PDA

View Full Version : how do you feel being dead?

jalef
1st March 2007, 06:03 PM
since i started obe training i dont wake up after dying in dreams. being dead in a dream is a very pleasurable feeling of freedom for me. how do you feel and what are your experiences if this happens? is there anyone who experiences kinda hell after dying?

kiwibonga
1st March 2007, 06:14 PM
In some instances, I made peace with myself, thought it was inevitable and should not be challenged. Dying is great, you're excused from everything you have to do instantly ; if you don't show up to work, it's okay, cause you're dead!

The noise subsides... I don't see my dead body, I'm just where I was, and whatever the source of the danger was disappears. I get to roam around, then I wake up.

But more recently I don't let myself die anymore... I've become this arrogant, aggressive, immortal superhero... If I'm not pleased with an outcome, I just rewind the dream and start over. If something is bothering me, I just say "leave me alone" and it disappears. Last night, I teleported out of prison! :D

They're not even lucid dreams, but things always work out in such a way that I'm never forced to do anything, I can always revert something that I dislike.

I dislike dying :p

wstein
2nd March 2007, 03:40 AM
After the moment of death shock I float out disembodied. Then I usually say something like "Oh well" and enter another dream.

blacktiger057
12th April 2007, 12:18 PM
When I die in a dream, it seems that a just shoot straight back into my body and the monster or whatever is trying to kill me just does it again and again and again...I wake up unable to go to sleep, but glad that I'm not dreaming anymore. And it seems that I haven't had a dream for literally months. Does anyone know any reasons for this?

CFTraveler
12th April 2007, 02:01 PM
First of all, you always dream, you just don't remember it. Chances are your dreams are now peaceful and don't wake you up directly after so you don't remember it, so that's the good news.
There is a possibility that the 'monsters killing you' are 'what if' dreams- I find that in my case most are. I can try to escape them by waking up before the 'bad' thing happens,but then they recur. But if I let it happen, and experience it, I don't get the dream again. It seems to me (and I could be wrong here, of course) that when you complete the 'getting killed', which could be considered the 'worst thing' about it (and in your case have it happen repeatedly, to explore the experience and not avoid it, thoroughly), when you're finally done with it, you don't have to have it again, because now you know how it would be if it happened to you.
When I was younger I had a series of nightmares that I stopped by thinking of them before going to bed. A radical move, but it worked for me.
Sweet dreams!

ShatteredSoul
19th June 2007, 02:24 AM
I only died in a dream once. I fell/got pushed out of an airplane. didnt wake up before I hit the ground. then i just lay there looking at the ground with my head lying sideways..... edit. one other time where I got stabbed besides a swimming pool and I fell into the pool and floated slightly at the bottom for several minutes until I realized I was breathing under water (still dead... but not) then I woke up.

Alaskans
1st July 2007, 08:57 PM
Death in dreams must mean something. I might dream about absolutely anything, from geneticly engineered potatoes to hanging out with talking animals (my fav one :D ), but I've never died in any dream. Maybe because I like to think that I've made peace with death.

Serenity
2nd July 2007, 09:37 AM
I was shot and killed in quite a few dreams of mine. I didn't feel particularly stressed about it... I pretty much died and thought, "What now?"

sleeper
6th December 2007, 02:55 AM
I've totally enjoyed reading the responses to this post, for a long time, i never met anyone else who had died during dreams.

I've died many times, and it was final death, ending in a kind of nothingness/darkness. Like serenity, I was indifferent about it. and they were strange dreams for me...i didn't wake up until long after the dream ended, but i remembered it lucidly...i mean that literally. the dreams had every aspect of my lucid dreams, except i wasn't controlling them.

I should add that the darkness...hard to explain to anyone that hasn't experienced it, is a place i go when i mediatate. I focus on the blackness, the nothingness, until my thoughts expire...it helps me when i'm going after visions.

ButterflyWoman
6th December 2007, 03:01 AM
I've died in dreams many times. I've been put in an electric chair, shot, and have also died of non-obvious causes. A couple of times, I dreamed I was a ghost (seriously).

Needless to say, I have absolutely no fear of death now. (Although I do try to avoid it; I've still got stuff to do here ;))

sleeper
6th December 2007, 04:16 AM
CaterpillarWoman, I think that those dreams seem simple but are very complex.

My question for you is: do you think that we have them because of our spiritual work? i think that is part of the reason. Serious energy work makes us confront our death and fear of death, i think. let me know your thoughts.

ButterflyWoman
6th December 2007, 04:59 AM
I've had no fear of death since I was about twelve. I had a dream in which God came and took me out of my body and we went all around the world, with God showing me things and pointing things out to me. I can't consciously remember anything God said to me, but I believe now that I was told most of my life plan (i.e., how things were going to unfold). I have a very curious tendency to recognise signs and situations and read them as signposts (hard to explain).

Anyway, I wasn't doing a lot of spiritual work at twelve, other than having been psychic pretty much all my life and having talked to God pretty much always. :)

The dreams of death... Some were past life memories, I'm sure of that now. Some were symbolic of spiritual things and had to do with various non-material entities that were plaguing me. Some were, I believe, an expression of an intense desire to die so as to be reborn (not a literal "death wish", more of a transformation wish).

I don't know what the ghost dreams were. Usually in my dreams, a "ghost" is an unresolved issue (used to have a lot of haunted house dreams), but that wasn't the quality of the ones where I was the ghost. I don't actually know what to make of them. One of them, I suspect, was actually an astral projection that I just happened to remember as a dream. I was playing in that one, changing shape at will, that sort of thing. :)

For me, it's hard to say how much of my dream life is related to my spiritual work. I've always been spiritual, pretty much, and always been psychic (for lack of a better term), though sometimes I pay more attention than at other times. My dreams have always been quite vivid and I've had precog dreams since puberty. I've always just kind of fit the definition and role of "mystic". Past life memories that I've had so far indicate at least two other lives that have mystical and/or psychic ability, so it seems to be a theme with me. :)

Fish
6th May 2008, 01:25 PM
I was stabbed in the heart and died. Another time I was shot in the head at point blank. Oh and a car crash at the bottom of that cliff was a rough one too.. I felt the pain of each of the incidents.. all ended in darkness and felt like I was floating. When I was shot that one time I thought to myself, "So this is death.." and remembering the feeling of peacefulness without any fear whatsoever. No fear of death in any of them actually.

I too haven't met anyone that has had dreams they've actually died in.

Alaskans
10th May 2008, 08:00 PM
I wonder how many people nowdays had childhood experiences like that Olderwiser. I'm sure it wasnt usual in the past. I wonder if we were supose to remember our life plan or if it was just meant to reinforce our subconcious memory so we would unknowingly play it out.

ahh yea being dead... would be very much like AP I would assume. I only fear death because we can do a lot more good being alive, earth is where the action is. But even that is irrational. If you accept either fate of life or death and keep up the Good effort then nothing will kill you, except our own stupidity (kissing a shark on the lips :oops: .)

RyanParis
17th May 2008, 09:18 AM
Well, after death, it's my belief that the subconscious takes over completely into a lucid dream. As for being dead, I'm sure it feels as peaceful as dreaming, except you never wake up consciously again. Your body never wakes up again. You're late for work or school? Go as a lucid/transparent ghost if you please. Or just sit back for eternity. Enjoy what the spirit realm has to offer.

After a while, though, you'll think to yourself "man, this is peaceful and great, but I need to learn more lessons sometime." So you stay there in spirit, pondering sometimes your deliberate return to a new physical body. You finally make the decision (with God I'm sure) after some eternities, and bam... you suddenly have a newly-developing conscious mind, a new baby body and your lessons on earth will be hard.

It's the body and soul evolving.

That's my opinion.

Xelap
20th June 2008, 02:59 AM
I dreamt that I died in a plane crash. I remember it so vividly. I was with my girlfriend at the time, we hit the ocean, and we both lifted out our bodies - it was peaceful and serene.

Quite a shocker when I woke up :-) Couldnt have expected it to be so ...calm.

Alaskans
20th June 2008, 06:42 PM
I dont think it would be so bad, but I think being alive is preferred. I told my friend I wouldn't mind dieing, we are so restricted; no flying, shape shifting, teleporting (for most people :) ) But the next day I experienced being a ghost (I didnt die), and I immediately knew I'd rather be alive. I've projected before, but that feeling of being 'dead' felt different. But of course, go to heaven and you probably wont want to come back.

Neil Templar
26th June 2008, 03:47 PM
this morning i "died" for the first time ever in a dream.
i knew i was dying,and it took a while to happen.
in the end i took control and allowed myself to lie down and let go of the last of my energy.
instantly i was right there,looking at my body on the floor.
i didn't feel much.i knew exactly what to expect the whole time.
i then hovered around,i think someone else died at the same time as me,but i can't for the life of me remember who it was.i had been vaguely aware of them before dying too.
we hung around and helped out the folk who were still alive - my sister and some friends.
they couldn't see me,but i could kinda communicate with them..

things get a little hazy after that - i was still with all the alive people,and kept on helping them with various things,and it seemed that they could understand me better as time went on..until it got to the point where i felt like i was no longer dead,simply interacting with them as normal..

it was a strange one.
i had the feeling when i woke up,that it had actually been three cycles of death and rebirth that i'd gone thru.
like three small dreams back to back.
in the first i was fully dead,the last,alive as ever.. :?

SP3
21st November 2008, 05:39 AM
I think being dead, would be similar to being conscious in the astral. The sensation of dying, or being killed is different.

The experience of dying, Gunshots, or stabbing is more of a painful annoying feeling, but being chopped up was worst.

Example; I was in a slaughter house, filled with people who were turning into creatures like in the movie 'the thing', or slither. In order to escape I went into the conveyor belt, which was a big mistake because machines started to strip off body parts, and I was trying to position myself to minimize the damage, but it didn't matter, and my flesh got cut or scraped off in big chunks and body parts would get dismembered. Sometimes in dreams things will happen with no pain, so it's no big deal. but this was real sensations, real pain, because I know what getting cut by an exacto knife feels like, or stepping on a nail and it going through my foot. The pain was real. After all that, I approached the exit and a voice asked me if I wanted to wake up or experience what it was like to be a helpless child being chopped up by a serial killer, so I chose the latter for the experience. I was a child running very slowly, and a huge guy with a chainsaw came after me and started to chop parts of my body off.

The experience was pain, mixed with all sorts of emotions mixed together, and although I knew I was dying, after every swing I just wanted him to leave me alone and let me die in peace, until I slipped out of consciousness. I think that is similar to most forms of dying. Absolutely Terrifying!!!

Ouroboros
21st November 2008, 05:51 AM
After all that, I approached the exit and a voice asked me if I wanted to wake up or experience what it was like to be a helpless child being chopped up by a serial killer, so I chose the latter for the experience. I was a child running very slowly, and a huge guy with a chainsaw came after me and started to chop parts of my body off.

I think your balls are bigger than mine.

Fish
21st November 2008, 02:02 PM
Wow what an insane dream man.. doubt I’d ever forget that one as long as I live! :shock:

sdbl731
23rd November 2008, 05:27 PM
I think I've had dreams in which I died, but in those dreams death is always a sort of warming, fizzling sensation and not intensely painful (like being chopped up into bits - yikes! :shock:). One time I had a dream that I was in virtual reality (hooked up to one of those sci-fi VR machines) in some medieval realm, and I kept having to restart because I was getting killed (and in this dream I had that warming, fizzling sensation when I was "killed"). I think the dream was influenced by something I had read at the time, though I can't remember what it was.

Now that I think about it, it seems to me that there was a period in which I was fascinated with the concept of VR and had numerous dreams about what the perfect VR machine would do (I don't remember specifics). This was before my friend introduced me to astral projection / OBE in middle school.

Andy

Ouroboros
24th November 2008, 05:40 AM
I've died lots in dreams, but I usually wake up immediately after. Although, I have a feeling that I may have remained asleep a few of the times and just not remembered what happened afterward.

By far, the thing that has killed me the most is nuclear explosions. I had a recurring dream that happened 3 or 4 times in one year that was exactly the same...standing outside of my home, looking up to see a jet flying overhead, it drops a nuke and then BAM.

I've also had several dreams where nuclear strikes begin happening, and I don't die right away but eventually one happens close enough to me that I can't escape.

I think the most recent occurrence of nuclear death occurred sometime this year, although I can't really remember exactly when I had the dream. Fortunately they have not been nearly as prevalent these past few years as they were in my teenage days. Dreams involving nuclear war always freak me out. =\

SP3
24th November 2008, 05:41 AM
After all that, I approached the exit and a voice asked me if I wanted to wake up or experience what it was like to be a helpless child being chopped up by a serial killer, so I chose the latter for the experience. I was a child running very slowly, and a huge guy with a chainsaw came after me and started to chop parts of my body off.

I think your balls are bigger than mine.

Well, I look at it a bit differently.

I was fully aware I was in the astral, and that it was just a temporary experience. Plus a voice was a guide who seemed to understand the extreme nature of the experience, so to me it was something spiritual, a test or detachment.

I remember hearing yogis would dream of something similar to release them to higher levels of spirituality. I saw it more as an opportunity. Now I would probably choose to be woken up, being I have already proven myself, to myself.

Ouroboros
24th November 2008, 05:45 AM
In that context I suppose I may have been more willing to experience it were I in that situation...but I still think it takes a lot of guts to say "bring it on" to something like that regardless of context. ;)

SP3
27th November 2008, 02:59 AM
I've died lots in dreams, but I usually wake up immediately after. Although, I have a feeling that I may have remained asleep a few of the times and just not remembered what happened afterward.

By far, the thing that has killed me the most is nuclear explosions. I had a recurring dream that happened 3 or 4 times in one year that was exactly the same...standing outside of my home, looking up to see a jet flying overhead, it drops a nuke and then BAM.

I've also had several dreams where nuclear strikes begin happening, and I don't die right away but eventually one happens close enough to me that I can't escape.

I think the most recent occurrence of nuclear death occurred sometime this year, although I can't really remember exactly when I had the dream. Fortunately they have not been nearly as prevalent these past few years as they were in my teenage days. Dreams involving nuclear war always freak me out. =\

Lets hope that it isn't a psychic dream :roll:

rebecca432
9th March 2009, 03:17 AM
I saw myself die before. The dream starts with me dancing with a man. We're dressed very old fashioned, and doing some type of ballroom dance. Next thing I know we're outside on a street corner, it's nighttime. He grabs me from behind and chokes me, then cuts my head off. Then I'm standing over my body, looking down at it. I felt an incredible sense of peace. I was happy to know that death isn't final, that your spirit lives on. I was happy the entire day after that! :D

natalie-1984
28th November 2010, 06:58 AM
I have lots of dreams about an astroid about to hit earth. It's all over the news and everyone knows about it, a date and time is given for when it is supose to impact. Everyone is quiet and in their own thoughts for a few days anticipating their death. We all know that this astroid will wipe out the entire planet and there will be no survivors. Some people choose to still go to work. I spend my entire time with my children inside our house. Sometimes in these dreams the countdown will begin and I will go outside and see this huge shadow cover the sun, then it hits and I wake up. My most recent dream of this was that they announced on the news the exact date and time of the collision, I think december 12 2010 at 9 am. And so I was standing outside waiting for it to hit, my heart pounding and all my final thoughts going through my head, and then I hear the news on the tv say " we estimated the date of the impact incorrectly, it's actualy TOMORROW at 9 am." I was relieved but kind of mad! I had to build up all that fear again!

I have had a few dreams about dying, one I talked about already that happened when I was pregnant and I was executed by lethal injection. I think the most recent one I had was a few weeks ago, nothing led up to my death it seemed to happen right after I fell asleep. Everything went black and quiet, I felt very calm and aware of what this was. Then I saw a speck of light that grew larger, the larger it grew the more shallow my breath became. When it got so big I was engulfed in it I wasn't breathing anymore. I didn't feel like I had a body this whole time, I just felt like an awareness or a point of consciouseness. But this happened pretty fast, like maybe 10 seconds. Then I woke up because it wasn't real....as far as I can tell right now :wink: .