PDA

View Full Version : Can you enter another person's dream?

Sumo7
15th September 2005, 10:16 AM
This might seem like a very simple question for someone who knows more about this but can you project yourself into another person's dream? Or create a dream that they will experience to some extent? Just curious, if so, are there any links you can provide me with that talk about this? Thanks! :wink:

Sumo7

oath
15th September 2005, 10:29 AM
ya i shared a dream with my sister oncce and ive read b4 how other ppl do this. and recently i had a dream about a friend who hasnt given me her picture yet, and she looked how i saw her in the dream.

h

enoch
17th September 2005, 10:30 AM
My daughter and I seem to have a curious connection regards dreams. If ever I have a dream in which I'm disciplining her for some reason and I shout at her we both awake and she starts crying. It's happened many times. But there's a possibility that she may have been crying beforehand and her crying has affected the content of my dreams. I dunno. Interesting though. There's a daydream game that you can play while awake. Each person agrees on a scene and then you talk each other through visualisations, e.g "you are now entering a garden through a golden gate." And then the other person describes what happens next and vice versa. :P

Sumo7
17th September 2005, 05:34 PM
ya i shared a dream with my sister oncce and ive read b4 how other ppl do this. and recently i had a dream about a friend who hasnt given me her picture yet, and she looked how i saw her in the dream.

h

That's so exciting! Can you provide any other further links or books on how people can actually do this?

CFTraveler
25th September 2005, 11:37 PM
I have a story to share in this respect:
(Please bear with me until I get to the punchline) About 20 years ago, my husband and I lived in a small house with a screened-in front porch, and since I had a few birds I put them in it, and constructed an aviary. (This is in Florida, US, warm weather). Our bedroom was on the front side of the house, and the head of our bed was in line with the window adjoining the aviary. (In other words, we slept 1 foot away from the birds, separated by a window). Immediately, our birds began to reproduce to alarming proportions. After one year, we couldn't deal with the obligation, and gave the birds to the man that owned the petshop we frequented, and he put them in his aviary, and we went back to one bird, which was inside the house, in another room. During the year we had the parakeets, My husband and I started having the same dreams, sometimes exact, sometimes playing different aspects of the dream, and I also started having the same dreams as one of my co-workers, and I also started dreaming things that were happening to my best friend. (She would phone me to tell me about whatever happened the night before, and I already had dreamed it, only as if it was I.) This phenomenon stopped at around the time I gave the parakeets away, and has never happened again. I have always thought that it may have been the "group radar" that birds have were affecting us, since our heads were close to them. I wonder if anyone has experiences similar to that, involving birds? Maybe someone should experiment with this-Just not us, we now have a cat. :wink:

Xevious
14th December 2005, 05:10 PM
I heard/read that Native Americans have a natural ability to do this. It's not unheard of that this is how many of the tribes separated by great distances were able to keep in touch and share ideas.

While I was going to University, a fellow student with Aborigional roots indicated that she sometimes could do this. I asked her to visit me and a few weeks later she appeared in a dream I had but am not sure if it was a product by me or her.

Caliban
3rd January 2006, 10:58 PM
You might want to read Dreamgates by Robert Moss. I think thats the name of it... he also wrote Conscious Dreaming. He talks a bit about co-dreaming He comes at things from a sort of shamanistic point of view. He talks rather matter-of-factly about journeying back into dreams you've already had, sometimes with others, to draw the real meaning from it. Essentially, however, you are dreaming together. I personally believe that it can be done. I have not done it in any way I could prove tho' .

A couple of times I tried to visit a friends dream while I was lucid and I went into a different place where they were, a different dream, and I talked with them. I can't say if we shared the dream or not because neither recalled any dreams from those nights. I need to get my friends to dream stronger! :wink:

bronwyn
5th January 2006, 05:35 AM
Caliban, that's so interesting. I have to say, I feel as if a friend of mine was able to do this to me (visit me into my dream, actually watching me have my dream, and then talking to me) - I saw all this in my lucid state....but, she says she doesn't remember doing so. :cry:

I have noticed in the past, when I'm sleeping next to someone, I start to dream their dreams. Now, I tend to live more alone, thank god, or I'd never have my own dreams.

workinprogress
13th January 2006, 06:37 PM
I think the definition of dream linking (what I call the term of sharing dreams) and visiting people in some layer of astral has a very grey line as a seperator. I've done this quite a few times over the past few years with a very close friend of mine.

I often have dreams of family and friends, but in most cases, they are simply dream characters. However, when I become lucid, I can link/visit anyone I want to. Now is this dream linking or is it some form of astral travel? I think the answer is dependent upon where you consider your dreams to take place (ie in your own mind/head or in the astral).

The ability of the person you are visiting/linking with to remember the experience seems to be directly related to there ability to remember dreams in general. At least this has been my experience.

For example, I have a friend who is quite good at remembering her dreams. And she's just starting to learn to get lucid. Whenever I get lucid and I go and visit her, she always remembers it. And not just that I was there, but we also are able to be consistent in the surroundings as well. I'm trying to do this with my sister who is horrible at remembering dreams. I've successfully linked with her twice now, but she doesn't remember either one.

I'll give you two examples:

First, I got lucid and went to visit B. When I reached her, she was wearing pink and in what I perceived to be a large house having a tea party. She was walking around with a teapot and pouring hot tea to everyone. As this was completely out of character for her, I was quite confused at what was happening. I questionned her and tried to get her lucid. (Which I have been able to do in the past -- basically I will explain to her that she's dreaming and sometimes I'll grab her arms -- not hard or anything -- Its amazing but you can actually feel the contact and that usually 'wakes' her up in the dream.)

But nothing was working, so I left her to her party. The next morning I called her and she said she vaguely remembered seeing me. But she sounded horrible. She told me she had a bad cold and her husband had been feeding her hot tea every hour to help her head!

Second, I went to visit B., but for some reason I couldn't get a visual on her. It was as if everything was black, but my hearing was perfect. I could hear her speaking to someone on a phone. I couldn't hear the person on the phone, only her. I gathered that she was apparently late for an appointment. Then I heard her yelling to her husband to get up and move because they were late. I couldn't hear his voice at all either, just hers. Then I hear her say "we gotta rocket". Now, english is her second language. Although she's fluent in it, she occasionally flubs on a saying. So I assumed she meant "gotta jet" but I had never heard the 'rocket' saying before. Then I woke up.

As is usual when I link with her, I'll send her an email with what I remember. She's in a different time zone, so she reads it when she gets up. The funny thing was this time she could see me standing in her room. ANd she did get a phone call from the dr. about their appt, they had over slept. ANd she uses the 'rocket' expression a lot with her hubby and used it that morning. Everything I described was exactly what happened.

The real bizarre thing is that there is a 3 hour time difference between us. So when I linked with her, I was hearing an event that would happen 3 hours later. And she could see me standing in her bedroom door when the event was happening to her, and I was awake and at work. She has had some clairvoyant flashes in the past. So I'm assuming that's how she could see me there, as she was wide awake at the time.

Sorry for the long post, but this is a fun thing I enjoy doing. At some point I want to visit her and she and I go somewhere together. The problem is that one of usually gets so excited when we start to leave that we wake up! :roll:

bronwyn
14th January 2006, 11:37 PM
workinprogress,

I love hearing stories like this. :D Especially about hearing what someone else is saying and finding out they really did say that. Wow. I'm always too afraid to tell the people I hear what I heard them say...lol...because sometimes it's not always nice things I hear!!! And that's the truth.

peace.

Freawaru
15th January 2006, 11:14 AM
workinprogress,

thanks for sharing this,. So it IS possible to vision someone else dream and induce lucidity. This answered a question of mind :-)

Freawaru
15th January 2006, 11:16 AM
Visit! I mean "visit" instead of "vision"... sometimes my fingers are simply too fast these days ;-)

workinprogress
15th January 2006, 01:23 PM
Oh yeah, definately possible and repeatable. But I have found that its much easier when doing this to already have a link with the person. Meaning you need to be close to them, not physically close but emotionally there should be some connection.

ANd when you want to do it, just focus completely on them within the dream. For the first few seconds it will seem like nothing is happening, but keep focusing. Then you'll feel yourself moving quickly forward. Or you may perceive it as you remain stationery and the surroundings speed by you. Whatever you do, do NOT look at what is passing you. As soon as you do, you lose the connection! (made that mistake MANY times). Just keep your eyes fixed in front and maintain your focus on the person. The movement will only last for what seems like 15 seconds or so, pretty short. Then you'll stop moving and the scenery will stabilize. Now look around you and somehwere will be the person you were focusing on.

In this process, you are entering their dream. I"m not sure how to call someone to your dream though. Sorry!

Also, I don't share my links with everyone I am successful, for the very reason you stated, most of my family and friends don't understand or want to try stuff like this. So I only do this with 'like minded people' if you know what I mean.

Freawaru
22nd January 2006, 09:11 AM
Thank you, WIP, I will try to keep your advice in mind and use it once I can do this intentionally :-)