PDA

View Full Version : Do people get bored of obe's?

Astral Exorcist
20th March 2007, 07:32 AM
I don't know about you but by reading peoples experiences. It doesn't sound like it's filled with that much excitement. The expert projectors do not express it. The Happyness.

Im have a feeling that these projectors project so many times that it is just not as exciting as it use to be.

True or False?

CFTraveler
20th March 2007, 12:13 PM
True.
When you project for the first time and don't realize what you're doing, the experience can be scary, hence not boring.
Then you realize what it is and try to learn to control it. The process of learning something new is always interesting, and sometimes blissful (at least to me.)
When you develop some sort of control, the novelty of more frequent projections puts you into a 'exploratory mode'- but the amount exploring can be limited by your mindset and degree of advancement. If you're like me, a fairly frequent projector, but not that knowledgeable, the projections become limited, and once you lose the fear of the baddies, then the experience becomes just that, more of 'the usual'. Which is where I am now.
But it's my fault for not developing any more methods to make the experience more satisfying and interesting, or getting deeper into some sort of discipline to take me somewhere specific. I am now looking to get deeper into it, though.
We'll see how it goes.

Astral Exorcist
20th March 2007, 10:21 PM
CFT that makes me think. It gives me the giggles that people take it naturally that they go threw walls fly around the place as if it was a walk in the park. :D:D

You don't need a rich car that is to darn expensive. The astral body has got to be faster then a fast car.

Very well. It would be well worth making the most out of the astral then.

CFTraveler
20th March 2007, 10:46 PM
a walk in the park. :lol: :lol: More like a flight through the park... :lol:

Astral Exorcist
20th March 2007, 10:51 PM
lol

wstein
21st March 2007, 06:49 AM
I have. At first it was fascinating, expanded my horizons, and I learned a lot. Early on I learned to go to locations the gather information or insight about specific things of interest. After spending much time traveling to very exotic locations, I found that while each one was interesting, it really did not have anything important to offer. One can spend a forever exploring infinity if they want to. I still wander out on occasions just for fun or to find more on a particular subject. For me, my path is more than just travel.

I experienced a similar effect from driving around the country in a motorhome. At first everyplace is new and exciting. There seems to be endless new experiences and things to learn. After a several years and thousands of places, they start to look alike.

Footnote: The Toltecs warn strongly about getting lost in the endless newness of each and every location. Firstly it occupies a lot of time and resources. Secondly (unlike RB) they believe that you will eventually get lost and not find your way home. While not returning is not a problem, if you did not take your complete body(ies) [physical included] with you, you end up in a split state unable to do anything effective. You become trapped.

CEP2plet
20th May 2007, 06:29 PM
OBEs became boring, sure, mainly because I have them every night and sometimes at day time as well. But now I have a renewed interest in them. In fact, I have a renewed interest in a lot of different things all at once. I might have had it right from when I was a kid, just doing what felt most natural to me.

upstream
28th May 2007, 08:05 PM
Don't forget that boredom is above all a state of mind. Boredome tells more about the person's actual state than the situation itself. As we say here, for a newly born baby every joke is new.

artdragondream
29th May 2007, 04:49 AM
I agree that boredom is a state of mind. Its a perspective and possibly a level of consciousness. When we are bored our level of conscience is low we retreat into our thoughts and become anxious for more stimuli to bring us back into a higher state of awareness. This is partially a lack of understanding on our part because we feel we have experienced all there is to experience at this moment. What we don't know is that there is infinity still waiting out there.

Probably one of the problems with OBE and astral projection is it becomes a new source for easy answers. All that knowledge out there is brought right to the experienced projectors fingertips as far as i understand it.

Cant you use this as a new way to challenge yourself? Why don't you use OBE to travel to an alien culture and make it your profession during your sleeping hours to study this new culture. Learn there language and possibly there technology. Find a dead writer and offer to wright his book for him and publish it. Turn the things you do into a project where you need to put some effort into it. Learn from a master how to affect physical matter while out of body and go save peoples lives or even rob a bank. (imagine peoples faces as there money goes floating out of a vault) just kidding. :lol: Then not only will there be discovery but also fulfillment in things you accomplish.

I'll tell you now I CANT WAIT!!!

upstream
30th May 2007, 10:15 PM
I would like to share your enthusiasm, and I agree these are viable possibilities but unfortunately, we are very limited. Not in possibilities, but in choices and time.

CEP2plet
30th May 2007, 10:36 PM
That's the big thing with OBEs is time management, I agree.