PDA

View Full Version : My aunt...

21st March 2007, 02:08 PM
I got a message from my brother saying that my aunt, who is now 85 years old, suddenly seems to be suffering from Alzheimer's. For the past three weeks she has been acting as if this were 1960. Her children are deeply concerned about this.

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
For His mercy endures forever!

CFTraveler
21st March 2007, 03:59 PM
Suddenly? Is she under new medication? I say this because when my grandmother's blood pressure medication was changed (a long long time ago) she started hallucinating. Once they took her off them she stopped.

Dialgo
21st March 2007, 07:19 PM
My prayers are with you, your Aunt and her family.

22nd March 2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks to all... [/*:m:201kde5m]
I have no idea about medication, but that is a good thought and will point it out.[/*:m:201kde5m]

Zak
24th March 2007, 09:44 PM
I will add your aunt to my reiki grid for continuous sending.

27th March 2007, 12:00 AM
I will add your aunt to my reiki grid for continuous sending.
Thanks!![/*:m:qduy7280]
Going back to the question of medication... My brother said that since she had been living alone there was some thought that she may have begun over-medicating herself. But she has been moved to a nursing home and still seems to be confused, etc. the doctors have ruled that out.[/*:m:qduy7280]

CFTraveler
27th March 2007, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.
"May the light of Christ shine on her and clear her mind".

blacktiger057
27th March 2007, 07:30 PM
I will pray as well. A tip for your aunt, although it may be to late at 85: Green Tea is scientifically proven to help people gain memory, stopping people from having memory loss diseases. My greta-aunt was begginning to show signs of Alzheimers and started this and within a year all the signs went away. I hope she and your family don't suffer!

27th March 2007, 11:46 PM
I will pray as well. A tip for your aunt, although it may be to late at 85: Green Tea is scientifically proven to help people gain memory, stopping people from having memory loss diseases. My greta-aunt was begginning to show signs of Alzheimers and started this and within a year all the signs went away. I hope she and your family don't suffer!
Thanks!! Unfortunately, I have no real way of effecting any change to her treatment -- I doubt the so-called experts would be willing to try anything so... radically simple. They are experts, after all, and they wouldn't be experts if simple treatments worked.

In any event, I will pass on the suggestion.

In any event, neither I, nor any of my immediate family will suffer. My cousins may, of course...

11th April 2007, 12:00 AM
This weekend I learned that there is a link between cholesterol lowering drugs and Alzheimer's...

http://www.seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Healt ... ffects.htm (http://www.seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Health/5-12-21-StateSideEffects.htm)

I guess that shows -- once again -- that the drug companies aren't quite what they pretend to be...

hasalameth
11th April 2007, 12:57 AM
It's sad when physical age is taking it's ultimate toll. My prayers are with your Aunt, now and always.

From my heart shines a light,
brighter than any sun, darker than any night,
it heals away all pains and sufferings,
it is made of joy, love and eternal blessings

18th April 2007, 09:45 PM
It's sad when physical age is taking it's ultimate toll. My prayers are with your Aunt, now and always.

From my heart shines a light,
brighter than any sun, darker than any night,
it heals away all pains and sufferings,
it is made of joy, love and eternal blessings
Thanks!!