PDA

View Full Version : What the.... ??????

stargazer
19th March 2007, 11:41 AM
Alrighty...

I've been working on trying to gain better meditation / trance habits and have noticed an interesting phenomenon.

I become aware of my non-physical hands (Astral, mayhap) when I get into trance state, and more often than not.. they are touching or holding something.

I don't really know why this is, but it's a fascinating phenomenon because it's such a real tactile sensation, that if there weren't a dim awareness of my physical non-moving hands floating somewhere down below it all, I'd think that I was just really touching something.

I was taking a nap on the couch the other day and found myself floating in that "mind awake / body asleep" state... and my astral hands were gripping tightly onto what felt like a bar or pole, oriented "up/ down" with my body, you could say it was running parallel to the orientation of my spine. If I moved my hands up this bar, it caused shivery, pleasant energetic sensations to shoot up from base chakra to 2nd chakra. This was *ahem* a bit fun but only for so long, as it was only mildly stimulating, but it was so intriguing to feel something that was like a metal pole in front of me, (I was lying on my stomach on the couch, so it's like this pole was below me / in front of me) but grabbing onto it reflected changes in my own energetic body.

In an attempt to further understand the nature of this "pole" like thing, I squeezed my hands as tightly as I could to grip it... and FASCINATING... it's like the pole disappeared and became a tightly packed area of vibration, like a sound vibration, or tingling... it was energy only. (this caused zero sensations energetically and was not painful or anything, it was just like "looking at something from another angle") Gripping it hard seemed to cause a more intense vibration. But if I relaxed my grip, this pole started to feel quite physical and solid again.

Wuwt? What was that pole? Was I floating just above my body and anchoring my astral hands onto my main circuit (i.e. my chakras?) I guess it's kind of a kid-like response... to reach out and grip something like a blankie. It was totally fascinating!

CFTraveler
19th March 2007, 02:32 PM
It sounded to me like your astral hands were caressing your sushumma (spelling :? ) or central channel. Maybe before you got aware you were 'adjusting yourself?' That does sound like fun. Let us know if you have any after-effects on your daily waking life.

stargazer
20th March 2007, 01:25 AM
Thanks much for your reply CF

That was indeed my feeling.. that I was holding onto my central channel. Honestly? I don't think I was doing much of anything before I became aware... I came aware, gripping onto the channel. I only caressed it after I became aware of it; I "came to awareness" basically just gripping on for dear life, it felt like. Perhaps I floated out, was consciously aware enough to realize that I was floating, and instinctively reached out to reanchor myself.

It had a very instinctive "Need to reach out and hold something" feeling, like the way you see baby monkeys clinging to mom while sleeping, or a sloth gripping a tree branch, maybe. It's just a very odd sensation to come to, realizing that you're holding onto something that feels external to yourself but rather (very possibly) is an internal part of yourself.

No after-effects... I think this episode was rather an after-effect in itself of just an increased amount of trance and energywork, as I become more aware of my astral body. I notice lately that when I wake up I spend a lot more time in that "inbetween" phase.

What I find fascinating is that it felt like my eyes were closed, but that I had a very "inner" awareness of what was in front of me... like visualizing things in a mental space... and rather than see the bar as it was... I saw the bar as it's best *representation* for how it felt in my hands. Just this dark metal pole in front of me in a gray, shapeless 3D space. Maybe if I had seen myself holding onto my own spine and floating above my body, I would have freaked out. The mind and Higher Self is so fascinating that way, how it sometimes protects us from things we are not ready to see quite yet.