PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of Your Awakening Divinity

lightworker
12th March 2007, 09:06 AM
Hey guys it pretty cool what I found on this site http://www.crimsoncircle.com

See if you have the symptoms of Awakening. :shock:
Don't know if anyone shared this yet but here it is.

It is the "Twelve Signs of Your Awakening Divinity" by Tobias chanelled thru Geoffrey Hoppe

By Geoffrey Hoppe and Tobias

1. Body aches and pains, especially in the neck, shoulder and back. This is the result of intense changes at your DNA level as the "Christ seed" awakens within. This too shall pass.

2. Feeling of deep inner sadness for no apparent reason. You are releasing your past (this lifetime and others) and this causes the feeling of sadness. This is similar to the experience of moving from a house where you lived in for many, many years into a new house. As much as you want to move into the new house, there is a sadness of leaving behind the memories, energy and experiences of the old house. This too shall pass.

3. Crying for no apparent reason. Similar to #2 above. It's good and healthy to let the tears flow. It helps to release the old energy within. This too shall pass.

4. Sudden change in job or career. A very common symptom. As you change, things around you will change as well. Don't worry about finding the "perfect" job or career right now. This too shall pass. You're in transition and you may make several job changes before you settle into one that fits your passion.

5.Withdrawal from family relationships. You are connected to your biological family via old karma. When you get off the karmic cycle, the bonds of the old relationships are released. It will appear as though you are drifting away from your family and friends. This too shall pass. After a period of time, you may develop a new relationship with them if it is appropriate. However, the relationship will be based in the new energy without the karmic attachments.

6. Unusual sleep patterns. It's likely that you'll awaken many nights between 2:00 and 4:00 AM. There's a lot of work going on within you, and it often causes you to wake up for a "breather." Not to worry. If you can't go back to sleep, get up and do something rather than lay in bed and worry about humanly things. This too shall pass.

7. Intense dreams. These might include war and battle dreams, chase dreams or monster dreams. You are literally releasing the old energy within, and these energies of the past are often symbolized as wars, running to escape and boogiemen. This too shall pass.

8. Physical disorientation. At times you'll feel very ungrounded. You'll be "spatially challenged" with the feeling like you can't put two feet on the ground, or that you're walking between two worlds. As your consciousness transitions into the new energy, you body sometimes lags behind. Spend more time in nature to help ground the new energy within. This too shall pass.

9.Increased "self talk." You'll find yourself talking to your Self more often. You'll suddenly realize you've been chattering away with yourself for the past 30 minutes. There is a new level of communication taking place within your being, and you're experiencing the tip of the iceberg with the self talk. The conversations will increase, and they will become more fluid, more coherent and more insightful. You're not going crazy, you're just Shaumbra moving into the new energy.

10. Feelings of loneliness, even when in the company of others. You may feel alone and removed from others. You may feel the desire to "flee" groups and crowds. As Shaumbra, you are walking a sacred and lonely path. As much as the feelings of loneliness cause you anxiety, it is difficult to relate to others at this time. The feelings of loneliness are also associated with the fact that your Guides have departed. They have been with you on all of your journeys in all of your lifetimes. It was time for them to back away so you could fill your space with your own divinity. This too shall pass. The void within will be filled with the love and energy of your own Christ consciousness.

11. Loss of passion. You may feel totally disimpassioned, with little or no desire to do anything. That's OK, and it's just part of the process. Take this time to "do no-thing." Don't fight yourself on this, because this too shall pass. It's similar to rebooting a computer. You need to shut down for a brief period of time in order to load the sophisticated new software, or in this case, the new Christ-seed energy.

12. A deep longing to go Home. This is perhaps the most difficult and challenging of any of the conditions. You may experience a deep and overwhelming desire to leave the planet and return to Home. This is not a "suicidal" feeling. It is not based in anger or frustration. You don't want to make a big deal of it or cause drama for yourself or other. There is a quiet part of you that wants to go Home. The root cause for this is quite simple. You have completed your karmic cycles. You have completed your contract for this lifetime. You are ready to begin a new lifetime while still in this physical body. During this transition process, you have an inner remembrance of what it is like to be on the other side. Are you ready to enlist for another tour of duty here on Earth? Are you ready to take on the challenges of moving into the New Energy? Yes, indeed you could go Home right now. But you've come this far, and after many, many lifetimes it would be a shame to leave before the end of the movie. Besides, Spirit needs you here to help others transition into the new energy. They will need a human guide, just like you, who has taken the journey from the old energy into the new. The path you're walking right now provides the experiences to enable you to become a Teacher of the New Divine Human. As lonely and dark as your journey can be at times, remember that you are never alone.

------------
ok, i don't have all of the symptoms but I'm pretty sure I have symptom no. 6, 8, 9, 11 at present.

How about you guys? Maybe this will help the people who are wondering if they will ever awaken.
:D

Well guys, share it to anyone. :D

journyman161
12th March 2007, 09:29 AM
Hmm... Am I an Awakening Divinity or a complete nutter... Wondering, wondering... :lol: :lol:

star
12th March 2007, 11:09 AM
If your anything like me your just sore from falling off your bicycle.

Tempestinateapot
17th March 2007, 04:53 AM
:shock: Can you say 1 through 12? Reads like a chapter out of a thread of mine. I don't relate to the DNA or Christ Consciousness stuff, though. The neck pain, etc, yeh. But, I hear these claims about DNA all the time, and I haven't seen anyone stepping up to have their DNA analyzed. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just that some scientific proof would be nice when claims of that magnitude are being made.

I can't relate to the Christ Consciousness stuff, either. Not because of what he had to say, but because I don't like to put a label on any kind of spiritual awareness development. Kind of limits it to think that Christ was the first and possibly last to have that kind of awareness. He just happened at a time that made it possible for a religion to grow around his beliefs and teachings, while we aren't even absolutely sure that he said the things that have been attributed to him. It also turns off the Muslims, Hinduists, Buddhists, not to mention hundreds of other beliefs and religions around the world. It's a very western thing to say, which IMO makes it a geographical truth rather than an absolute truth.

But, overall, the quoted section makes a lot of sense. It doesn't make awakening appear to be a very pleasant thing, so throwing in the "this too shall pass" perks it up. Not so much when you're in the middle of it, though. But, when you reach that point, it seems to be an imperative and not something that you can stop. At least from my experience and those I've talked to who have experienced the same thing. In the end, though, I would give it a 4 thumbs up. *2 physical, 2 astral...my new joke*

CFTraveler
17th March 2007, 05:04 PM
Tempest said:
I can't relate to the Christ Consciousness stuff, either. Not because of what he had to say, but because I don't like to put a label on any kind of spiritual awareness development. Kind of limits it to think that Christ was the first and possibly last to have that kind of awareness. He just happened at a time that made it possible for a religion to grow around his beliefs and teachings, while we aren't even absolutely sure that he said the things that have been attributed to him. It also turns off the Muslims, Hinduists, Buddhists, not to mention hundreds of other beliefs and religions around the world. It's a very western thing to say, which IMO makes it a geographical truth rather than an absolute truth. But realize that the Hindus call this the 'Krishna consciousness'- some consider that the consciousness of divinity, others the specific consciousness of the being they worship as Krishna. You can consider the words 'Christ consciousness' as words describing just that- the consciousness of divinity within humanity. If the stories about Jesus are true, it can be said that he had this consciousness, but not necessarily exclusively, it just became manifest in him in an obvious way- the consciousness of God manifest in human form. We say "Christ" because that is the title given to Jesus, but it is or should be a title given to any western person who has realized they are a divine manifestation. Just the same way a buddhist would call you boddhissatva, or a Hindu would call it 'Krishna consciousness'. It is just from a Christocentric western point of view, the language we have inherited from our background.
You could say 'Divine consciousness' and it would mean the same thing.

And yes, I am aware that "Christ" in greek means "anointed", which in Israel meant the one who is king. Once again, a title, that meant one thing at the time, and has evolved to mean something a little more universal.

faerylight
17th March 2007, 05:11 PM
I've seen that list before too and can relate to it very much. :)

Tempestinateapot
17th March 2007, 05:33 PM
Well, Divine Consciousness is a lot more palatable. Not just to me, but to anyone else who doesn't like labels on their spirituality. How many westerners would be willing to read something I entitled "Krishna Consciousness"? That would get about 10 viewings.

star
17th March 2007, 06:20 PM
I wonder about the neck. I was intaking energy from this guy, Günther, and my neck just started to ache so severly.

I do think it was the light body thing, but I also just learned how to put in (ü)

Blue Mage
25th March 2007, 01:33 AM
1. No aches or pains for me.

2. Not much deep inner sadness to report... I guess I've felt that way at times but who doesn't?

3. When I first started doing "mystical exercises" of various traditions for a while I found myself crying every night while driving home from work. Typically I cry... never. It felt kind of good though, it felt cleansing.

4. Sudden change in job or career: For a while I really wanted to switch careers... I'd dread waking up in the morning. These days I'm happy at my job though. As I've "developed" I've decided that career isn't that important to me, I've realized I can just be happy doing anything. Now, I feel like, what's the hurry to accomplish much in life? I have faith that I don't have to do everything in this lifetime, the important part is to live in the moment and enjoy it.

5. Withdrawal from family relationships: I'm extremely cut off from my family as I've moved away and become an adult. I just feel like I can't relate to them, and that we are connected anyway, even if we don't talk on the phone much. Like one time I had this weird, confusing, OBE-like experience, all I remember is talking to one of my siblings kind of like "hey, look what I'm doing!" It makes suspect that we are connected and communicate on a non-mundane level. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, I know how important connecting with family here on the mundane plane is to most people.

6. Unusual sleep patterns: Doesn't everyone wake up between 2:00 and 4:00 anyway? Except they don't remember it. Doesn't happen to me particularly often.

7. Intense dreams: Yeah, I used dream every night about doing battle. Sometimes its against the "shadows", sometimes the "aliens". UFOs floating around menacingly. One time I had a dream I was collecting these colorful birds, and they were supposed to be for the battle against "the shadows". These days I tend turn dreams like those around though, I refuse to fight, I refuse to be afraid. I ask the aliens or monsters what they want, what they symbolize, and then they turn into something else, or I wake up. These days my dreams are just kind of dull.

8.Physical disorientation: Yeah, sometimes I feel so separate from reality. I feel like I can see how its all just an illusion, even to the point of being able to ignore pain or hot or cold. Especially at night, everything is kind of staticky and the past seems like something that happened to someone else.

9. Increased self-talk: I don't know, I've always been one to have a lot of chattering going on in my head.

10. Feelings of loneliness, even when in the company of others: How about especially in the company of others? I've always been that way. As I've "developed" though I've just become more satisfied being alone. Before I went on a cycle of trying to relate to others, eventually realizing that I'm failing miserabley, deciding to not try anymore, getting lonely, then trying to find a crowd again. It means guides have departed? That might explain why I can never percieve any, not sure I believe that though. Anyway, these days, it seems like everyone around me is bogged down with attachments and lessons I've already learned. I don't want to be near many people because I feel like they just drag me down. I like my "boring", drama-free life. Sorry if that sounds conceited, but that's how I see it.

11. Loss of passion: I never really had much passion. It always pissed my mother off to no end that I never got upset over anything, I was so patient and laid-back, I'd do my chores slowly, never complain, etc. During the summers between school years I could just sit around and do nothing all day. In high school and college for a while I was kind of gung-ho about getting good grades, getting into a good college, becoming an accomplished scientist or something, but now, like I said, I really don't care about my career. Now, more recently I just find myself being filled with passion again, but it's different. Sometimes I just get this "I love everything!" feeling. I'll watch some insipid television show and think, wow, that was so great in its own way! These days I have passion for creativity in all of its forms, even the things people don't usually consider art.

12. A deep longing to go home: Story of my life. One of earliest memories is of being a little kid and just feeling like life is a drag... I just want to get it over with so I can go "home". Eating, waking up in the morning, bathing, it all seems so not-how-its-supposed-to-be, too restrictive. After childhood my life is good, now that I'm an independant adult I don't have to put up with dysfunctional family members' crap, I'm free and can do whatever I want. I still look forward to going "home" though.

Ha, I can feel the skeptics reading this and classifying it all as mental illness though. I must admit I'm a little skeptical myself. I've read a lot about prodromal (developing) schizophrenia, schizotypy, and thought, wow, does that describe me! But I realize now how misguided psychiatry can be, so I doubt that will ever happen, I find myself too sane for my own good most of the time.

David Mustardseed
26th March 2007, 01:02 PM
This is hillarious. I have all 12 but my friends I would venture to claim that ............so has everyone over 50, it is just the feelings that one tends to have as one gets older thats all.

They should add. these

13 A feeling that you nolonger have somuch energy and that your sexlife is not so wild and wolly, You long for the closer intimate oneness with the universe instead. :P

14 Loss of eyesight. As you get closer to the spiritual and as enlightenment start to engulf you, you become more aware of the spiritual. This will cause your eyes to become weaker and you will need glasses.

15 weight gain. As you start to become more aware of the real inner beauty of each individual being on your path, you loose your desire to pretend. You nolonger see the need to work out diet et and a considerable weightgain will result, its all just a stone on the path soon you will look like Budda.

just a few you can I am sure come up with a few more

Regards Mustardseed

feileacan
26th March 2007, 01:29 PM
all symptoms yes, but this is a short list, there are way many symptoms.
in my research i also found that a lot of symptoms dont go for everyone and that a kundalini awakening is so different for everyone.

love and light,
feileacan

CFTraveler
26th March 2007, 04:08 PM
D.M. wrote:
15 weight gain. As you start to become more aware of the real inner beauty of each individual being on your path, you loose your desire to pretend. You nolonger see the need to work out diet et and a considerable weightgain will result, its all just a stone on the path soon you will look like Budda. So that's what happened to me! Now I can feel good about it. Fat and happy.

feileacan
26th March 2007, 06:46 PM
thats one symptom that works opposite for me, i know a lot of us gain weight, i am one that looses weight.
so much that i even became underweight, i have to eat all day to stay on my normal weight.

love and light,
feileacan

star
26th March 2007, 06:48 PM
You know, if eye sight is a problem you should look into Reiki.

I was able to slightly correct my friends vision when the impulse struck us to try it.

If just a few minutes where two goofs are trying to heal at random would work. I think a serious study and practice would help your "Getting older" woes.

David Mustardseed
26th March 2007, 10:56 PM
This is even more hillarious. Could it be that every poster on the board is below 50, and simply do not get the joke :D

Come on guys ......it was a JOKE. The points mentioned in the thread subject, will ALL happen as you grow older, the only problem is that you have to be older to know that lol.

Regards David

Tempestinateapot
26th March 2007, 11:38 PM
Actually, David, I'm over 50 and don't see a lot of those things happening with my friends around the same age. It reads to me like a list of something anyone could go through if they were having either a life crisis or a spiritual crisis. If you've been through it, you would understand. I got your jokes, and thought they were really funny. But the original post was not intended as a joke. Lightworker thought it was interesting.

The jokes are fine, but "hilarious" could be interpreted by some as an insult of their intelligence.

This reminds me of the Indigo thing. Some people can totally relate to it. I'm a bit skeptical myself, but some of the lists that describe characteristics of an Indigo, I average about 100%. When something pops out at you as an Aha! is very different from thinking, "Hmmm...that kind of sometimes describes a little bit of how I sometimes am." It's irrelevant to me if I'm an Indigo or not, or whether there really is such a phenomenom. But, some people really relate, and if it makes sense to them, why would you feel the need to yell, "hilarious"?

Besides, if we're going to be funny here and possibly insult people's intelligence, you might want to look up the spelling of "hilarious". :D Now that's really funny. *just a joke* :twisted:

lightworker
28th March 2007, 01:37 PM
As one grows older the consciousness of an individual also naturally is raised so yeah normally old people feel it when they are old.

But if one starts at consciousness raising an early age, it can be felt pretty early too. :D

All souls go through it! :D

hasalameth
5th April 2007, 11:02 PM
Wow, again a post here has blown me away.

I believe I had a very strong awakening when I was around 17 years old. My goodness. After that it was kinda too much so I went into some kind of defensive semi-depression. I almost literally slept for an entire week. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I rarely spoke at all, rarely ate and stuff. We had me checked and it turned out that I'm no looney, just that there had been too much stuff happening. Then my awakening came on again, but in a milder sense this time, and it tends to jump on me in cycles, usually during springtime.

The Physical awakening
(no big deal here) Puberty ;) You can get horny and your hormones and / or paranormal skills are tearing the world apart.

The 1st Awakening
I agree, the list is pretty short, and I think awakening is very different from person to person, and I also believe you can go through several awakenings, one where you all of a sudden remember all your past lives, and the the thin red line connecting them all, well, you become that line and you aren't the 17 year old kid anymore, you're the 4000+ (infinite) old soul returning to it's favorite party place - Planet Earth.
And this thin red line which is the Bigger Picture You, can vary I think. Some awaken to be / feel like indigos, crystals, some use other labels such as real vampires, faes and otherkin, but I think this is just different names of soulgroups / families / races, and there's another step further back in the evolution of the universe:

The 2nd Awakening
Then, in my opinion, there is a 2nd awakening, when you leave Everything behind and Sieze to exist. no past lives, no future, no time, no space, no light, no dark, nothing. You sort of "die" inside, outside on all levels, it's as if your entire being just evaporates and rejoins the stream of all energy, everything that acually is One. Hmm... metaphore... ahh there's one. Instead of becoming a hair on the scalp or a nail or a toe, you become the blood of the being, or even the energy in the nerveous system, thus being, sooner or later, EVERYTHING in that body, instead of being just a small part. I haven't had this awakening yet, but I've been there on the treshold, peeking around the corner / down the ravine, and taking small picnics into that park. for me, this is beyond Nirvana, if Nirvana is the concept of bright light, eternal bliss and stuff like that. This is where you become One with Everything and then Everything becomes Nothing.

So what about me then. Well. My entire picture of the world and it's universe was torn apart and I myself was shaken off the ground and couldn't stand up for weeks, then I became Myself and everything was clearer then ever. The problem is that I sort of awakened to something close to the label "real vampire". Because that particular soul-type is pretty closely connected with a lot of our culture and myths and even day-to-day language, the mental barriers and blockings were huuuge and I had to spend a lot of time sorting out reality, myth based upon reality, myth, fantasy, madness. But it still became too much, and I made some kind of deal with myself - "I can't take this right now. Please fall asleep mr True Self and we'll talk later, in a couple of years or so". But then, the 2nd awakening started inviting me to the club. Now I don't know what's up really. All I know is I miss Home alot, but I know I've been through a lot to be here on earth again, and I will make the most of it.

Other than real vampire, the term crystal child is even closer to what I feel is my soul-kin. There was a long list somewhere, I think it was awakeningstarseeds.com or something, and I applied to EVERYTHING on that list, which was pretty spooky. And it wasn't my ego talking either, I had my mom, my gf and some close friends read it and comment it, most of them being against "all that new age crap" - but all of them agreed and accepted that idea made sense.

Although I really dislike labels. I believe many of these lists are created by people who want either themselves to be extra special, or their children to be. But if you have a strong intuition, you can usually tell those attempts from the attempts of just Bringing Family Home. Wow. that's a LONG post. sorry, I'm moving closer to the small hours and I tend to get very "insightful" during these hours.

thanks for reading. :)

Tegan Petrelli
23rd May 2007, 05:16 AM
I have recently gone through or am now going though all the symptoms except 11. Instead I have a sudden BURST of passion like I need to get out there and change the world.

hasalameth
3rd June 2007, 01:34 PM
I have recently gone through or am now going though all the symptoms except 11. Instead I have a sudden BURST of passion like I need to get out there and change the world.

then do it! 8)

Cal
8th June 2007, 04:33 PM
1. Body aches and pains, especially in the neck, shoulder and back. This is the result of intense changes at your DNA level as the "Christ seed" awakens within. This too shall pass.

I sometimes have lower back pain when I wake up.

2. Feeling of deep inner sadness for no apparent reason. You are releasing your past (this lifetime and others) and this causes the feeling of sadness. This is similar to the experience of moving from a house where you lived in for many, many years into a new house. As much as you want to move into the new house, there is a sadness of leaving behind the memories, energy and experiences of the old house. This too shall pass.

I pretty much constantly feel an intense soul crushing saddness, sometimes I can distract myself from it.

3. Crying for no apparent reason. Similar to #2 above. It's good and healthy to let the tears flow. It helps to release the old energy within. This too shall pass.

The tears are so hard to hold back sometimes, even though I don't fully understand why I'm crying.

4. Sudden change in job or career. A very common symptom. As you change, things around you will change as well. Don't worry about finding the "perfect" job or career right now. This too shall pass. You're in transition and you may make several job changes before you settle into one that fits your passion.

I currently don't have a job. I have only ever worked two days in my life. Maybe I'm lazy, but to me, my time is worth so much more than money.

5.Withdrawal from family relationships. You are connected to your biological family via old karma. When you get off the karmic cycle, the bonds of the old relationships are released. It will appear as though you are drifting away from your family and friends. This too shall pass. After a period of time, you may develop a new relationship with them if it is appropriate. However, the relationship will be based in the new energy without the karmic attachments.

I'm alone even when surrounded by family, it's like they are not only strangers but ghosts or shadows and always have been. It's sort of like, they are the parents of an insignificant physical body. It's not a nice thing to say but it's like my spirit/consiousness has no connection to them at all and sees them as unimportant.

6. Unusual sleep patterns. It's likely that you'll awaken many nights between 2:00 and 4:00 AM. There's a lot of work going on within you, and it often causes you to wake up for a "breather." Not to worry. If you can't go back to sleep, get up and do something rather than lay in bed and worry about humanly things. This too shall pass.

My sleep patterns are extremely erratic. I am usually always awake between 2 and 4am.

7. Intense dreams. These might include war and battle dreams, chase dreams or monster dreams. You are literally releasing the old energy within, and these energies of the past are often symbolized as wars, running to escape and boogiemen. This too shall pass.

Unfortunately my dream memory isn't very good at all. But I have no memory of ever having a battle dreams. Chase and monster dreams have an air of familiarity about them, but I can't remember.

8. Physical disorientation. At times you'll feel very ungrounded. You'll be "spatially challenged" with the feeling like you can't put two feet on the ground, or that you're walking between two worlds. As your consciousness transitions into the new energy, you body sometimes lags behind. Spend more time in nature to help ground the new energy within. This too shall pass.

It feels like I'm living on the edge where the inner and outer worlds meet, neither here nor there, not anywhere.

9.Increased "self talk." You'll find yourself talking to your Self more often. You'll suddenly realize you've been chattering away with yourself for the past 30 minutes. There is a new level of communication taking place within your being, and you're experiencing the tip of the iceberg with the self talk. The conversations will increase, and they will become more fluid, more coherent and more insightful. You're not going crazy, you're just Shaumbra moving into the new energy.

Take a look at my post in the expanded consciousness forum, my self talk is more like a teacher, and has shown me the nature of the things that are, how even though all that exists in its infinite veriety is all exactly the same. I understand how every person alive, that has ever lived and ever will live, are doing just one single simple thing, constantly throughout their lives, no matter what they are doing or why, it's all the same thing. It's greatly increased my tolerance of people, because I know that they are only doing what I am doing, I am more understanding of them, because my understanding of myself has increased, and we are all the same.. All of existence has been infinitely complicated, but at the same time infinitely simplified.

10. Feelings of loneliness, even when in the company of others. You may feel alone and removed from others. You may feel the desire to "flee" groups and crowds. As Shaumbra, you are walking a sacred and lonely path. As much as the feelings of loneliness cause you anxiety, it is difficult to relate to others at this time. The feelings of loneliness are also associated with the fact that your Guides have departed. They have been with you on all of your journeys in all of your lifetimes. It was time for them to back away so you could fill your space with your own divinity. This too shall pass. The void within will be filled with the love and energy of your own Christ consciousness.

This loniless has made me want to kill myself many times, but even though the emotional pain is so strong, there is always the feeling that suicide isn't the correct answer. I feel as though this loneliness is a part of me and can never be healed. No matter how many people I surround myself with it seems to make me feel worse, it's like they can never be called friends even though they are friendly and trustworthy. It's like we are just too... different, somehow.

11. Loss of passion. You may feel totally disimpassioned, with little or no desire to do anything. That's OK, and it's just part of the process. Take this time to "do no-thing." Don't fight yourself on this, because this too shall pass. It's similar to rebooting a computer. You need to shut down for a brief period of time in order to load the sophisticated new software, or in this case, the new Christ-seed energy.

The people I know call me 'Hermit' (not in a mean spirited way), because I practically never leave my house. It's like there's nothing outside, like there isn't anything at all to do in this world. I have often said to myself "I feel like I was born on the wrong planet". Nothing here interests me.

12. A deep longing to go Home. This is perhaps the most difficult and challenging of any of the conditions. You may experience a deep and overwhelming desire to leave the planet and return to Home. This is not a "suicidal" feeling. It is not based in anger or frustration. You don't want to make a big deal of it or cause drama for yourself or other. There is a quiet part of you that wants to go Home. The root cause for this is quite simple. You have completed your karmic cycles. You have completed your contract for this lifetime. You are ready to begin a new lifetime while still in this physical body. During this transition process, you have an inner remembrance of what it is like to be on the other side. Are you ready to enlist for another tour of duty here on Earth? Are you ready to take on the challenges of moving into the New Energy? Yes, indeed you could go Home right now. But you've come this far, and after many, many lifetimes it would be a shame to leave before the end of the movie. Besides, Spirit needs you here to help others transition into the new energy. They will need a human guide, just like you, who has taken the journey from the old energy into the new. The path you're walking right now provides the experiences to enable you to become a Teacher of the New Divine Human. As lonely and dark as your journey can be at times, remember that you are never alone.

I feel out of place, like I don't have a home, like I'm not at home no matter where I am, and it's like I don't know what home feels like (or I do but I haven't realized it yet). This isn't my place, I'm in someone elses world, and I'm just waiting...

I don't know if any of this Tobias stuff is true or not, but I have no reason to dismiss it. Maybe the only reason I am putting any faith at all into this is because I relate so strongly to it. It's the only thing that I do relate to.

Cal

Serenity
9th June 2007, 09:42 AM
Hm. All of the above.

Couldn't someone have just sent me a memo? http://www.factoryjoe.com/projects/emoticons/images/emoticon-0183-swear.gif

David Mustardseed
10th June 2007, 04:06 PM
Actually, David, I'm over 50 and don't see a lot of those things happening with my friends around the same age. It reads to me like a list of something anyone could go through if they were having either a life crisis or a spiritual crisis. If you've been through it, you would understand. I got your jokes, and thought they were really funny. But the original post was not intended as a joke. Lightworker thought it was interesting.

The jokes are fine, but "hilarious" could be interpreted by some as an insult of their intelligence.

This reminds me of the Indigo thing. Some people can totally relate to it. I'm a bit skeptical myself, but some of the lists that describe characteristics of an Indigo, I average about 100%. When something pops out at you as an Aha! is very different from thinking, "Hmmm...that kind of sometimes describes a little bit of how I sometimes am." It's irrelevant to me if I'm an Indigo or not, or whether there really is such a phenomenom. But, some people really relate, and if it makes sense to them, why would you feel the need to yell, "hilarious"?

Besides, if we're going to be funny here and possibly insult people's intelligence, you might want to look up the spelling of "hilarious". :D Now that's really funny. *just a joke* :twisted:

Point taken, I guess I should have clarified that to me it was hilarious, and to tell you the truth it really was. Furthermore I find that the post was sort of typical for the pompous almost elitist (yes I am aware of the meaning of these words :D) attitude that appears to dominate the New Age community, in general and maybe AD in particular. "The enlightened ones" or at least the ones who consider themselves enlightened, do not laugh at themselves all that much really ..........wouldn't you agree? Actually I find more humour and raw interaction on the old AP, but I guess its a matter of "to each his own". In any case, I did not intend to offend anyone, and I am sorry if I did. Maybe this is making it worse, who knows, but it is my opinion that true enlightenment or should we call it maturity is meassured not so much in how one feels oneself, but in what we do for our fellow man.

Furthermore, in an odd sort of way ( and I know it was a joke) I find that drawing attention to a spelling mistake instead of the issue at hand is very "unfunny", maybe we should just conceed that we laugh at different things. Ha

As I said, I intended no hurt and apologise if I caused any,

Regards Mustardseed

Tempestinateapot
10th June 2007, 05:22 PM
it is my opinion that true enlightenment or should we call it maturity is meassured not so much in how one feels oneself, but in what we do for our fellow man. That is completely dependent on what your defintion of enlightenment is. In mine, enlightenment is nothing more than turning on a switch and understanding who we are and why we are here. Nothing pompous in that. In my opinion there are a lot of enlightened people who don't realize they are, or if they do realize it, they are afraid to say it because they might be considered "elitist". To me, it's nothing more than saying, "I get it". I'm not in the habit of "measuring" anyone.

"Evolvement" is a whole other ball of wax. One can be enlightened, but not very evolved. Actually, meeting other beings while OBE shows just how unevolved us humans actually are. Doing things for your fellow man has nothing to do with being enlightened. Enlightenment is a personal journey and can't be done for anybody else. Someone who is evolving, on the other hand, would help his fellow man because of the realilzation that we are all One. That's where humility might come in, although it's almost impossible for any of us to be truly humble. Those egos get in the way and want their spotlight.

the ones who consider themselves enlightened, do not laugh at themselves all that much really ..........wouldn't you agree? I wouldn't know. I don't know many people who are willing to say they are enlightened. Out of fear of being labeled the very things you say...pompous, elitist.... But, the ones I do know are funny as hell. :twisted:

Korpo
10th June 2007, 06:28 PM
It's the first time I've heard being enlightened prevents one from having a sense of humour. I believe the opposite is true. :D

Oliver

jtowson
10th July 2007, 06:22 AM
Very interesting...

Most of the stuff on that list applies to me, some have recently been quite dramatic, and I'm 24!

Moving from Japan back to the US to go back to school and go from translator/teacher to sound engineer I think is about as dramatic a career change can get.

I've had some really wild dreams in the past as well. I won't go into too much detail about the one with Jackie Chan and the umbrella... ;)
(Maybe I just play too many video games...)

Justin

Beekeeper
10th July 2007, 08:41 AM
I had the thought, "Midlife crisis" for some of them, or even just "life crisis." :)

Sore neck and shoulders means too much time over books and computer for me.

Here's a better list:

You find yourself healing lepers, blind people and raising the dead.
You're really handy when the wine runs out
You put your local fish shop and bread shop out of business
You freak people out at the local swimming hole by walking on the water....

David Mustardseed
31st July 2007, 01:36 PM
yea well..........I guess as long as we do not define these things, we are bound to end up disagreeing. It appears that we are talking past each other.

My view on the post that started the thread is that it lists a number of symptoms people experience as they mature. Granted some never mature or say mature slower than others, but the central point that I found funny is that mere maturation as a human being, in other words growing up, is counted becoming enlightened.

To me that is funny. Not only does it fit throngs of people who are getting along in years, but it also enables some of these, who may have an enlarged ego gland, telling them that they are special, different and more spiritual than others, thus adding to their self importance in the process.

I see these people every day, older sort of somber purists consumed with their own mortality and path and not the least concerned by the suffering of others.

These are the folks I adress. Having a form of Godliness but not able to really use the power ......... ego extended and strenghtened, self absorbed and certainly not enlightened.

Regards Mustardseed

star
31st July 2007, 03:07 PM
There are too many subjects in that, so I don't get it, since godliness and enlightenment is different. So is "divinity" or even just increasing the amount of bioelectricity you hold.

If your just talking about priests and you hang around church alot, then yeah, i'd get what your saying.

CFTraveler
31st July 2007, 04:43 PM
My opinion on the list (as my fellow moderators already know) is that the list has to do with growth process that everybody goes through. Almost every symptom in it is part of growth in life.
If this means that as we get older we get closer to God, I disagree. We're as close to God as the day we were born (to be biblical, I'd say 'closer than hands and feet'), in my own words we are expressions of God, and there is never any separation, except for awareness or belief. So IMO 'awakening' means 'awakening awareness' of our already preexisting divinity. Maybe 'maturity' gets you closer to that awareness, and I have no doubt that that is true of many people, but, well, a checklist? Don't know. :?

Cal
1st August 2007, 02:36 AM
I had the thought, "Midlife crisis" for some of them, or even just "life crisis." :)

Yes, I certainly would call awakening a "life crisis". Who wouldn't? I mean recognizing that my reality is an extremely cunning illusion that has "trapped" everyone I know and almost the whole world has quite an effect. Recognizing that the reality we actually live in is so vastly different to what it "obviously" is is so mind blowing that words fail utterly and means that I basically live alone in reality with my only option of being with others is leaving the truth behind and "stepping" into the dream.

It's like playing an online RPG but everyone thinks the game world is the only reality. The don't notice they are actually not occupying the bodies they see and control. They don't see that past the edge of the screen is an unrecognised part of their reality that opens wrapping round and fully encompasses the screen they've been looking at their whole lives thinking that anything past that edge is simply in their minds, fantasy. But they are the the ones actually living the fantasy, they don't realise it's just a game, because they believe what lies beyond the edge isn't real, trapping them from even considering this other part of reality is anything at all, never mind trying to understand it.

For me waking from this game shone the light around my screen revealing a vast empty world that is amazing yet lonely (because I don't know anyone else who knows). A world I'm left to explore alone because words weren't designed to explain atoms to a world of pixels. If awoken, people would still play the game, they would play it for fun because all the fears they had when it was reality are now gone, the illusion pops in a puff of smoke. They are now free to focus on the important aspects of their actual reality in which their fun game exists.

I wish I could snap my fingers and everyone just knew what I knew. I don't mean believe what I believe I mean know. The knowledge just appeared all at once in their heads as though it was a passing thought, free to believe or disbelieve as they fit.

Those whos eyes are made tired and dreary by their reality would light up. Those who wear sad faces would suddenly smile. Some would be scared by their “reality” suddenly becoming a recognised incorrect belief. Those who are genuinely and truly happy whos lives are full of love and joy everyday would wouldn't be much affected, it would just mean they can love life with the rest of the world. Some would be heartbroken seeing the suffering of the whole world being a tragic “oops” accident. Like a mother whos baby slips from her arms to her death. A tiny little slip of perception that made the “baby” fall, how would you feel if you saw such a thing?

And then some would simply not allow themselves to know it. Being too locked into the illusion that they simply can't handle such reality switch.

Why? Because it's not about belief or fanciful ideas. It's knowledge, knowledge that connects to all we are in every way (more ways then most of doesn't even notice we are using) and connects simply and logically to everything we know. The possibility of it being wrong simply isn't there, it is recognised instantly as our reality. Almost like a long forgotten memory suddenly popping back into your head.

Now I'm not saying that it's actually possible to realize it all in one go like this it was just an example of knowledge and awareness further along the path.

Here's a better list:

You find yourself healing lepers, blind people and raising the dead.
You're really handy when the wine runs out
You put your local fish shop and bread shop out of business
You freak people out at the local swimming hole by walking on the water....

One day when the world knows, you can start ticking those off :)

My view on the post that started the thread is that it lists a number of symptoms people experience as they mature. Granted some never mature or say mature slower than others, but the central point that I found funny is that mere maturation as a human being, in other words growing up, is counted becoming enlightened.

That is true. Those lists are somewhat inaccurate. However you are only seeing a part of it. Some if not most or even all of the things on such lists ARE symptoms of growing up, or getting old. But don't you see there is the problem, we live in a world where growing up means things like feeling deep sadness, crying, intense dreams, constant loneliness no matter who you're with and increased self talk.

Then they get over all this when they “mature”.

But it's those who never mature, or should I see those who don't give in or don't feel that the only way out of how they feel is to go through what people call “maturing”, that don't just stop feeling sorry for themselves and everyone else and just getting over it . When these people turn away from the outside world that saddens them they now have the possibility to realise something that isn't noticeable from the outside. And as if by magic they suddenly know the most amazing things. Things people spend there lives wondering about and things that scientists are trying to explain, and over time it slowly builds and builds until pixel by pixel their world expands. Things that awaken them.

It's the only way to awaken in this manner, like I did, unintentionally. Because this reality seems like so much and everything else seems like so little no one peeks in, and those that do, have no idea what to look for. It's all down to fate at this point.

All people experience the things on this list. All people “mature”, but not everyone awakens to what these growing pains are trying to tell them.

I see these people every day, older sort of somber purists consumed with their own mortality and path and not the least concerned by the suffering of others.

These are the folks I adress. Having a form of Godliness but not able to really use the power ......... ego extended and strenghtened, self absorbed and certainly not enlightened.

Exactly, because the list are inaccurate. Someone who has awakened simply wouldn't bother with such egoism, they would know that it's silly.

Although I do admit, at this point I can't use the “power”, it's trapped inside me with no words to carry it out into the world.

But It's my life goal to find a way to teach this. I feel I'm supposed to teach this, and in all honesty is the most important thing in my life. But I've tried to use the dream words I know to paint invisible pictures. There's so much, and it's impossible to teach. A fact that had me confused, I felt I was fated to teach the unteachable. But this can only be discovered inside, I'm not meant to teach it, I instead am a guide. Slowly subtley guiding everyone I meet, until I meet someone who notices something, then asks a question, and understands an answer that isn't an answer at all, that leads them inside themselves. The people who are ready I might be able to subtley guide them in the directions they must take their minds to uncover things they never knew they could know.

Imagine a UFO taking someone thousands of ago years who believes the world is flat up and up. The person stands inside a glass bubble alone being taken higher, slowly their reality begins to bend before their eyes, their flat has just become round. They are then taken back down and the bubble pops.

People call him crazy and say stop dreaming, “The worlds flat idiot look.” He says “well yeah I suppose it does look flat but thats just how we see it.” “Yeah, that's what being flat is!”

He soon learns that the only way for someone to see past the illusion is if they themselves poke their head out and look.

He stops trying to tell, he understands why people believe what they believe, it's only natural, he doesn't think people are stupid, its just a clever little trick of perception that people don't notice.

During his talks with people he may say casually “Have you ever wondered why it looks like ships sink into the sea when they sail over the horizon?”

The reply he gets “It's one of lifes little mysteries I suppose, it's the kind of thing we can't know. I mean we know the ship doesn't sink, but we do see that. It's a mystery.”

“Yeah, I guess it is a mystery, I mean it's like the world has a slight curve to it.”

And with that he leaves the mystery and his friend alone knowing he's guided as much as is possible, the rest is up to him, and he doesn't even know it.

When alone that night, his friend thinks back to their little pondering, not trying to find any answers, or uncover any mystery. It's really is strange, our flat world looks as though it has an almost imperceptible curve, even though we all know the world is flat. He then looks up to the stars, and he becomes aware that the sun is round. Then he notices the moon too is round. He then wonders why bubbles are round, and why drops of water are round. His mind goes on, filling him with how nature loves to make things round.

Why don't the oceans of this flat world spill over the edge and drain away. This world is just so unimaginably massive I'll probably never know, so big that if it where round the curve would be almost unnoticeable..

And in his mind reality becomes a little different. Maybe one day someone travels around the world proving to everyone that the world actually is round. People will say to this man “Wow have you heard? Someone sailed around the world discovering that its actually round!” He'll say “Yeah, I've known for ages, remember that time I asked you why it looks like ships sink over the horizon like the world is round? You told me stop talking crap and then asked why I was laughing.”

The story is somewhat inaccurate but I hope it gets my point across. I don't think I'm better then anyone else. I am however better off than I was before, better off at a price. Those who do things simply to be better then others, and hold onto that being better are not enlightened, they are more trapped in the illusion than most. I want everyone to know, and one day they will.

Thanks
Cal

Tempestinateapot
9th August 2007, 03:36 AM
Cal, you might be interested in reading Jed McKenna's books. While I don't agree with everything he says, I do agree with his thoughts that no one would actually choose enlightenment, that once it begins there is nothing you can do to stop it. There is nothing left that you can do, you have to see it through. Everything is broken down to the barest element, the simplest explanation that there is...our human life is an illusion. It is a grand play that we live out and take very seriously while doing so. Once you see that it is an illusion (a mere thoughtform we create from a higher understanding), all that's left is a choice...do you want to play the game (recognizing what it is), or do you want to step out of the game? Now, I'm not even sure we can step out of it in the sense that many believe we are on a path to merging with the Source. How can you merge with something that you already are? If everything is One, then it is already merged. One only has to recognize it.

I noticed that you asked Robert about some of this in his forum. He understands it and has had the experience himself. He chooses to stay in the play and co-create experiences with what can only be termed as other "Robert's". There is only One mind that has split and fractured with no other purpose than to experience.

These thoughts have taken me down a road that I never imagined I would go. I no longer relate to the New Age people. Mostly because I no longer believe there is a God...something that is separate from me. Just saying that at first gave me the creeps. I was so indoctrinated into believing there is a higher power that could fix things if I just believed enough. I went through the existential depression that it would seem very few people go through. It sure as hell doesn't make me feel that I'm better than anyone. If anything, it makes me non-judgemental about anything another person does, because ultimately, if there is only One, then the One would be judging it's own actions.

This experience separates you from most people. How many people would joyfully agree with you telling them they are an illusion and that you and they are One and the same? It's not a warm and fuzzy knowledge in the sense most people think of, but it is a knowledge that frees you. You become a creator of experiences, rather than someone who needs a creator to worship and someone who has things happen "to" them. Taking on the responsibility that you are the originator of all that happens to you is something most don't want to hear and won't accept. The victim role is the easy way out.

I have discovered that people who realize this knowledge are usually on their last incarnation on earth. There is a pulling away, a feeling that you are done with earth type experiences. While you recognize the beauty of earth and can appreciate it as a thoughtform creation more than before, you lose your attachment to needing to be here. There is a feeling of being done with this experience and looking forward to new ones that can't even be imagined while human.

This isn't info that many will agree with. Most think it is an egotistical thing. In truth, it's just the opposite. You recognize your ego for what it is...temporary and not who you really are. How could you be egotistical about something you know is just a vehicle for experience, and will be shed as easily as walking through a door when you physically die? It matters not to me what others think of me. They are me and I am them. They can judge and ridicule, but it is only words on a script in a play. When they choose to leave the earth realm and everything attached to it, the recognition that we are ultimately and always were One will be understood in a much more meaningful and profound way.

sorana
3rd October 2007, 07:59 AM

It is the "Twelve Signs of Your Awakening Divinity" by Tobias chanelled thru Geoffrey Hoppe

------------
ok, i don't have all of the symptoms but I'm pretty sure I have symptom no. 6, 8, 9, 11 at present.

How about you guys? Maybe this will help the people who are wondering if they will ever awaken.

DID IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND TO WONDER IF THIS "AWAKENING" WOULDN'T JUST BE SPIRIT POSSESSION?
i'VE INQUIRED ABOUT POSSESSION SIGNS IN OTHER CULTURES AND ALSO I READ ABOUT TESTIMONIES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SET FREE FROM POSSESSION. E.G. EX WITCHES WHO BECAME CHRISTIANS. YOU CAN INQUIRE FOR YOURSELF TOO: FIND OUT ABOUT PEOPLE FROM YOGA OR OTHER AREAS WHO PRACTICE RASING THE SAME ENERGY CALLED KUNDALINI (here's a long... list) and see HOW WERE THEY SET FREE OF THIS AND OTHER NEGS.
I KNOW THIS MIGHT GET SOME OPPOSITE OPINIONS. LOL. BUT, BY FORMATION, I'M USED TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING SO I'M NOT FOOLED BY SOME "FRIENDLY" GUIDE. LOL. HOPE YOU GET MY POINT.

Cal
13th October 2007, 01:26 AM
Not really, where are you seeing negs in any of this? I don't understand.

Cal

CFTraveler
13th October 2007, 01:48 AM
ALSO I READ ABOUT TESTIMONIES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SET FREE FROM POSSESSION. E.G. EX WITCHES WHO BECAME CHRISTIANS. I thought you said you researched all this stuff?

0range
2nd November 2007, 04:29 AM
i found this thread by searching for 'sadness', i've been feeling very sad lately, its a feeling that seems to emanate from a very deep sense of my being... i can't explain why, i seem to experience all of these symptoms, except physical aches and pain. the rest all describe me. dis impassioned, disconnected, lonely, sad. when i read the part about 'longing to go home' i got emotional chills up my spine. :sigh:

Cal
2nd November 2007, 11:00 PM
i found this thread by searching for 'sadness', i've been feeling very sad lately, its a feeling that seems to emanate from a very deep sense of my being... i can't explain why, i seem to experience all of these symptoms, except physical aches and pain. the rest all describe me. dis impassioned, disconnected, lonely, sad. when i read the part about 'longing to go home' i got emotional chills up my spine. :sigh:

Like the world doesn't want to know of the love inside you? and you find no love around you? Like our "home" is a place of unconditional love, and this place simply isn't the unconditional love kind of place? And this love being the only thing of importance to us, it feels like we are in an empty place, longing to go home, to feel the only feeling that matters?

At least that's how it feels to me.

Caelrie
14th November 2007, 05:12 AM
Some apply to me and some don't. I tend to be emotionally stable so the ones dealing with that are out. I do feel the longing to go home, and I'm bored with "the game" for the most part.

I dunno. I remain skeptical about that list as I do with most things. Really, if you're on a spiritual path, don't you know it already? I mean, how'd you get on it in the first place if you didn't start it yourself? So what's the list for?

Beekeeper
14th November 2007, 09:51 AM
I kind of think we're all on a spiritual path, like it or not. Only, some of us are conscious of it.

Korpo
14th November 2007, 10:08 AM
I dunno. I remain skeptical about that list as I do with most things. Really, if you're on a spiritual path, don't you know it already? I mean, how'd you get on it in the first place if you didn't start it yourself? So what's the list for?

To a certain degree you are put on the path. Whether you are born with a desire you cannot satisfy or have a transformational experience.

I have this longing I cannot explain, but it has been nagging at me for quite a while. I need to know. But what? :)

Others suddenly start having Kundalini bouts throwing them off-balance. Or NDEs. ;)

So, even if I have the feeling more strongly than maybe others that I do this myself, in reality it is all coming from a higher reality. What I am born with is not random, and I don't think spontaneous Kundalini is or a transforming NDE. And when you have one of those experiences you know. Or when you have a certain desire you will sooner or later find out because it has an unsettling effect.

Oliver

Caelrie
14th November 2007, 06:08 PM
So, even if I have the feeling more strongly than maybe others that I do this myself, in reality it is all coming from a higher reality. What I am born with is not random, and I don't think spontaneous Kundalini is or a transforming NDE. And when you have one of those experiences you know. Or when you have a certain desire you will sooner or later find out because it has an unsettling effect.

Oliver
I suppose that's true. I myself had one of those NDEs that kicked off the whole thing.

ButterflyWoman
15th November 2007, 05:15 AM
My transformation started with a spontaneous Kundalini awakening that damn near killed me and took years to resolve. I'm not sure if it's even resolved yet, to be honest (emotionally/mentally I'm quite stable now, but physically, I've got a lot of strange symptoms).

star
15th November 2007, 05:59 AM

------------

DID IT EVER CROSS YOUR MIND TO WONDER IF THIS "AWAKENING" WOULDN'T JUST BE SPIRIT POSSESSION?
i'VE INQUIRED ABOUT POSSESSION SIGNS IN OTHER CULTURES AND ALSO I READ ABOUT TESTIMONIES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SET FREE FROM POSSESSION. E.G. EX WITCHES WHO BECAME CHRISTIANS. YOU CAN INQUIRE FOR YOURSELF TOO: FIND OUT ABOUT PEOPLE FROM YOGA OR OTHER AREAS WHO PRACTICE RASING THE SAME ENERGY CALLED KUNDALINI (here's a long... list) and see HOW WERE THEY SET FREE OF THIS AND OTHER NEGS.
I KNOW THIS MIGHT GET SOME OPPOSITE OPINIONS. LOL. BUT, BY FORMATION, I'M USED TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING SO I'M NOT FOOLED BY SOME "FRIENDLY" GUIDE. LOL. HOPE YOU GET MY POINT.

You have to decide for yourself. But I would think that the stories would be better heard from the people who had the experience. Do you have any testimonials or such?

Caelrie
15th November 2007, 06:04 AM
Not really.

star
15th November 2007, 09:32 AM
Not really. You're really qoutable. :D

I think that you have to look at it from a more mature perspective, if youre talking about cases of the Christian or Catholic church you have to look at the history of false information being fed into the public. Mostly the sort of bullying that makes other look bad and them better by comparison. A quick google search for 6,000 year old earth and evidence will pull up a few sites where "christian" scientists are trying to prove the earth as being literally only 6,000 years old useing false science.

There also happen to be such information on mystics and demon worshipers that found christ and escaped and were also saved. Its hype and propaganda. Lots of sillyness.

Caelrie
15th November 2007, 08:49 PM
You're really qoutable. :D

I think that you have to look at it from a more mature perspective, if youre talking about cases of the Christian or Catholic church you have to look at the history of false information being fed into the public. Mostly the sort of bullying that makes other look bad and them better by comparison. A quick google search for 6,000 year old earth and evidence will pull up a few sites where "christian" scientists are trying to prove the earth as being literally only 6,000 years old useing false science.

There also happen to be such information on mystics and demon worshipers that found christ and escaped and were also saved. Its hype and propaganda. Lots of sillyness.

Hehe thanks.

I'm just an automatic skeptic. I don't believe anything about spiritual stuff until I can verify it myself. Doing this, I've literally created a "religion of one". I built my own system of spiritual beliefs one by one, and I'm the only one on my path.

When seen from that point of view, I haven't found much of anything in the three Abrahamic religions that verified itself for me, and thus I don't really take them seriously.

velvet
21st March 2008, 09:11 AM
I been feeling like this a lot. People in my life have been telling me I'm stress. I dislike that word, it seems like nowadays that word has been taken advantage off. Lately life for me has been feeling like a game, where I have to do things a certain time. People have been telling me to do things in a certain time, and it's driving me nuts. I'm feeling stuck in life, emotionally, and spiritually.

LuXFluX
21st March 2008, 12:19 PM
Well I'm 25 now and these symptoms began for me at age 12, though I've not read this list before today. So the midlife crisis idea seems a little odd for me. At 12, I simply never stopped questioning. Drove everyone nuts. Why do I have to color in the lines? Why do I have to go to school? Why do you do it like that? And I really meant it. Why? I read books on everything, eventually going to religion/metaphysics as the only place left to answer the "why's" I had. And I found out there was no answer in any book. And it was depressing.

I never wanted to play the game of life by arbitrary rules. Why am I forced to follow society if I didn't first agree to do so? And if I did, why don't I remember? Find me someone in the general population who can really answer this lol. Especially to a 12 year old who they just think is "lazy and depressed". LMAO, no wonder, there aren't any answers and *gasp* I'm actually finding that out! Haha, the best I ever got from them was "Don't think so much, you'll go crazy." Sadly, for most people they have to avoid these questions because it's too much for them. I understand, in some ways I wish I didn't ask myself. But I refuse to honor agreements I didn't make.

I don't *want* to think this way. In high school, believe me, I wanted to just enjoy the mundane things that others did. Badly. Really did. Chasing girls, drugs, food, hanging out. But....why are those fun? WHy is that what you "do"? I had to ask. And no answers lol. And it sucked. Just a lot of weak platitudes amounting to "that's just the way it is". Well, not for me. I want to know. And to equate that with egoism is profoundly mistaken. The only payoff I get for all of this is knowing that I'm not settling for an easy answer and might be able to help my fellow man if I find out. Is that egotistical? To not be proud of going through these things would be a lie. They are hard answers to look for. But it doesn't make me feel like the king of the world.

Besides, any judgements I've made of others are typically with sadness. I don't *want* to see problems. I still realize people are spirits like me in any case. It's not fun to see people acting like orangutans with vocal cords when they are *so much more*. I don't consider the great spiritual leaders egotistical for pointing out to me that I'm living 1% of my existence, and as an animal-man. Neither do I fault myself for sometimes noticing this. If I find out for myself what the answers are, then I will have something worthwhile to serve others with. I can actually give them something that can be helpful to them in finding themselves. What else can hold interest now?

Ironically, this is all in one New Testament verse: "He who picks up the plow and looks back is not worthy of the kingdom of heaven." Haha, strange, but that brings my smile back.

CFTraveler
21st March 2008, 02:06 PM
OMG I love your sig!
The post's ok too. :)

Korpo
21st March 2008, 02:13 PM
LuxFlux,

Funny you mention it like that, because to certain points I can relate.

I had some kind of midlife crisis as a teenager. I actually thought - "Great, a midlife crisis at this age? I'm not make 30 then...!" ;)

I was devouring self help books, but the funny thing is, while many books of psychology or self help could name the sickness, it seemed to me they could not cure it. In a certain way they don't do, as their goal is only the functional person. A person that functions in society without being too unhappy.

The learning materials about Eastern philosophy I had access to where not good. They did not show the love and compassion of Buddhism, but only that it defines life as suffering. While I could refeel that idea very well, I just became more depressed and felt like there is no escape, nothing to work towards for.

Back at that age I "thought it all through". What is this religion thing and what do I believe? On my own I became an agnostic - the only thing I believed in was that there is something pervading the Universe. Some may calls its manifestations God, but without anything to clearly observe it I did not want to assign any attributes to it. I decided not to be an atheist but not to believe any religion either, and that stayed with me. In fact that maximum reduction in religious belief, has been a constant.

I look back in amazement at that teenager and still wonder how I came to that conclusion that served me so well. It has changed a lot underneath, a general faith without too much form has moved in. More love of others and myself. No longer the hollowness. Strangely enough I might just come in real touch with what I only thought about as a teenager. Life is odd.

Oliver

velvet
23rd March 2008, 05:05 AM
It's like when you finally get it and look back you wonder what took you so long to figure it out but you're glad that you finally did.

Palehorse Redivivus
23rd March 2008, 02:11 PM
I was devouring self help books, but the funny thing is, while many books of psychology or self help could name the sickness, it seemed to me they could not cure it. In a certain way they don't do, as their goal is only the functional person. A person that functions in society without being too unhappy.

I can relate. I started on the self help kick in about mid-high school, and started college as a psych major in an attempt to figure out what my own issues were. I've heard most psychologists/psychiatrists start out the same way, lol. But it left a bad taste in my mouth and didn't really provide any answers. Too materialistic, and part of the greater system of putting people into symptom-related categories and treating the symptoms, not the people. My philosophy says if something is a problem, then it has a full solution -- just being good enough to function in a dysfunctional world doesn't do it for me.

Korpo
23rd March 2008, 10:23 PM
I can relate. I started on the self help kick in about mid-high school, and started college as a psych major in an attempt to figure out what my own issues were.

I nearly made that choice. Same reasons, actually. Then I became a computer scientist. If I know a machine's problem, there's *always* a way to fix it. Plus CS masters earn more. :oops: ;)

But it left a bad taste in my mouth and didn't really provide any answers. Too materialistic, and part of the greater system of putting people into symptom-related categories and treating the symptoms, not the people.

I felt psychology can diagnose, but not heal the root cause. I did not know why. Now I think Eastern philosophy has it right - that suffering is inevitable because of how the ego works. So now I think psychology can provide good fixes, but not cure root of the problem, and I think it is good for what it can actually do. But I also think that has to be transcended, eventually.

My philosophy says if something is a problem, then it has a full solution -- just being good enough to function in a dysfunctional world doesn't do it for me.

That's why I meditate. To find the full "answer" to suffering. :)

Be well,
Oliver

Osiris
11th April 2008, 01:55 AM
Wow that was pretty freaky, I hit them all except the DNA stuff too. still? :roll: