PDA

View Full Version : song in dreams?

crappysurfer2
2nd April 2007, 11:45 AM
recently ive had some crazy dreams, in them there have been songs and i wake up with lyrics and the beat in my head, i believe that they are all important, but this last one, i thought i would post here,
i was singing with another person, we both knew the same lyrics to the song, the part i remember was

And we'll run, and we'll run to the end of time.
And we'll dance, and we'll dance to the *beat of life/dance of death*

*(except where he said beat of life i said dance of death)

hasalameth
4th April 2007, 08:56 PM
cool. musician as I am I often dream of music, sometimes even waking to tears since the sounds are so perfect and way more beautiful than waking life - (physical plane) music can ever be. I've read that in some astral planes, especially the higher ones you can always hear music (angel's ♥♥♥♥♥ets and stuff) but I'm a newbie on that subject.

I believe this is more of a psychological kind of dream, maybe your subconscious is telling you something important (a message), but decided to disguise it as something as normal and simple as a modern hit-song. The fact that that last line differed between your lyrics and the persons (was it someone you know IRL?) could suggest that your views of life differs of that of other's, and I guess it could equally mean there's a conflict inside of you, you being unsure what to believe and think of the end of physical / end of reincarnation cycle.

I hope that made some sense.

alhaalim
8th April 2007, 08:58 AM
ah, this has fascinated me for a long time.
i have noticed that the songs in my dreams are always perfect, but when i wake up and try to write them down i always remember some of the lyrics but, unfortunately, never the music.

my reflections on these songs have always been that they are some kind of message to me through my subconcious and since i often communicate with myself through music.

by the way, dreaming in music might possibly be the most awesome thing to dream about :)

Beekeeper
8th April 2007, 09:45 AM
alhaalim,

It could also be that your preferred learning style is aural. While most people are visual learners (they'll give themselves away by saying things like, "I see what you mean") some are aural ("sounds to me like") or tactile/kinesthetic ("I feel" that), or, rarer still, olfactory ("this stinks") and others a fairly balanced mix.

Some of my favourite dreams involve music and performance. In one, the chorus went, "You can't channel Buddha through your crystal earrings." :D

alhaalim
8th April 2007, 12:12 PM
alhaalim,

It could also be that your preferred learning style is aural. While most people are visual learners (they'll give themselves away by saying things like, "I see what you mean") some are aural ("sounds to me like") or tactile/kinesthetic ("I feel" that), or, rarer still, olfactory ("this stinks") and others a fairly balanced mix.

Some of my favourite dreams involve music and performance. In one, the chorus went, "You can't channel Buddha through your crystal earrings." :D

i've been thinking alot about this phenomenon and it's true that i am an aural learner, but i've also noticed that i talk in more kinesthetic terms to express myself.
and btw; it's really fun that you would bring this up right now since i'm actually studying it as we speak :D.

beekeeper, have you ever tried to channel buddha through your crystal earrings? :lol:
i must say i like that line alot :)

crappysurfer2
9th April 2007, 01:02 AM
thanks for your replies, no i didnt know this person, and when i woke up i still had the beat in my head....i forget it now....
anyway after i said my line, we both stopped singing and he said to me "i guess its your turn to choose the lyrics" or "i guess its your turn to sing the song"
it was one of those

Beekeeper
9th April 2007, 07:17 AM
beekeeper, have you ever tried to channel buddha through your crystal earrings?

No, but the senior class I told that dream to gave me a buddha and some crystal earrings as a parting gift that year. You've gotta love that. :D

Wrong Eye
9th April 2007, 07:29 AM
I want to have crystal earrings that speak! :twisted:

sono
10th April 2007, 10:42 AM
Just to add my tuppence worth if I may - I also dream music, whole symphonies of it, more beautiful than even Beethoven's final string quartets! But the night before last I woke to a stanza playing in my head from "Danny Boy" . . . "the pipes, the pipes are calling, & I must go. . ." Not the sort of thing I listen to, but I recognised it from hearing it sometime in the past. I get the distinct feeling it is a warning of the "the end is nigh" kind! Feel I should check my Will etc.!

Namaste

shadow.pulsar
11th April 2007, 08:21 PM
recently ive had some crazy dreams, in them there have been songs and i wake up with lyrics and the beat in my head...

I've had this happen to me too. It is really cool when it does. I can remember two dreams that this happened to me in. One was just a harp playing an ascending scale as I was flying through space. The other was an opera. I was light and was fighting darkness to save the girl named love. The fighting was with song. All I can remember from the end ot the dream was me threating darkness by singing that if he harmed a hair on her head I would turn him into a wicker basket.

hasalameth
11th April 2007, 09:56 PM
What a cool dream shadow.pulsar. Gotta love those universe-depends-on-you type of dreams.

As I wrote ( I think ), I also dream of music, usually I wake up in tears of joy and then I go really sad because I realise, much as alhaalim, that I will probably never be able to bring the music with me into this dimension. Many musicians say they get their "inspiration" through the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I think there's a slight chance they are, in the trip, brought to other dimensions and "recording" this sort of divine or at least perfect music and then bring it back. But drugs are bad, and will totally mess up your subtle body to say the least.

It would be so cool if I by the use of AP and dream recall, could bring the music with me to my waking life. I can only hope.

namaste!

shadow.pulsar
11th April 2007, 11:26 PM
What a cool dream shadow.pulsar. Gotta love those universe-depends-on-you type of dreams.

I certainly do! They almost invariably are always vivid and filled with emotion. Unforgettable.

I too wish I could bring the music I hear back with me, but alas, I am no musician.

Beekeeper
13th April 2007, 06:36 AM
I woke up with this one by The Church, this morning:

So hard finding inspiration
I knew you'd find me crying
Tell those girls with rifles for minds
That their jokes don't make me laugh
They only make me feel like dying
In an unguarded moment

So long, long between mirages
I knew you'd find me drinking
Tell those men with horses for hearts
That their jibes don't make me bleed
They only make me feel like shrinking
In an unguarded moment

So deep, deep without a meaning
I knew you'd find me leaving
Tell those friends with cameras for eyes
That their hands don't make me hang
They only make me feel like breathing
In an unguarded moment
http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/the_c ... oment.html (http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/the_church/the_unguarded_moment.html)[url]

Haven't heard it for years.