PDA

View Full Version : Healing Hypothesis

Ascendant
15th September 2005, 01:11 AM
I was reading MAP recently and came across the tip where Robert suggests using energy raising to support the immune system. He said that concentrating specifically on the thighs will help.

I found this very interesting, because the thighs are where the largest bones of the body are. This means, consequently, that the largest amount of marrow is located there. Marrow is the producer of leukocytes, or white blood cells, which comprise a key part of the immune system. Therefore, I hypothesize that raising energy through that area will cause the stem cells in marrow to produce leukocytes.

This, of course, brings up the question of what else we can do with energy. Stem cells can produce any kind of cell in the body. Marrow specifically can produce blood, bone, cartilage, and fat. If raising energy through marrow really does produce leukocytes, then surely we could produce any type of cell, regenerating almost every part of the body.

Any ideas/debate/opinions on this?

Quantitativefool
15th September 2005, 08:55 PM
That is a really interesting theory on that. I have never personally tried raising energy there to support the immune system, but from what you said, that would be a very logical hypothesis. Any experiences? Anyone?

-Stu

16th September 2005, 12:14 AM
That sounds scary. Suppose some stem cells decide to become something I don't need, like cancer? Or maybe I start growing hair on the palms of my hands? Not good...

oath
16th September 2005, 01:24 AM
ya actually i just started healing and have been having success and I do notice the thighs for some reason but I ignore them in favor of other things. I am going to try this though.

16th September 2005, 03:16 PM
One would think that if you are having success, you would continue with what works? :)

Well, maybe not. I know what desperation means, having suffered from long standing problems, myself. :cry: I do suggest that you leave your stem cells alone. It's one thing to stimulate the immune system. It's another to start playing with fire.

I can not, of course, heal you. But I shall pray for your recovery. May Blessed Alphonsa of India will remember you!

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
For His mercy endures forever!
See Blessed Alphonsa in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessed_Alphonsa).

Crispassion
16th September 2005, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone! I would just like to add my experiences with this method here. Ever since Robert first suggested this method of working with your immune system, at his workshop in December last year, I have been using it. At the time Robert gave the reasons you mention in your original post Ascendant - ie, bone marrow/white blood cells etc. He said specifically to bounce your awareness through the thighs deep into the marrrow if you can, from knee to hip joint, as fast as you can without losing awareness of the points in between, intensely, for up to ten or more minutes. If you do this at the very beginning of catching a cold/chill, it will very often clear up immediately! I have tried this several times and it works! I also like to incorporate it into my regular energy practises to support my immune system, which can be overactive (overly sensitive) at times.

Another idea I recommend is to stimulate the thymus region (above the physical heart) as this is also an important area of the immune system. Don't forget that the pelvis is also a significant mass of bone (and hence bone marrow) in a circular shape (so you can whizz the energy around the hoop!) as are the upper arm bones (humeri) and tibia (shin bones). There is a form of Chi Kung which focuses especially on the bone marrow in all the skeletal structures - bone marrow nei kung - so this ties in well with Chinese systems/knowledge.

Cris.

Ascendant
16th September 2005, 06:49 PM
Ever since Robert first suggested this method of working with your immune system, at his workshop in December last year, I have been using it. At the time Robert gave the reasons you mention in your original post Ascendant - ie, bone marrow/white blood cells etc.

Darn! I'd hoped that I had invented the idea. :wink:

Ah well. It's interesting to know that that was the reason behind his advice. It's also good to have the info you provided. What would be interesting would be trying this out and testing someone with medical equipment to see just what, exactly, is going on.

There are, according to modern medical science, stem cells all over the place. Perhaps we could use these to replenish brain cells, for example, or liver cells, or kidney cells, etc. The hard part would be finding the right techniques, but if we can generate leukocytes, we should be able to create the other things as well.

michemja
16th September 2005, 07:07 PM
Therefore, I hypothesize that raising energy through that area will cause the stem cells in marrow to produce leukocytes.

Hello. I've been reading these forums for a couple of months now, and I just joined because I thought this was really interesting.

I'm a long time meditator, and I started to do energy work specifically (to learn healing) around the beginning of July. I've been using Quantum Touch which is very similar to NEW; you basically 'sweep' enegy in through your feet to your head then out through your hands while deep breathing. I've been doing that for about half an hour a day before I sleep with the intention of distance healing on someone.

In the middle of July I followed a link from the Quantum Touch forums to here and I discovered NEW I've been working on the centers in my hands and feet since then, for about 5-10 minutes a day, but haven't gone any further yet. With both these methods I had immediate success in that I felt all the energy sensations and movements straight away.

The point is that I just had my annual medical at the beginning of September, and got the results back a couple of days ago with the comment "Leukocytosis - consult your doctor"

I'm one of those really lucky people who is never ill, despite working in a fairly infectious environment (60 2-3 year olds who are constantly being sick or coughing on me or having runny noses etc) I never catch a cold and my last headache was probably over 2 years ago. I 'know' I'm not ill now and I haven't had any sort of infection to explain the high white blood cell count.

My analysis says that the normal level is 4-12,000 per mm3 of blood is normal, mine was 12,470. For the previous 2 years it has been around 7,500.

Also, the white cells still have the right balance; the percentages for each of the 5 types of white blood cell that make up the total composition are all within the normal ranges, so it seems to be a uniform increase. My red cells are all within the normal ranges and everything else in the analysis is normal.

Michelle

Quantitativefool
17th September 2005, 06:23 PM
That's very interesting to know, It's good to know there is a scientific 'thing' that happens (increase of blood cells) but it's also good to know that we should, if we continue using this for a long time, at least have a check up to make sure nothing is very abnormal. Thanks for your post.

-Stu

19th September 2005, 03:40 PM
The point is that I just had my annual medical at the beginning of September, and got the results back a couple of days ago with the comment "Leukocytosis - consult your doctor"

My analysis says that the normal level is 4-12,000 per mm3 of blood is normal, mine was 12,470. For the previous 2 years it has been around 7,500.

From what I understand, elevated white blood cell count could mean that either you have an infection or leukemia. On the other hand, from what you say, 12,470 is not that much more than 12,000. So maybe you just have an over-sensitive immune system. That could help in fighting disease -- or it could lead to an autoimmune syndrome of some sort, such as rheumatoid arthritis. Perhaps you should see a rheumatologist?

Ascendant
19th September 2005, 06:15 PM
From what I understand, elevated white blood cell count could mean that either you have an infection or leukemia.

Or, perhaps Michelle has simply increased her leukocyte count by doing those energy exercises, as I posited in my hypothesis, in which case there shouldn't be a problem.

If it was an infection, then only one particular kind of leukocyte would increase, but she said that every type did in the correct proportion to each other. If she had leukemia, the symptoms would not be only high leukocyte count, but also cancer in the marrow, lack of blood platelets, and a reduction in the production of red blood cells, none of which she reported. So I doubt that it is either of those causes.

19th September 2005, 10:36 PM
There are, according to modern medical science, stem cells all over the place. Perhaps we could use these to replenish brain cells, for example, or liver cells, or kidney cells, etc. The hard part would be finding the right techniques, but if we can generate leukocytes, we should be able to create the other things as well.

Where do we go with this?

About three weeks ago, I burned my hand. (It was a minor burn, nothing to get excited about.) Perhaps my body mobilized stem cells to help heal the injury. There is now a small scar where that injury once was. Probably no one would notice it except myself.

Personally, I do not much care whether stem cells were involved in healing the burn. I am happy enough seeing that it has healed.

I suppose, though, it might be important to a doctor to know the part, if any, that stem cells may have in healing a burn.

But perhaps you are looking for something more dramatic than generating a bit of scar tissue to cover a burn? Perhaps you are thinking of 'creating' whole arms or legs or whatever? Such a thing would be orders of magnitude more complex than healing a burn.

Is it possible to regenerate an amputated limb using NEW? Let's keep it simple and ask whether it's possible to regenerate a tooth that had been pulled out. A tooth, after all, is much smaller than an arm or a leg. Is that what you are looking for, perhaps replacing a missing tooth?

I wouldn't say it's impossible. It does seem like a bit of a stretch, however.

Ascendant
20th September 2005, 12:57 AM
A stretch? Yes, perhaps. But there are many who'd say that generating leukocytes by thought alone was impossible, or that seperation of mind and body was insane and delusional. Until we test the limits of the real, we won't find what is truly possible.

Of course, it might not be acheivable for quite some time to do the things you suggested, due to the lack of adequate techniques. Has anyone here heard of the term biokinesis? Supposedly it is modification of the body using psi or energy. Some claim to be able to change their eye color, among other things.

20th September 2005, 05:29 PM
There are people who would love to change their fingerprints...

Ascendant
20th September 2005, 06:00 PM
Interesting idea.