PDA

View Full Version : Dream Recording

Ascendant
13th September 2005, 12:51 PM
The dream journal part of this program is being a little problematic right now. Usually the only dreams I can remember are the ones I was having right before I wake up.

During the night, though, my mind will wake up to some degree after various dreams and I'll think: "Ok. I have to remember this dream for my dream journal." And then I remember the details in this state of mind, and go to my next dream. But even though I remember doing this, I don't remember the dream I remember myself remembering! If I actually woke up during this time I'd write the details down, but it's only my mind that wakes up inside the dream-state, and then goes back to sleep when the next dream comes. Any ideas on how to overcome this?

nightserpent
13th September 2005, 01:25 PM
If you are practicing MAP, do you read the affirmations? I try to memorize each week's affirmation and repeat it to myself thirty times (both in the morning and evening). Some of the early ones have been about 'faithfully remembering to write down key words', I think it helped me, but it usually takes a few days for the affimations to start to sink in.

I do lose some, though, because I am usually still tired when I wake up in the middle of the night. "I should write this down before I forget", I say to myself as I fade off into sleep. I have to combat laziness and force myself to write down the key words. If I don't, I find I end up regretting the loss of a memory in the morning.

I would agree, too, that the majority of my remembered dreams are closer to when I wake up for good. At least I think it is so because of the light level when I am writing key words down.

My recent challenge is trying to decipher some of my key words. Sometimes they end up to not be enough to help me remember, or they are completely illegible. I'm afraid to use too much light to write, as it might wake me up too much and make it harder to get back to sleep.