PDA

View Full Version : What will you do after physical death?

Tempestinateapot
31st March 2007, 07:10 PM
I'll be quoting from one of the Seth books. I, personally, think that much of what is said in these quotes is true. I'm sharing because I find it really useful information, particularly for those who might fear death, or for those who have a desire to skip past much of the illusions we can trap ourselves in after death and therefore get on with creating our new existence. Feel free to debate, but I won't be participating in any "debates", as I'm comfortable with this knowledge. I might make some comments in regards to the material. There is a lot of info, so I'll be posting a number of different times.

Seth speaks about a "time of choosing", which is that time when we have evolved past earthly illusions and the desire to stay within the earth's particular system. At that point, we have many options open to us, and it's all based on our choice. All of the quotes are from the book, "Seth Speaks, The Eternal Validity of the Soul", by Jane Roberts. In each quote, it is the disembodied entity, Seth, who is speaking by means of channeling through Jane Roberts.
__________________________________________________ _____

"This is the time you perceive as death. What you want to know, therefore, is what happens when your consciousness is directed away from physical reality, and when, mometarily, it seems to have no image to wear.

Quite practicually speaking, there is no one answer, for each of you is an individual. Generally speaking, of course, there is an answer that will serve to cover main issues of this experience, but the kinds of deaths have much to do with the experience that consciousness undergoes. Also involved is the development of the consciousness itself and it's over-all characteristic method of handling experience.

The ideas that you have involving the nature of reality will strongly color your experiences, for you will interpret them in the light of your beliefs, even as now you interpret daily life according to your ideas of what is possible or not possible.

The fear of death itself can cause such a psychological panic that out of a sense of self-preservation and defense you lower your consciousness so that you are in a state of coma, and you may take some time to recover.

A belief in hell fires can cause you to hallucinate Hade's conditions. A belief in a sterotypical heaven can result in a hallucination of heavenly conditions. You always form your own reality according to your ideas and expectations. This is the nature of consciousness in whatever reality it finds itself. Such hallucinations, I assure you, are temporary.

Consciousness must use it's abilities. The boredom and stagnation of a sterotypical heaven will not for long content the striving consciousness. There are teachers to explain the conditions and circumstances. You are not left alone, therefore, lost in mazes of hallucination. You may or may not realize immediately that you are dead in physical terms.

Experiences with projection of consciousness and knowledge of the mobility of consciousness, are therefore very helpful as preparations for death. You can experience the after-death environment beforehand, and learn the conditions that will be encountered. (pages 119 and 120)

Now, for those of you who are lazy, I can offer no hope. Death will not bring you an eternal resting place. You may rest, if you wish, for a while. Not only must you use your abilities after death, however, but you must face up to yourself for those that you did not use during your previous existence.

Now, you may or may not be greeted by friends or relatives immediately following death. This is a personal matter, as always. Overall, you may be far more interested in people that you have known in past lives than those close to you in the present one, for example. (page 121)

You do not pretend to love a parent who did little to earn your respect or love. Telepathy operates without distortion in this after-death period, so you must deal with the true relationships that exist between yourself and all relatives and friends who await you. You will not automatically be wise if you were not so before, but neither will there be a way to hide from your own feelings, emotions, or motives. Whether or not you accept inferior motives in yourself or learn from them is still up to you. The opportunities for growth and development are very rich.

You examine the fabric of the existence that you have left, and you learn how to understand your experiences were the result of your own thoughts and emotions and how these affected others. Until this examination is through, you are not yet aware of the larger portions of your identity. When you realize the significance and meaning of the life you have just left, then you are ready for conscious knowledge of your other existences.

You become aware, then, of an expanded awareness. What you are begins to include what you have been in other lives, and you begin to make plans for your next physical existence, if you decide upon one. You can instead enter another level of reality, and then return to a physical existence if you choose." (page 122)

A teaser for the next post...

"The time of choosing is dependent upon the condition and circumstances of the individual following transition from physical life. Some take longer than others to understand the true situation.

Others must be divested of many impeding ideas and symbols. The time of choosing may happen almost immediately, in your terms, or it may be put off for a much longer period while training is carried on. The main impediments standing in the way of the time of choosing are, of course, the faulty ideas harbored by any given individual." (pages 158, 159)

Palehorse Redivivus
31st March 2007, 09:13 PM
I've been reading Seth Speaks lately; good stuff, that.

As for what I'd do... good question. The short of it is that I'll probably be taking a long vacation. Create myself a nice place somewhere to relax and operate from (assuming it's not already there or I don't create it before I die), and do a lot of hanging out and catching up with anyone I know who's already there. Learn more about the nature of everything, at my leisure. Exist as a wandering visitor of various systems, including earth, to have whatever experiences I want to have. But no more frickin incarnative cycles for a while. :P

CFTraveler
31st March 2007, 11:01 PM
I liked the Seth books. Even if he did keep calling her Ruburt.

Astral Exorcist
1st April 2007, 08:29 AM
I really enjoyed reading the thread. Thankyou

faerylight
1st April 2007, 05:03 PM
Sometimes, I cannot wait for this incarnation to be over, lol. "Earth Duty" has not been my fave so far. :)

I would like to go to a realm that's much more positive and much more advanced. I have a feeling I have spent a lot of time in a place like that in previous incarnations and would like to go back. :)

I was also thinking of being someone's guide, that this incarnation is part of the schooling for that. But maybe I'm just trying to make some sense out of all the crap I have been through, because I want to believe that all the pain and misery I have experienced has a positive point to it - to help others later on (linear time again, hard to put it into words of all things happening concurrently). Part of me does not want to think it's all just random happenstance, but, maybe it is. :|

I do also wonder about if where you are at in your soul's journey is reflected in how human children develop and are educated - meaning similarities are to be found in those who are at similar stages of development. Kindergarten, we all finger paint. Junior High, we all start learning Algebra. College, we all start specializing in our field of study.

I don't believe in heaven or hell at all. I do wonder if we, this incarnation's consciousness, gets downloaded and assimilated back into the Higher Self. Seems that process can take some time, depending whether or not someone is fragmented, what their beliefs were while alive, etc.

Interesting thread. :)

CFTraveler
1st April 2007, 06:01 PM
fl wrote:
I would like to go to a realm that's much more positive and much more advanced. I have a feeling I have spent a lot of time in a place like that in previous incarnations and would like to go back.
Maybe you were bored. As hard to believe as that is.
There is an author (Mira knows the name) that proposes that our essence gets divided, one having no memories, just the joy of being, the other the one that carries the memories and creates the 'in between' existence, and at the end (what ever the 'end' may be) if we have integrated our conscious mind with our subconscious to an extent they can be reintegrated. It's a somewhat similar (but with a different viewpoint) idea that what Monroe explored with soul rescues and his idea that we were here (and astral projection was a means to) integrate our left and right brain processes, to bring a little 'consciousness' to the world of the 'subconscious' (which is how he saw the astral when he formulated these ideas.)
And of course, it reminds me of some things in the Gospel of Thomas about reconciling the inner with the outer. It all seems to point to the same idea, more or less.

Tempestinateapot
4th May 2007, 08:47 PM
More cool info, basically about how to get in touch with yourself:

"Personality changes whether it is within a body or outside of it, so you will change after death as you change before it. In those terms, it is ridiculous to insist upon remaining as you are now, after death. It is the same as a child saying: 'I am going to grow up, but I am never going to change the ideas that I have now.' The multidimensional qualities of the psyche allow it to experience an endless realm of dimensions. Experience in one dimension in no way negates existence in another.

You have been trying to squeeze the soul into tight concepts of the nature of existence, making it follow your limited beliefs. The door to the soul is open, and it leads to all the dimensions of experience.

If you think, however, that the self as you know it is the end or summation of yourself, then you also imagine your soul to be a limited entity bounded by it's present ventures in one life alone, to be judged accordingly after death on the performance of a few paltry years.

In many ways this is a cozy concept, though to some it can be quite frightening with its connotations of eternal damnation. It is far too tidy an idea, however, to hint at the rich embellishments that are at the heart of divine creativitiy. The soul stands both within and without the fabric of physical life as you know it.

You will not find yourself by running from teacher to teacher, from book to book. You will not meet yourself through following any particular specialized method of meditation. Only by looking quietly within the self that you know can your own reality be experienced, with those connections that exist between the present or immediate self and the inner identity that is multidimensional.

There must be a willingness, and acquiescence, a desire. If you do not take the time to examine your own subjective states, then you cannot complain if so many answers seem to elude you. You cannot throw the burden of proof upon another, or expect a man or teacher to prove to you the validity of your own existence. Such a procedure is bound to lead you into one subjective trap after another.

...the doorways are open. You have only to experience the moment as you know it as fully as possible - as it exists physically within the room, or outside in the streets of the city in which you live. Imagine the experience present in one moment of time over the globe, then try to aprecciate the subjective experience of your own that exists in the moment and yet escapes it - and this mutiplied by each living individual.

This exercise alone will open your perceptions, increase your awareness and automatically expand your appreciation of your own nature. The "you" who is capable of such expansion must be a far more creative and multidimensional personality than you earlier imagined.
(Pages 363 - 365)

bad buddhist
18th May 2007, 04:47 AM
Now, for those of you who are lazy, I can offer no hope. Death will not bring you an eternal resting place. You may rest, if you wish, for a while. Not only must you use your abilities after death, however, but you must face up to yourself for those that you did not use during your previous existence.

I'm getting old and tired...and lazier. I wish for a substantial period of rest and renewal because living is such a shock. I would like to take long, peaceful naps, divided by short periods of dreaming during which I could hear Jerry Butler sing "For Your Precious Love", then fall back to sleep.

What if we didn't use our abilities because conditions during earth life led us to believe we weren't good enough to actually perform those things that we loved but had no confidence in?

Korpo
18th May 2007, 09:23 AM
I would not despair. You sound a bit like it. ;)

You are good enough, it is always you making the decision. Your mind is always there, and growing personal maturity is always possible.

I do understand of course that not all people have the same amount of difficulty in life. This is not to belittle any of your difficulties! I just something can always be done - the work will not be lost.

The period of inter-life healing and renewal is there for a reason, I think. I find it soothing to think that the people I have lost came to a better place to recover and start their lives again with a somewhat-clean slate.

As long as you make some progress, be it as small as can be, your life is part of the big progress you're trying to make over all of your lives. No need to think bad of the amount - if anything is done at all, it will sum up.

Take good care,
Oliver

alwayson4
20th September 2008, 11:20 PM
Read RB's sharp criticism towards Seth in the complete works pdf here:

http://astraldynamics.com/library/?BoardID=136

go to page 551 of 811 and start reading for the next few pages.

CFTraveler
21st September 2008, 06:49 PM
His criticism is not specifically of Seth, but of his/her ideas about the reality of evil entities and how they affect people. I'm not aware of any conflicts in Robert's ideas about the afterlife and the ideas proposed by some New Agers, Seth or someone else specifically. Do you have a problem with Seth's writings in their entirety because they disagree with your beliefs, or because Robert doesn't agree with them? I'd be interested in what about the above posts (about the afterlife) you have a problem with, besides the fact that Jane Roberts said so.

alwayson4
22nd September 2008, 05:12 AM
I'm not aware of any conflicts in Robert's ideas about the afterlife and the ideas proposed by some New Agers, Seth or someone else specifically.

Robert has numerous conflicts with New Age beliefs, one notable example being linear reincarnation. I am not going to speak for Robert beyond that. I suggest reading that whole pdf (with focus starting around page 538 of 811) for more of his criticisms, it is very good. I put it on the same level of Astral Dynamics in some ways.

Now, personally MY beliefs are these spirits are mostly negs. Even so called "guides" are negs. I understand the appeal of the New Age, but if you want something truly nourishing, I would study Dzogchen teachings, which are the highest teachings of Buddism. The 'Power of Now,' as far as I can tell, is actually a Dzogchen text, even if Eckhart Tolle doesn't realize it.

Also I personally believe, we have NO choice whether we reincarnate or not. Unless you...

Korpo
22nd September 2008, 07:13 AM
Now, personally MY beliefs are these spirits are mostly negs. Even so called "guides" are negs.

That's why it's called a belief. I doubt you have any real observations even remotely indicating this.

Oliver

ButterflyWoman
22nd September 2008, 08:32 AM
Robert has numerous conflicts with New Age beliefs, one notable example being linear reincarnation.
I, too, believe in non-linear incarnation, but this is only because I know for certain that time is an illusion. I don't think Robert's views "conflict" with the idea of linear incarnation, but is just a somewhat expanded view, seen from outside linear time.

I also don't believe that most or all spirit entities intend harm. What about angels? Saints? Ascended masters? A good many people have had spiritual encounters with beings of this sort and come away from it blessed.

CFTraveler
22nd September 2008, 02:30 PM
Always on, my comment was not intended to have an argument about what beliefs are valid and which are not- it's just that I've noticed that you're posting in these forums quoting Robert's beliefs or lack of them as some sort of criticism in regards to the material. I'm pretty much sure I have some idea (as are a lot of the people in this forum) about what he thinks or believes (or rather, doesn't), because I know that he doesn't adopt beliefs about everything in an inmutable way, and is very openminded, and even recommends people not get too married to their own beliefs (as he illustrates in his catch-basket concept writings).
It's just that I would prefer that you came in with your own beliefs or lack of them, instead of quoting them as a basis for criticism.
In other words, I'd rather hear what you think, because most of us already know what Robert thinks.

alwayson4
22nd September 2008, 03:42 PM
I believe in working with the higher self only, and not dabbling with spirits, or taking advice from them.

I would listen to, but not necessarily take advice from, dieties on the seventh astral plane and higher, ONLY, if I was sure I made it there. It is VERY hard to make it there, so it is a moot point for me.

From my Buddist point of view, even these dieties are trapped in samsara and are often more deluded that people. That is why they pray to be born as human. So it comes back to working with the higher self only.

alwayson4
22nd September 2008, 04:05 PM
Robert has numerous conflicts with New Age beliefs, one notable example being linear reincarnation.
I also don't believe that most or all spirit entities intend harm. What about angels? Saints? Ascended masters? A good many people have had spiritual encounters with beings of this sort and come away from it blessed.

I agree about angels. But they rarley rarely interfere with human life.

My comment was mainly regarding those spirits, which have a prolonged and sustained contact with particular humans.

Mishell
22nd September 2008, 04:17 PM
I agree about angels. But they rarley rarely interfere with human life.

I have to disagree with you here. I see angels all the time. Yes, real angels.

I'm not sure what you mean by "interfere". Every time I see an ambulance, there are angels leading or surrounding it. I see them around at non-emergency times as well. It's almost as if they want to be seen; that somehow just knowing they are around will bring peace and comfort to us.

I see them everyday, so I guess I don't know what you mean by "rarely rarely" either.

Neil Templar
22nd September 2008, 04:27 PM
I see them everyday,

hey Mishell, how do you perceive them? by that i mean how do they "look" to you?
I've had a number of dreams/experiences lately where i've been with angels and have been one of them on a few occasions.
each time they've looked like humans with beautiful big wings, the "standard" sort of angel image i guess.
yet when i've been meditating, and have visualised them around me, they seem much more like beings of intense light, with a vaguely human form...

Mishell
22nd September 2008, 05:23 PM
There are different kinds of angels, and I have seen them several different ways. But I couldn't tell you the classification of the angels I have seen except one.

There is one angel in particular that I have seen quite a few times. He looks like a person, although not in physical form. I have never seen him with wings. He is my guardian angel. It is strange to me because I did not grow up being taught we had guardian angels so it was a surprise. I have not found any information on it, but because I saw this same angel (as I was dying) in a past life regression, I believe that we must have the same one from one incarnation to the next.

I have seen them in human form as well. One time I was in my car driving past a vacant lot. I looked to the side and there was a baglady pushing a shopping cart full of stuff. She waved at me and put off such a fantastic feeling of love. I quickly looked in my rearview mirror to get another look at her but she was gone. We were in front of a vacant lot, so there was nowhere for her to go if she had been a real person. I pulled the car over and started crying, it was such a beautiful experience.

The angels that I see around ambulances and at other times are very big, maybe 10-15 feet tall. They all look the same, non-gender, wearing robes, have huge wings. They look like energy that is trying to appear human, if that makes sense. They are almost blurry looking, yet clear.

What I see most often are little glimmers of light. Some people call them fairy lights. To me, they have the same feel that the other angels do, that's why I call them angels. When I make a special point to ask for more angels, I always end up seeing more of them. There have even been time where I started to see more of these lights when I haven't asked for them, only to find out later from a friend that she had asked for more angels for me without me knowing. This made both of us stop and say WOW.

Neil Templar
22nd September 2008, 05:43 PM
cool! 8)

alwayson4
22nd September 2008, 11:56 PM
Is there a way to learn to seen angels?

Mishell
23rd September 2008, 01:22 AM
For me it was just a natural side effect of clearing a lot of stagnant emotional energy then working on my chakras. The process took years.

Clairvoyance was never really my goal, but I do enjoy that I'm able to see things that are not physical.

boris
24th September 2008, 05:01 PM
how exactly did you go about clearing the stagnant emotional energy? I see it written often that you have to 'process' it or 'come to terms with it' but im not exactly sure what this entails. I tend to revisit the corresponding event in my memory and simply re-live it, facing up to what is repressed. when this happens I can feel the energy knots shift slightly. Is the idea just to keep this up (years) combined with energy work in the effected areas?

alwayson4
25th September 2008, 04:55 PM
Contrary, to western belief, if you relive traumatic events, you only traumatize yourself more.

The best way to heal the past, is staying on the razor edge of NOW. I would like to hear Mishell's answer though.

Korpo
25th September 2008, 05:56 PM
boris,

Facing what is inside it instead of habitually shifting away from it is a very good way to release. It's the avoidance that perpetuates it. Wherever awareness shines, it will also help getting over it. Holding on to something is like turning away from it, refusing to acknowledge its existence. Turning your awareness towards something helps dissolve its grip on your awareness.

I think what you are doing is heading into the right direction. Avoid also falling into the trap that your mind tells you stories about what is going on. That shifts awareness away from it. Not the stories are important, nor the thoughts. What you can feel, what you can perceive, the underlying energies, that's important.

It can take its time, but like any skill it will also improve with use. Also, the cleaner your system gets, the better your ability to release will be and what you can let go of.

Take good care,
Oliver

star
25th September 2008, 06:38 PM
Alwayson, I only want to make a suggestion, many totemic spirit creatures are seperate enities themselves. If you run across one it would be a good idea to keep contact with it. I just thought I'd mention it since you normally wouldn't 'speak' to spirits. I suppose you've had a bad experience that lead to this line of thinking?

sleeper
25th September 2008, 10:00 PM
Does anyone remember what they have done after physical death?

I bet Aunt Claire remembers a lot of it.

alwayson4
25th September 2008, 10:44 PM
I also forgot.

Do not forget core image removal in trance! This method is supposed to be the best.

alwayson4
25th September 2008, 10:47 PM
boris,

Facing what is inside it instead of habitually shifting away from it is a very good way to release. It's the avoidance that perpetuates it. Wherever awareness shines, it will also help getting over it. Holding on to something is like turning away from it, refusing to acknowledge its existence. Turning your awareness towards something helps dissolve its grip on your awareness.

I think what you are doing is heading into the right direction. Avoid also falling into the trap that your mind tells you stories about what is going on. That shifts awareness away from it. Not the stories are important, nor the thoughts. What you can feel, what you can perceive, the underlying energies, that's important.

It can take its time, but like any skill it will also improve with use. Also, the cleaner your system gets, the better your ability to release will be and what you can let go of.

Take good care,
Oliver

I completely agree. You do not avoid. But staying in the razor's edge of NOW, does not necessarily mean avoidance.

alwayson4
25th September 2008, 10:52 PM
Alwayson, I only want to make a suggestion, many totemic spirit creatures are seperate enities themselves. If you run across one it would be a good idea to keep contact with it. I just thought I'd mention it since you normally wouldn't 'speak' to spirits. I suppose you've had a bad experience that lead to this line of thinking?

I have no problem interacting with spirits in the astral with caution. I would NOT take advice from them, or let them lead my life, or channel them though.

There IS a line. Many spirits are completely deluded which is easy in the astral unfortunately. Imagine all the deluded things you do while dreaming.......similar idea

If you can do the high level projection technique and reach a high plane, I would certainly be more inclined to listen to what dieties there have to say.

Korpo
27th September 2008, 08:06 AM
There IS a line. Many spirits are completely deluded which is easy in the astral unfortunately. Imagine all the deluded things you do while dreaming.......similar idea

So, have you ever actually talked to a spirit entity in the astral to actually confirm this in the least? Have you personally communicated with several ones to be even able to make that claim?

Oliver

Neil Templar
27th September 2008, 11:54 AM
"And don't spend your time lookin' around / For something you want that can't be found
When you find out you can live without it / And go along not thinkin' about it
I'll tell you something true / The bare necessities of life will come to you." - The Jungle Book, "The Bare Necessities"

lovin your signature right now Oliver. 8)

Korpo
27th September 2008, 11:55 AM

Thanks. 8) It's one of my childhood's favorite movies. :)

Oliver

Mishell
27th September 2008, 05:17 PM

Oliver

Childhood favorites? We just rented it last week. :mrgreen:

Korpo
27th September 2008, 05:18 PM

Oliver

To revive childhood memories, obviously. :P

Oliver

Neil Templar
27th September 2008, 05:22 PM

Oliver

yeah me too.
one of disney's finest moments IMO.

Mishell
27th September 2008, 05:48 PM
how exactly did you go about clearing the stagnant emotional energy? I see it written often that you have to 'process' it or 'come to terms with it' but im not exactly sure what this entails. I tend to revisit the corresponding event in my memory and simply re-live it, facing up to what is repressed. when this happens I can feel the energy knots shift slightly. Is the idea just to keep this up (years) combined with energy work in the effected areas?

I spent my whole life reliving the things that caused me pain. This never helped clear anything out. It only created problems with my health.

Without realizing what I was doing when I started, I began removing energy blocks in my emotional energy layer. This led to changes in my physical body.

I realized that I was never going to feel better physically if I kept holding on to anger for the things that happened to me. I went on a major self-help campaign of forgiveness. I made lists and lists of all the people that ever slighted me, made me feel bad, called me names, hurt me physically or emotionally, etc. I would say their name and tell them that I would make no excuse for the things they did to me, but I didn't want to give them any more of my energy, so they are forgiven.

There was a point on my list when I discovered that some of these people may think that I needed to be forgiven too, for things that I had done. So i made more lists of people who I may have hurt. I would send my thoughts out to that person and ask them to forgive me. If I felt the slightest bit of resistance from them I left them on the list. There are still some people on that list.

What is funny about this is after I started the list, I began running in to people that were on the list. People that I hadn't seen in years were showing up and I was able to appologise to them in person. Even when their responce was, "Oh my gosh, that was a really long time ago..." It still made us both feel better.

This was very tough emotional work, and it took years. I am sure I could have taken a shortcut somehow by just doing energy work of some kind, but that would have bennefited myself only. What I did actually helped the other person as well.

Palehorse Redivivus
27th September 2008, 09:33 PM

Now I'm having visions of Oliver bouncing around the house singing Bare Necessities, scratching his back on the furniture and whatnot. *disturbed* :shock: :lol:

27th September 2008, 09:37 PM

Now I'm having visions of Oliver bouncing around the house singing Bare Necessities, scratching his back on the furniture and whatnot. *disturbed* :shock: :lol:

...like you do then.... :mrgreen:

Korpo
28th September 2008, 06:45 AM

We still have some overripe bananas that just call for the squeeze a la King Louie... *yuck*

Oliver

velvet
14th December 2008, 05:29 AM
Such a shame that as humans we are stuck in one place. I want to go back and travel different universes. As you can tell, I find this place very boring every single day. Imagination is the only thing that is keeping it alive.

Jaco
14th December 2008, 10:00 AM
Such a shame that as humans we are stuck in one place. I want to go back and travel different universes. As you can tell, I find this place very boring every single day. Imagination is the only thing that is keeping it alive.
It is a popular assumption that life after death would be better, more interesting, more fun.
Well we can never be sure...

velvet
14th December 2008, 08:41 PM
It is a popular assumption that life after death would be better, more interesting, more fun.
Well we can never be sure...

True, at the same time I always think of why my Higher Self has planned my life. As they always say life is a roller coaster, it is not fun when you first get in but once the ride is over you find it exhilarating and you want to go back on the roller coaster once again :twisted:.

ariesr
14th February 2009, 09:22 AM
Velvet: Take a ride on the Astral!

Jaco
22nd June 2009, 02:10 AM
I am going to file an application to become God.

Ouroboros
22nd June 2009, 03:30 AM

Dude, me too! We can be like, God bros or something. Have parties, hang out, play tricks on the Goddesses. Good times.

Jaco
22nd June 2009, 03:32 AM

Dude, me too! We can be like, God bros or something. Have parties, hang out, play tricks on the Goddesses. Good times.
Dude, sweet!

Fish
22nd June 2009, 04:51 PM
:lol:

star
23rd June 2009, 02:24 AM
Why wait? I've already been checking out universes with vampires in them. Got too close to a female vampire and felt her reach energy into my manifested energy body. Did not know that I would feel it on this end. I ended the projection like a highschool kid getting caught looking into the girls changing room. Best of all, no astral stoppage. Was able to run around that world looking at everything paranormal and interesting, weee!

Yes, this story can be verified! Hoo-yah projections into other dimensions and checking out hot vampire chicks.
I had trouble understanding how interesting it can be to live in the material 24/7. Does it make me evil to check out hot vampiresess in other worlds?

Ouroboros
23rd June 2009, 02:29 AM
I can't wait until I can start projecting. Or even lucid dreaming.

Gotta remember to keep up with that dream journal x.x

star
24th June 2009, 01:49 AM
Our,

Will suggest meditating with your physical eyes a bit crossed, with light attention to the brow area. Deep belly breathing and with a big smile on your face with your tongue touching the roof of your mouth.

Relax into it, and let things happen. it really is normal to "WANT WANT WANT" stuff to happen. I still get that in myself. It just takes some time, and lots of practice. What will help your projection ability as well is grounding from time to time. (Throughout the day for short periods) and running etheric hands across surfaces, or even just attempting to lightly use your 3rd eye to peek around corners as you walk about. Pay attention to your surroundings and how you feel at any time. the spirit is nonverbal so you'll want plenty of practice in "feeling".

Ouroboros
24th June 2009, 01:59 AM
Our,

Will suggest meditating with your physical eyes a bit crossed, with light attention to the brow area. Deep belly breathing and with a big smile on your face with your tongue touching the roof of your mouth.

Relax into it, and let things happen. it really is normal to "WANT WANT WANT" stuff to happen. I still get that in myself. It just takes some time, and lots of practice. What will help your projection ability as well is grounding from time to time. (Throughout the day for short periods) and running etheric hands across surfaces, or even just attempting to lightly use your 3rd eye to peek around corners as you walk about. Pay attention to your surroundings and how you feel at any time. the spirit is nonverbal so you'll want plenty of practice in "feeling".

Hey, you just touched on something that I've been wondering about but never really bothered to ask.

Sometimes when I'm meditating I have my attention drawn to the third eye, especially if I'm doing something like energy work, but I've always drawn back from focusing too strongly on it because of the warnings I've heard about overdeveloping the third eye and creating imbalances. Maybe I've been too cautious about this, since my third eye seems pretty inactive in general.

star
25th June 2009, 12:29 AM
Our,

Hey, you just touched on something that I've been wondering about but never really bothered to ask.

Sometimes when I'm meditating I have my attention drawn to the third eye, especially if I'm doing something like energy work, but I've always drawn back from focusing too strongly on it because of the warnings I've heard about overdeveloping the third eye and creating imbalances. Maybe I've been too cautious about this, since my third eye seems pretty inactive in general.

Deep belly breathing, while smiling and keeping your tongue up w/ your eyes slightly crossed and turned up towards the brow - is fairly safe, being if something starts to happen to fast - you can always stop. You don't have to pay any special attention to the brow while doing this, just "look up" at the area and allow things to... unfold.

CFTraveler
25th June 2009, 12:55 AM
If the above gives you a headache, I do a few things to exercise the third eye that don't involve triggering it (the eyes-up thing)
During the day I pick something to look at, and then try to 'retain' the image after looking at it for a few seconds (this is a Franz Bardon exercise) and do this a few times.
Another 'indirect' third eye thing is to sit in front of something (with your back to it) and try to 'see' it with the back of your head. Without turning your head. This is harder than it seems, but it exercises the third eye without messing with the physical eyes or the nerves around it.
One more exercise is meditative- I imagine I have a hole in my forehead and position my 'center of awareness' behind my brow, as if I were inside my head looking out the hole.
That's it.

Xanth
25th June 2009, 01:37 PM
After Physical Death...
Personally, I'm not really wanting to come back to this cesspool we call Earth. LoL
There's just so much negativity floating around that it's getting to be quite a downer...

Unless things don't change for the better soon, I'm thinking I just won't bother coming back! :) LoL

star
25th June 2009, 05:26 PM
After Physical Death...
Personally, I'm not really wanting to come back to this cesspool we call Earth. LoL
There's just so much negativity floating around that it's getting to be quite a downer...

Unless things don't change for the better soon, I'm thinking I just won't bother coming back! :) LoL

Your avatar image is enough to make me want to stay.

Xanth
25th June 2009, 05:54 PM
I'm sure I can manifest a cute froggy head to put on some poor unsuspecting astral creature while I'm over there. :)

Neil Templar
26th June 2009, 11:41 AM
AHAHAHA!! that's adorable!!!

lightningbug
28th June 2009, 05:37 AM
ever since I was in middle school, the words Rest In Peace have pissed me off

why the hell do I want to sit around on my ass and do nothing? and why would I want to wish for others to sit on their ass and do nothing? such a meaningless and useless existence. Maybe its my age, or the life I am living now. Constant frustration that I can't do or even be half the things I want to do or be. Or maybe its something deeper.

But I never want to rest in peace. Live in peace. Be in peace. But rest? Rest? That's lame. And old. I don't even tell others to rest in peace. And I don't want my family to put those words on my grave.

Do. Be. Create. Learn. Grow. Explore. That's whats on my list. In this life. In any life.

That's how I've always felt. And I think part of how I feel is also connected to how I feel about angels. Again, since middle school I was really sensitive if people spoke badly about angels. If they said they were incapable of meaningful relationships, incapable of feeling, incapable of love, lacked free will, or this or that. Or if they said they look like humans with bird wings.

At the same time, I don't really know why I was offended by it. I can't recall ever meeting an angel. But I always felt angels aren't 'resting'.

So I wonder if how I feel about those words, R.I.P is also attached to my naive belief about angels.

CFTraveler
28th June 2009, 05:35 PM
Well, not to be argumentative, people who visit the afterdeath zone have witnessed people apparently 'resting'. At least it looks like that to the projector, but what they are presumably doing is going through their life review and 'recharging their batteries' and going through their adaptive process before going on to the next level. Some people take a very long time as they go through this process, depending on the kind of incarnation they had.
So 'resting' is one way to look at it, but it seems to be a part of the process to achieve that peace.

Xanth
29th June 2009, 02:31 AM
ever since I was in middle school, the words Rest In Peace have pissed me off

why the hell do I want to sit around on my ass and do nothing? and why would I want to wish for others to sit on their ass and do nothing? such a meaningless and useless existence. Maybe its my age, or the life I am living now. Constant frustration that I can't do or even be half the things I want to do or be. Or maybe its something deeper.

But I never want to rest in peace. Live in peace. Be in peace. But rest? Rest? That's lame. And old. I don't even tell others to rest in peace. And I don't want my family to put those words on my grave.

Do. Be. Create. Learn. Grow. Explore. That's whats on my list. In this life. In any life.

That's how I've always felt. And I think part of how I feel is also connected to how I feel about angels. Again, since middle school I was really sensitive if people spoke badly about angels. If they said they were incapable of meaningful relationships, incapable of feeling, incapable of love, lacked free will, or this or that. Or if they said they look like humans with bird wings.

At the same time, I don't really know why I was offended by it. I can't recall ever meeting an angel. But I always felt angels aren't 'resting'.

So I wonder if how I feel about those words, R.I.P is also attached to my naive belief about angels.
Because all through our lives we rush move rush move rush move...
I, for one, am thoroughly looking forward to being able to 'take a break'. LoL
Resting in peace sounds pretty damn nice right about now. :)