PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreams to Astral Projection?

Rain, iF
12th March 2007, 03:00 AM
I think I know how to lucid dream, and I was able to last night. I heard that it is possible to make an astral projection out of a lucid dream. It's funny because many things I've heard about being in the astral were true of my lucid dream. I couldn't see my hands clearly, but I could see everything else in like supervision pretty much. I couldn't reallly read, but I also couldn't fly. So out of a lucid dream how do I take myself to the astral or rtz?

tony18
15th March 2007, 10:08 AM
belive.. that you can fly then fly

Beekeeper
15th March 2007, 10:35 AM
A lucid dream shares many similarities with an OBE, even though the dimensional gate passed through to achieve lucid dreaming can be thought of as internal. While this does not work with everyone, lucid dreams can sometimes be converted into real-time OBEs by feeling for the physical body and trying to return to it or near it.....
There is more than one way to convert a lucid dream into an out-of-body experience. Traditionally, it has been a three-step process.

Step 1: Become lucid in a dream
Step 2: Return to your body without waking too fully
Step 3: Employ and OBE exit technique.

.... One way to return to your body is to command your subconscious mind to do this for you. Make the command "Home, now! or "Take me to my body! or similar.... The next step is to employ an exit technique. This can be as simple as imagining yourself floating up and out of your body.

Robert Bruce & Brian Mercer, Mastering Astral Projection 90 Day Guide to OBE ,pp 82-84

Benares
21st August 2007, 04:54 AM
On a dangerous note, I've heard that if you can identify the "foreign" object in your dream and put your awareness to it, it will become the inorganic being that it actually is. Be warned, this is an inorganic being that has been tricking you to dream about it to gather your energy.

I read about a sorcerer who was using an inorganic being to achieve AP. He asked two of his companions to join him one night, asking the inorganic being to displace their assemblage points so that they could astrally project. However, after returning, he found that neither of them existed anymore in the physical realm. They did return, however, after a long period that made them to be described as "weird", even in sorcerer terms.

The point of this story is that you don't need an inorganic being to do it, but it's possible for them to put pressure on your astral body during a lucid dream. I've also heard cases where people did not even incite the being, that it instead forced them to project due to it's own motives.

CFTraveler
21st August 2007, 12:52 PM
On a dangerous note, I've heard that if you can identify the "foreign" object in your dream and put your awareness to it, it will become the inorganic being that it actually is. Be warned, this is an inorganic being that has been tricking you to dream about it to gather your energy.

I read about a sorcerer who was using an inorganic being to achieve AP. He asked two of his companions to join him one night, asking the inorganic being to displace their assemblage points so that they could astrally project. However, after returning, he found that neither of them existed anymore in the physical realm. They did return, however, after a long period that made them to be described as "weird", even in sorcerer terms.

The point of this story is that you don't need an inorganic being to do it, but it's possible for them to put pressure on your astral body during a lucid dream. I've also heard cases where people did not even incite the being, that it instead forced them to project due to it's own motives. Forgive me for asking, but I didn't see any mention of this technique in the above posts. Or were you recommending it?

sleeper
6th December 2007, 03:10 AM
Rain, follow beekeepers steps, to a T. My first OBE (accidental, btw) was during a lucid dream. I was young and learning to Lucid dream, and eating ice cream like usual (in my lucid dream).

let me tell you where i went wrong that night.

I saw my family in my lucid dream, and began freaking out. "Were they real?" "were they in my mind?" "was i in another dimension?" "where is my body?" fear took over and i was yanked back into my body, paralyzed (because of the trance i was in), mixed with sharp "tingles" (because of how my chakras were activated).

I didn't know what to expect, my fear messed up the fun. the way you can be prepared is to know what to expect. If i had left my body in a conventional way, i would have felt the numbness and the tingles before i left, and on the way back, would have expected them. Also, follow Robert Bruce's advice and "keep it short." return to your body right away, and you'll feel great about your experience.

also, don't let benares scare you. I guarantee that nothing harmful will happen to you if you project.

p.s.-don't tell benares i said this, but the two companions in his story...they probably disappeared because they thought the sorcerer was weird.