PDA

View Full Version : holding on to lucid dreams

U-Mos
31st March 2007, 03:06 PM
well this morning i had a weird dream, it was running a way from some team rocket it was even part of it on the DS and it switched to a realistic dream kind of thing, there was also a really magestic cut picture. but when i wished i could fight back or what ever i realized it was a dream and it turned into a very good lucid dream (i was flying like storm dose on x-men) and i remembered to yell find body and was thinking don't get stuck but i was really surprised that all that happened was that i was over my house and the sky turned to night and i woke up

is there any way to hold on to your lucid dreams or prevent your self from waking up.

CFTraveler
31st March 2007, 03:15 PM
I have heard that to hold on to a lucid dream you should try to focus on some detail of the dream when you feel you're 'losing it.' It may work.

U-Mos
31st March 2007, 07:11 PM
that sounds like a good tip, thanks

wstein
1st April 2007, 07:39 AM
One thing I do is to keep reminding myself (within the dream) to remember after I am awake. Its very easy to get caught back up in the flow of the dream and forget even before the dream is over.

Another thing that helps is to develop the 'observer'. Since the observer is not involved in the dream itself, it is usually less distracted and more likely to keep focus on reminding your conscious self after waking up.