PDA

View Full Version : An advanced item construct for serious projectors? Work?

astral_neophyte
22nd March 2007, 06:26 PM
I've read a lot about constructs, and learning to make them a more permanent aspect of a projector's experiences, etc...for example creating the same "sword" everytime, eventually it lasts longer, summons quicker and can even be waiting for you when you project (eventually, according to Robert Bruce)

I am nowhere near advanced to do this yet, but I'm wondering if it is possible to create something that will benefit the entire experience...slowly build it every time you project until it provides a lasting benefit, perhaps by allowing the subconscious mind to utilize it as a given....

For example I have a goal to create a ring of "energy transfer", and I will link that ring to my prone etheric body "magically" during the OBE...it will transfer energy to my projected double, granting higher energy and greater stability during projections (in general)

My question is: Can this even work? Are any advanced astral travelers doing anything like this, on the RTZ or the higher planes??

I believe anything that can strengthen and add stability to a projection is a positive thing for spiritual development, not just a carnal meaningless creation to perpetuate fun....surely there is hope for something like this?

Anyone?

kiwibonga
22nd March 2007, 10:00 PM
I thought about creating "devices" out of body... But it made me realize something...

The original idea I had was a "memory cube" ; something that you keep under your pillow and take out whenever you leave the body. It records any experience you may have had, and if you forget an experience, you can go and retrieve it next time you're out, this way memories are never lost.

But the thing is, anything you create is ultimately part of you.

What is to say that this device, which seems independent from you but in actuality is not, will be more reliable than your mind itself?

If you can create a device that serves a particular purpose, it means that your mind can serve that purpose directly, which would mean that devices are not actually needed.

They would serve one main purpose: to strengthen the power of suggestion if you are not confident.

The sword example -- you can cut off anything from your consciousness through thought alone, it's just easier to visualize the act of slashing to "finalize" the action.

Aunt Clair was talking about creating energy cubes around a hospital to channel healing energy over there, I believe. That would be a good example of a genuinely useful construct.

I would say the only truly useful constructs would be ones that allow you to interact with the physical in some way. If the thing you are trying to do is only valuable in the astral, then you can probably do it without a tool.

Astral Exorcist
23rd March 2007, 01:01 AM
I like the idea. Thanks for making this thread.

astral_neophyte
23rd March 2007, 05:19 AM
thanks for your replies...I think I'm gonna give it a shot anyways, anything that can aid me, even if it's ultimately uneeded I think would be a valuable thing...I can always "destroy" it later if it proves useless...

I assume I can.....lol

chips
23rd March 2007, 05:48 AM
i have not had enough AP experience to experiment with using psi constructs, but i can tell you that one night before i went to sleep, i created psi ball and programmed it to hover above me and when it sensed that i suddenly fell asleep, it would hit me and give me a shock to my system (in the hoped of unducing AP). and it kinda worked because something woke me slightly out of sleep and i felt the intense vibrations.

astral_neophyte
23rd March 2007, 08:18 AM
i have not had enough AP experience to experiment with using psi constructs, but i can tell you that one night before i went to sleep, i created psi ball and programmed it to hover above me and when it sensed that i suddenly fell asleep, it would hit me and give me a shock to my system (in the hoped of unducing AP). and it kinda worked because something woke me slightly out of sleep and i felt the intense vibrations.

Hey that's cool....what's the easiest way to create a psi ball, and how much can you really FEEL/PERCEIVE the creation/existence of it?

23rd March 2007, 04:59 PM
Kiwibonga, I found your post particularly interesting. Before I go any further, let me say that I have little to no experience to base my comments on, so they're purely theory.

If you can create a device that serves a particular purpose, it means that your mind can serve that purpose directly, which would mean that devices are not actually needed.

Assuming that your reference to "mind" includes both the conscious and subconscious minds, could constructs be looked at as more of a link between these two minds (or aspects of)? In this sense, the creation of a construct would be the training or conditioning of the subconscious mind, and the concept assigned to the created construct would the conscious mind's "link" to the constructs underlying function.

So in your example of a "memory cube", the cube itself doesn't actually store any memories (which I think agrees with what your were saying) but is merely a tool to be used by the conscious mind to facilitate easier access to the subconscious mind's ability to remember everything. Presumably, it would always be possible for our conscious mind to retrieve these memories, though in some cases it would require a significant amount of work to find and navigate to these memories. The construct simply provides a shortcut to them.

Perhaps this is what you were getting at towards the end of your post, so forgive me if I'm rehashing what you were already saying. Again, I have no experience to base this on; just thought it was interesting to think about.

AN, hope I didn't diverge too far from your original topic.

Cheers! :)

chips
24th March 2007, 06:12 AM

Hey that's cool....what's the easiest way to create a psi ball, and how much can you really FEEL/PERCEIVE the creation/existence of it?
the answer to both of your questions are: it differs from person to person. some people can perceive their psi balls by seeing them (flaring), sensing them, feeling warmth, feeling cool, and feeling a magnetic pull inbetween your hands. i personally feel the magnetic pull. the easiest way to make a psi ball (for me, at least) is to open up my hands and put them a few inches away from eachother, and visualize energy coming from my solar plexus chakra, going through my arms, and coming out through my hands and combining into a tight ball of psi. there are many different ways and visualizations you can use to manipulate psi.

kiwibonga
25th March 2007, 02:14 AM
Assuming that your reference to "mind" includes both the conscious and subconscious minds, could constructs be looked at as more of a link between these two minds (or aspects of)? In this sense, the creation of a construct would be the training or conditioning of the subconscious mind, and the concept assigned to the created construct would the conscious mind's "link" to the constructs underlying function.

So in your example of a "memory cube", the cube itself doesn't actually store any memories (which I think agrees with what your were saying) but is merely a tool to be used by the conscious mind to facilitate easier access to the subconscious mind's ability to remember everything. Presumably, it would always be possible for our conscious mind to retrieve these memories, though in some cases it would require a significant amount of work to find and navigate to these memories. The construct simply provides a shortcut to them.

Yeah, pretty much, though it's not really a shortcut, it's more of a detour compared to "direct access" :p