplers, no drum machines, only a wave editor). It's slow to make. It's deliberate to every decisecond. That has got to be why I have never experienced energy depletion!

CFTraveler
28th February 2007, 10:47 PM
Then it's true! I do energy work as well! I make electronic music using only a wave editor (that's right, no sequencers, no samplers, no drum machines, only a wave editor). It's slow to make. It's deliberate to every decisecond. That has got to be why I have never experienced energy depletion! Maybe you're doing deep breathing as you do it... :? :D

Aspirant
2nd March 2007, 03:17 AM
Thats something to definatly ponder. I take martial arts also and I never really considered it to be energy work or at least even thought of it that way untill you mentioned it. So, what constitutes something being enery work? CEP2plet says making electronic music is raising his energy. So can anything you do be considered raising energy, like taking an evening walk or relaxing? Also, what is considered to deplete your energy levels? I'm guessing stress at work would definatly deplete energy. But even martial arts could be considered stressful at times too, depending on your state of mind. This brings me to one conclusion.........Maybe its the state of mind combined with what your doing that determines what depleting or rasing energy levels. I think directly focusing on energy raising through forms of meditation seems the best way for me. Its more of a direct approach. The other things like martial arts I would consider passive engery raising.

CFTraveler
2nd March 2007, 01:17 PM
Thats something to definatly ponder. I take martial arts also and I never really considered it to be energy work or at least even thought of it that way untill you mentioned it. So, what constitutes something being enery work? To me, energy work is any type of work (and I say work in the classic sense, which is a transforming of energy) that involves awareness and your body. So, all joking aside, to me making music can be energy activity if you are visualizing the music as part of yourself, feeding your self. As in, auditory visualization of musical tones resonating on specific chakras, for example. There has to be intention or attention in the process.
Martial arts involve the awareness of chi (at least in the few styles I have practiced in the past), position of your center of gravity (which would prob. be in the hara or lower tan tien). All this is in essence energy work, which combined with slow, more deliberate movements (like forms/katas) provide a good foundation for more direct methods. And of course some of them incorporate meditation/visualization, some as awareness exercises (in japanese karate, in my case) and others after the hard workout, as part of the cooldown (which we did when I took Kung Fu many years ago.) ps. I think C. was making fun of what I said but I can't be sure. :lol: :?:

This brings me to one conclusion.........Maybe its the state of mind combined with what your doing that determines what depleting or rasing energy levels. I think directly focusing on energy raising through forms of meditation seems the best way for me. Not just you. :lol:

The other things like martial arts I would consider passive engery raising. I would say that's true for parts of it and depends on the style. Tai Chi is a martial art, and it's just for raising and manipulating energy.
When I took Kung Fu, we did, as part of the workout, energy raising with Qi Gong exercises. Sure, the kicking and punching parts were energy depleting (although went into building muscles, so I would say energy-transforming), but the energy raising we did before the workout and the meditation we did after the workout part went a long way to adding to my energy body.

CEP2plet
2nd March 2007, 04:18 PM
There has to be intention or attention in the process.

Oh yes, there is much intention/attention involved. I'm composing the music with the digital audio wave information itself. No MIDI work. Nothing else but me and the waves. It takes incredible patience, but all worth it, because I can create sound effects that are impossible to do in other kinds of music programs. Would you like to hear some of my creations? Go here, http://www.myspace.com/cep2plet.

I think C. was making fun of what I said but I can't be sure.

I wasn't making fun of you. I now seriously think my music-making is my energy work. Oh, and wiggling my hands, too! It feels so good to wiggle my hands!

CFTraveler
2nd March 2007, 04:22 PM
All righty-then. :lol:

kiwibonga
2nd March 2007, 04:55 PM
If I were to compare it to electricity, I would go with V, which is the potential to get those electrons going.

So, the need on one side, and the goal on the other side, causing a necessary displacement of energy... If the connection is cut (you lose track of the goal), electrons can't flow anymore, and if you use too much without replenishing energy, the battery goes stale! :-D