PDA

View Full Version : NEW effective with jet lag

stargazer
15th March 2007, 06:59 AM
Hey all,

Just wanted to drop a quick note that I found NEW especially effective for jet lag...

When I had jet lag I'd notice a funny "flipped" feeling around my sternum ... so as an experiment I focused awareness actions in that same "Flipped" area (between navel and heart chakra, perhaps in that 2nd storage area or the smaller chakra there) and found that I could avoid suffering jetlag altogether after taking a long flight home. This was after coming east from Korea / Japan to Los Angeles.

Try it...
Brush / sponge / or slowly push an energy ball through your upper stomach, below your sternum til the flipped feeling goes away (if you can feel it) or for 20-40min. otherwise. This seems to be especially effective for jetlag and can help you avoid some of the nastier symptoms of jetlag.. headaches, sleeplessness, snoring, irritability, too many awakenings. etc.

Don't forget to do a good energy raising pass beforehand :D

wstein
15th March 2007, 09:26 AM
Any ideas about why that part got flipped?

I have been looking into jet-lag for a long while now without much success. Since I am nearly immune, I can't study it on my own. The only time I had it was on a trip from California to India and that was only off by 3 hours for one day (12.5 hour shift in 24 hours). No problem on the return trip. My friend gets jet-lagged from the switch to/from daylight savings time. I find that keeping the same ~1:2 sleep:awake ratio is enough for me.

stargazer
16th March 2007, 01:41 AM
wstein I am venturing into the land of instinct and supposition here, but I always believed that the "flipped" feeling related to how one's energy is in tuned with the sun, perhaps a tidal relationship like with the moon. Jetlag seems to throw off a natural cycling of ebb / flow in one's energy... Intense focused awareness seems to help "reset" that switch. This is probably closely linked to the pineal gland ... but I seemed to have more luck diverting jetlag by stimulating that "flipped" area in the upper solar plexus directly.

While receiving acupuncture once, I described to the acupuncturist (a very sweet lady who taught for many years in Beijing) a feeling of "ocean" softness around my middle / upper stomach ... She exclaimed "Ah! GOOD CHI!" and indicated that this was symptomatic of an excellent chi flow.

Jetlag seems to induce a reversal of that feeling, as if the flow of this is going backwards. Perhaps it is a tidal thing. :D

dahrma
20th March 2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Stargazer,

One of my favorite Authors, Maurice Cotterell, who is an expert in Mayan and Peruvian Civilizations, is also knowledgeable in the earth / Sun relationship as part of his whole research experience. In one of my favorite books of his, “The Lost Tomb of Viracoacha”, on page 193, he expounds on the 1987 discovery by Dr. Ross Aidev's where as the production of biological timing hormone, melatonin, is greatly affected by magnetic fields, i.e., the Sun.

In the following statement he remarks specifically on the impact of solar-inspired magnetic modulation on the endocrine system. Pursuant to an experiment that was conducted to confirm the above discovery.

“This means that hormones levels are dependent on the combined influence of both the earths magnetic field , and that of the sun. Whenever an organism is removed from the magnetic field that prevails at the time of conception, magnetically induced hormone levels change, causing variations in the timing hormone melatonin. This explains why geographical movement of the human body across the earth's magnetic field gives rise to behavioral inertia, the reluctance of the body to adopt modified magnetically induced biological rhythms, resulting in symptoms ranging from jet-lag, to homesicknes.

He goes on to say,

“this is how the pigeon finds its way home; it simply circles, to ascertain the most favorable direction of magnetic field. The direction that causes the least anxiety is that direction which corresponds to where it was conceived. It simply flies in the direction of home.”

I think the above information is very significant in explaining your feeling of a “flipped sensation” and also your feeling of a reversal. I Hope you find this helpful in your search. :)

CFTraveler
20th March 2007, 01:14 PM
This is fascinating. I read (somewhere) about the high incidence of heart attack at 2-5am, and also this being the same time that most of us have OBE or high REM rate, and I've always wondered if the 'place' we are at when it comes to the earth's EM field at the time has something to do with it.

Korpo
13th September 2007, 03:43 PM
Anybody has an idea what to stimulate exactly?

stargazer's initial explanations are still a bit vague... I never had jet lag before, so I have to find out how to deal with it on my first trip Germany -> US.

Thank you,
Oliver

stargazer
13th September 2007, 08:49 PM
Hey there Oliver.

I've experienced jetlag as heavy bouts of exhaustion and a funny feeling in the solar plexus area, a sort of "something's not right" feeling. A very visceral "my clock is off" kind of feeling. It is worse going from west to east, then east to west, so your arrival in US will not be as difficult to adjust to as your arrival back to Germany.

I simply treated the epigastric / upper stomach area as if it were a blockage, upon feeling strange energetic sensations there... bouncing an energy ball through it, wrapping bandages around it. My experience was that this helped reduce the systems of jetlag. This is the same area that tells a lot about vertigo / balance / anxiety... when you get stage fright and get stomach butterflies, this is the area. When I get jetlag, I feel it keenly here.

Bear in mind that your pineal gland will be affected by jetlag as well, since it's the gland that tells the brain how much sunlight it's receiving so your third eye chakra may benefit from some NEW as well, it had just been my experience that extra attention to the upper solar plexus area was beneficial.

Korpo
13th September 2007, 09:02 PM
Thank you, stargazer! :D

Oliver