PDA

View Full Version : Necessity of deep physical relaxation,and other questions

pyro
11th March 2007, 06:41 AM
Hi,I like your books,Astral Dynamics was a good read. I really look forward to Romancing the Eye if you ever write it.

I was wondering,if a projectable double is generated and extruded every time we go to sleep,and we can sleep with abit of physical tension,why is deep physical relaxation necessary for astral projection? Doesn't this suggest that deep physical relaxation is unnecessary for projection? Is the normal sleep generated double improper for projection?

I could probably come up with several arguments for or against the necessity of deep physical relaxation,so figured I'd just ask an expert. :D

This next question may be personal,so feel free to ignore it.
The Priest and the Curse experience in chapter 33 of Astral Dynamics-How'd that work out? Did you get that curse "lifted" yet,so to speak?

I'm probably being a nosy bastard now. :lol: Sorry if I am though,just curious.

Robert Bruce
28th April 2008, 10:19 PM
G'day,

Good questions....

Deep physical relaxation is required to induce an OBE while your mind is still in the awake conscious state.

When you fall asleep, yes, you have a type of OBE every time. Everyone does. Including cats and dogs, and possibly all life forms.

When you fall asleep, your mind falls asleep too. Watch yourself as you fall asleep. Your thoughts wind down, your breathing slows and deepens, soon your thoughts become disjointed and nonsensical, and then you black out. This process, sleep, takes your awake conscious mind out of the equation.

When you are very tired, even if you have tension and pain in your physical body, you will still fall asleep.

However, to induce an awake conscious OBE is another matter. You hold your mind awake and let your body fall asleep... called 'the mind awake + body asleep' state. This throws a large spanner into the workings of a natural mechanism, sleep.

To overcome this big spanner, it is necessary to attain a state of deep physical and mental relaxation.

There are exceptions to the above, but they generally involve things like concussion and drugs, and near death experience, that can precipitate OBE during the awake state.

As for the Priest and the Curse saga, I have discovered part of the story and broken the attachment. I am still looking for more answers and will give the full story in time. It is quite a saga.....

Take care, Robert