PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Cayce, Christianity and Kundalini

alwayson4
7th March 2007, 04:32 AM
Hi,

Have you heard of the book called "Edgar Cayce on the Revelation" by John Van Auken?

The basic premise of this book is that the Book of Revelation is the result of the apostle John raising Kundalini in its ultimate form. It is an extrememly interesting book.

CFTraveler
7th March 2007, 02:25 PM
So what's your opinion on this?

alwayson4
7th March 2007, 04:05 PM
Well it is a VERY interesting book.

There is even one chapter in the book that goes into a very detailed insturction for meditation based on using the Lord's Prayer to stimulate the chakras. Apparently there are words in the Lord's Prayer (christians should be familiar with this) that are ties to the 7 chakras and there is a procedure for using the Lord's Prayer to meditate and raise Kundalini. And the author says that this practice goes back to Christ.

The Book of Revelation is thus a desciption of the 7 chakras (recall the Book of revelation talks about 7 churches etc.) and the defeat of the ego (the fall of the city in the Book of Revelation)

All of this surprised me, because I only got the book because I am a Edgar Cayce fan.

star
7th March 2007, 04:17 PM
Thats interesting, I guess there is a relation to different systems. Although I prefer the Ram,Vam,Kham. (also) Lang..

CFTraveler
7th March 2007, 07:48 PM
Well it is a VERY interesting book.

There is even one chapter in the book that goes into a very detailed insturction for meditation based on using the Lord's Prayer to stimulate the chakras. Apparently there are words in the Lord's Prayer (christians should be familiar with this) that are ties to the 7 chakras and there is a procedure for using the Lord's Prayer to meditate and raise Kundalini. And the author says that this practice goes back to Christ.

The Book of Revelation is thus a desciption of the 7 chakras (recall the Book of revelation talks about 7 churches etc.) and the defeat of the ego (the fall of the city in the Book of Revelation)

All of this surprised me, because I only got the book because I am a Edgar Cayce fan. Although I'm not sure I read the book, I did read a book about this very subject. (I read a lot.) I also read that a lot of the symbology in revelation is described in astrological symbols, which clarifies a lot of it. I'm not sure about the Lord's Prayer, although the original form (I believe it was called Hadash or something like that) predates Jesus, and a lot of scripture is based on mystical understanding of the way the world works.
If you want a good idea of what the original words in the Lord's Prayer meant (all it's possible meanings, in the various forms it was written) I suggest reading "Setting a Trap for God" by Rocco Errico. A must read for any christian mystic out there.

alwayson4
7th March 2007, 08:11 PM
CFTraveler, if you can hook me up with more info on the history of the Lord's Prayer I would appreciate it....I will spend some time on google myself lol

Tom
7th March 2007, 08:35 PM
The biggest problem I have with this Lord's Prayer thing is that I've read that the Aramaic version means something very different than the one being circulated now. The first thing I would want if this was something I were to choose to investigate is a better translation.

star
7th March 2007, 08:42 PM
Thats sorta a bummer.

Tom
7th March 2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.spiritheart.org/chapel/lordpryr.htm

and

http://www.thenazareneway.com/lords_prayer.htm

Does this help make it less of a bummer? Several versions for you to choose from.

CFTraveler
7th March 2007, 09:33 PM
Exactly. That's why I recommended the book I did. In it, Errico (which btw, and if I remember corectly, has collaborated with Lamsa in many projects) presents the different versions, in all the languages it's translated to.
I read through the second link (had read it before), for example, and it mentions the eschatological meaning of "Kingdom". In "Setting", for example, he mentions that the word for Kingdom is the same as "Divine Counsel", so the meaning doesn't have to be eschatological, it can be of the present use, and it goes through its evolution.
For those interested in it it's fascinating reading.
BTW, of the links Tom posted, I like the second one better (my own personal preference, of course.)

alwayson4
8th March 2007, 03:50 AM
well the book "Edgar Cayce on the Revelation" contains a very specific version of the Lord's Prayer that is recommended to be used.

Here it is:

Our Father who art in
Heaven
hallowed be Thy name

Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done;
on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily
bread;
Forgive us our debts
as we forgive our debtors.

Lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil;
For Thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory forever.

some quotes from the book:

"One of the most fascinating concepts Cayce explained was that Jesus taught His disciples how to use His prayer for meditation, identifying key words in the prayer for each spiritual center." (chakra)

journyman161
8th March 2007, 04:27 AM
Looks just like the version that is taught to children - I think I prefer those on the sites quoted.

So do we get any clues as to which bits refer to which chakras? One of the problems of course, is that any version of the LP given by Jesus or any of the old testament types would not be in English & so any correspondence with energy centres would be in trouble the moment it gets translated.

Now if you could show the correspondence in the original language...?

alwayson4
8th March 2007, 05:13 AM
yes the book goes into a lot more detail than what I have posted, and correlates certain words in the prayer to specific chakras

If I recall correctly, the word "glory" is the third eye chakra for example....

I agree with the translation issue, however Cayce correlated the chakras with the ENGLISH version of the Lord's Prayer.

As far as I know, in general, I would say use whatever version you feel is right for you in whatever language. The deeper meaning is more important.

journyman161
8th March 2007, 05:23 AM
Ah well, you see there's a problem with that... *grins* I'd be rather hypocritical to use any of them. If ever I meet Him, I'll stick out my hand & say, 'G'day... let's talk about the errors you made...' :lol:

19th March 2007, 01:19 AM
A really good book on the Lord's Prayer and the Chakras is:

UNIVERSAL AND KABBALISTIC MEDITATION ON THE LORD'S PRAYER

The following is a description of the book from http://www.brassunicorn.com

Grand Master Choa Kok Sui reveals the secrets on tapping the power of the Kabbalah's Tree of Life and the "Lord's Prayer". Unknown to the masses, they actually contain the blueprint for rapid spiritual development!

Discover the ancient secret relationship of the Kabbalah's Tree of Life and Jesus' "Lord's Prayer".
Learn the correspondence of the 11 Major Chakras with 11 Sephiroth of the Tree of Life.
Experience the "Lord's Prayer" in the form of a powerful meditation to rapidly purify the aura and the chakras.
The Lord's Prayer is actually an ancient technique of Kundalini Yoga. Learn how to substantially stimulate the chakras and safely awarken the Sleeping Kundalini Shakti.
Learn the special energies residing in each Sephira.
Use the Tree of Life to effortlessly transmute sexual energy into Spiritual Bliss!

ButterflyWoman
29th March 2011, 07:27 AM
Hah. I came to this thread via Google, while searching for links on the topic of Kundalini from a Christian viewpoint. I had previously looked into this topic, but not for a long time. Lately, the topic of Kundalini Awakening is all over my conscious awareness (most likely because I'm in a "cleaning up the loose ends" stage and coming to terms with what happened to me is part of that).

Anyway, here are a few links related to Christianity and Kundalini, though not Edgar Cayce. Since the thread came up on a Google search, I figured it was appropriate. Note that I don't necessarily "endorse" any of these links (though I do recommend the book). I just found them interesting and thought I'd share them.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/compara ... ystics.htm (http://www.meditationexpert.com/comparative-religion/c_kundalini_experiences_of_christian_mystics.htm)

http://www.innerexplorations.com/ewtext/ke.htm

http://shalomplace.com/books/kundalini.html (That's a book on the topic; I've read the book and found it to be extremely well written and interesting)

http://shalomplace.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/ ... =forum&f=4 (http://shalomplace.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/shalomplace/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=4) (Discussion board, run by the author of the book linked above; board seems a little slow, but still has content worth reading)

http://www.freewebs.com/missinglink/

http://www.sol.com.au/kor/8_01.htm

There are also a lot of "Kundalini is bad and not Christian" type links/information out there. I'm not including them. It is my interpretation and experience, and having come from a Mainstream Protestant background, that the energy known in the Vedic traditions as Kundalini is known in other traditions, just by a different name and with a different framework. The energy, itself, is independent of culture, religion, dogma, etc. I managed to awaken Kundalini (and thus begin a complete transformation) with simple prayer, inexpertly executed, so...

Yes, I know this is somewhat off the topic (i.e., Cayce) and since this thread DID come up via Google search and it's several years old, anyway, well. There it is. Take for what it's worth.

Tutor
29th March 2011, 11:34 AM
looks like you've covered it well. :D

interesting thread too. CFT nailed 'kingdom' as 'divine counsel', more at 'immovable divine order/plan', the law. good stuff

Enochian
29th March 2011, 09:51 PM
Hi all

I think it is pointless to try to cram topics like OBE and kundalini into christianity. Christianity simply does not address these topics.

If you NEED to have an established system that describes this stuff the best it would be Vajrayana, but even that has some flaws.

heliac
30th March 2011, 12:08 AM
I love looking at how esoteric spiritual phenomenon crosses culture and how the different cultures interpret the same phenomenon.
I really appreciate you posting the links Caterpillar Woman it's all very fascinating to me.

One thing i noticed recently regarding Christianity and OOBEs is that sometimes i will see a scattering of colors in my mindspace while in trance and as i was walking by a church the other day i saw a stained glass window that resembled the same type of phenomenon. Kind of like this:
http://personalweb.donet.com/~paulrace/trains/resource/stained_glass1.jpg

Not really kundalini related i guess but pretty cool all the same!

Tutor
30th March 2011, 12:09 AM
recanted... :?

ButterflyWoman
30th March 2011, 04:32 AM
I love looking at how esoteric spiritual phenomenon crosses culture and how the different cultures interpret the same phenomenon.
Yes, me too. :)

I think it is pointless to try to cram topics like OBE and kundalini into christianity. Christianity simply does not address these topics.
In fact, it does, just not by the same terms and certainly not within the same framework. That was kind of the point of those links, which you apparently didn't explore or read and yet still felt qualified to comment on.

And, more to the point, Kundalini (by whatever name it's going) is independent of religion, culture, language, and framework. It happens to people of any and all backgrounds, and many of them, quite reasonably, use their own familiar culture, religion, language, and framework to understand it and interpret it.

Robert Bruce has written, "Kundalini is an energy seed that exists in everyone, regardless of race or tradition or belief," and I certainly agree with that, and that's kind of the point of the links I gave.

The links are primarily from/about people with a Christian background (many of them continuing to identify as Christian) who have experienced Kundalini awakening and done the research into their own tradition in order to find out what's in the available history and literature regarding the phenomenon.