PDA

View Full Version : Yoga Nidra

mrryjos
22nd February 2007, 11:57 AM
Anybody been working with this technique? I have recently stumbled upon it, and find it very interesting. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

star
22nd February 2007, 12:19 PM
I was just told that it might be a good idea to look this up yesterday. From what I read so far, it seems really interesting. "Stream of conciousness" Sort of thing.

CFTraveler
22nd February 2007, 02:03 PM
For enquiring minds: http://swamij.com/yoga-nidra.htm

Tom
22nd February 2007, 04:06 PM
I was just told that it might be a good idea to look this up yesterday. From what I read so far, it seems really interesting. "Stream of conciousness" Sort of thing.

Stream of consciousness is still a surface level. Yoga Nidra is much deeper, involving being aware while you are in delta rather than low alpha / high theta.

7th March 2007, 04:17 PM
would this be similar or the same as being in what Robert calls a deep trance?

Tom
7th March 2007, 04:37 PM
Trance was defined as the mind awake / body asleep stage. Yoga Nidra is going into sleep consciously, so so far it sounds the same to me, but you can even be having a wake induced lucid dream and still not be all the way into Yoga Nidra. I have only met - in person - one person who regularly experiences lucidity between dreams in deep dreamless sleep. It just seems to me like even a deep trance level could still be possible without going all the way into Yoga Nidra, but when you do get there it would be correct to call it a deep trance in the mind awake / body asleep sense.

7th March 2007, 06:56 PM
Fascinating. It'll be great when I have the organization (I'm in the middle of moving) to be able to accomadate a full practice again. I will try this out then. They make it sound vastly esier then t most likely is. Hehe.