PDA

View Full Version : My first lucid dream

Rain, iF
11th March 2007, 06:48 PM
I thought I'd share with you all what I went through during my first lucid dream. Random I know lol but maybe you guys can give me pointers. here's the dream. I write them all in present tence by the way. You should too if you're trying to get better at dream recall.
---------------------------------------------------------
We are in what I believe to be DC and I don't know who all of us is. Perhaps it is all the Chamblees. I think so, yes. I get the feeling. Something about being on a yellow school bus driving on the wrong side of the road. I am thinking, "watch out you crazy bus driver!" Are we going to die? I get off the bus. Suddenly, Aunt Sandy, Karlyn and I are driving in a blue car that appears to be toyota. Aunt sandy is talking about where I'm going to school now and I have to explain to her that I am in my weird situation with rockford and rock valley, but I'm looking at juliard.

I am not lucid yet, but I feel like I know that I'm dreaming somehow. Karlyn is in the front seat, I am in the back right. I get out of the car and I thought they wre driving away, but finally Karlyn gets out too. We are walking down what I know to be 32nd street NW, but it looks different, and it' summer. We walk through what physically looks like the Lansing mall, but it really is something else...some how I know it's not the lansing mall, but I'm not sure what. We see Jessie our cousin sulking and looking like a zombie, wearing a small Michigan State shirt and grey shorts with no shoes. She looks like a zombie or something. Like not an actual zombie, she's just walking like one. It's funny.

Anyway she walks in to join who I think is Michayla and Allan and someone else that I can't see. Karlyn and I are suddenly in Philly at grandmas house and Karlyn becomes Aaron Olson. We are coming down the main stairs (red stairs) and we know Michal must be in the room, or nearby, because Donkey Kong for Super Nintendo is on pause. Aaron says "OooO" in the same way he always does when he sees something he likes. That's kinda...annoying I won't lie. I grab a controller and there is some V8 splash next to me on the table. I see my hands. Then I stop for a second. I realize now that I am lucid because I programmed myself while in my hypnagogic state when I meditated before sleeping, to know that I was dreaming if I saw my hands.

Well I see my hands so I know that I am dreaming. It's weird because I think I knew I was dreaming this whole time, but I don't know, you know? So I test to make sure I am lucid dreaming, by walking over to the calander on the wall above the radiator. Normally there is no calender there, normally it's a window, but my dream is changing it I guess. I see an article on this calender and I try to read it. I was able to read the word "Names" and the number 19 I think, but I already forgot. I won't bother trying to read again, because I know it would be different. I only read it in passing anyway. Ok so now I'm lucid dreaming. This is fun. I can see really well! Everything is so clear. I haven't done this since I was about 5 and even so this is the first time I've done it on purpose...First I'll make everyone disapear so I am not distracted. Oops I just faded out for a second but I'm back. It's a very wavy like dream. It's requiring a lot of concentration for me to stay in it. This is hard. Maybe I'll try flying. Aw. Why can't I fly? I know I can't possibly be in Philly, because I know I'm asleep in Rockford. Ok i'll try going through something now. Alright I made it through the table! It's hard to tell if I really did though, because I phased out in the middle of my attempt. Oh I'm losing it...I suddenly have an urge to say the word "static" alloud so I do. I hear miles davis... "Kind of Blue"...I hear Coltranes Tenor sax...it's "Flamenco Sketches" - one of my favorite songs I think I heard some of it throughout my dream. My dad is playing it upstairs. I am no longer dreaming. What a wonderful thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what I wrote in my dream journal. Anyone have any tips on how to STAY lucid? It's a lot harder than I thought. I was fading in and out of lucidity. I always forget to do things in my dreams. I often forget to say "lucidity NOW!" or I often forget my triggers to go into a lucid dream. I usually try to use the "seeing your own hands" technique. Anytime you see your hands, check if you are dreaming.

Beekeeper
11th March 2007, 09:08 PM
Jared, your progress is rapid!

Eventually, you do remember to do more of the things you want to in LDs (but then you forget other things :?).

For staying lucid, you can try spinning or touching something pricky in your dream.

Keep having fun! :D