PDA

View Full Version : Meditation

APK
4th April 2007, 12:23 AM
I have resolved to start meditating regularly and did so tonight (although I think I fell asleep towards the end.)

I have heard that while meditating, it is easier for one to pick up/hear things from the spiritual world. Is this true?

There is a matter on which I would really like the advice of either God, my spirit guide, or any spirit who is willing to help me - would they talked to me if I asked them to, and told them I needed their help?

CFTraveler
4th April 2007, 02:22 AM
I have resolved to start meditating regularly and did so tonight (although I think I fell asleep towards the end.) Happens to everyone.

I have heard that while meditating, it is easier for one to pick up/hear things from the spiritual world. Is this true? When you reach the theta stage, the point just before going to sleep, you are 'turning off' your sensory perception, and perceiving hypnagogics, which are essentially created by your subconscious, in other words, dream imagery, while you're awake. Since you are receiving information from the astral (which could also be called the spiritual world, the akashic records, the ethers, the 'other side', or many other things) your subconscious is then turning this information into images and sounds, which you are seeing and hearing, provided you can stay in that state without going to sleep or waking up too much. The images that you are perceiving can be memories of your waking state, or impressions from the 'otherworldly sources' (I've run out of names for it, you get the picture). But the actual pictures that you see, are created by your subconscious mind, which has processed all those inputs.

There is a matter on which I would really like the advice of either God, my spirit guide, or any spirit who is willing to help me - would they talked to me if I asked them to, and told them I needed their help? God always talks to you, the trick is knowing it.
If you need guidance, you should always open in protection, ask for help from your guides or angels, from God, but not just any spirits - that would be asking for trouble.
There are many prayers avaliable to you, if you have a religious tradition, and if you don't, the Lord's Prayer (Paternoster, Our Father) is a good one. I'll see if I can get you the link for a variety of prayers, and I'll post it at the end of this post.
Another point: It never hurts to ask God for help- God always hears and always answers, but it's sometimes difficult to figure it out until you look back and realize you had the answer. This is from personal experience- all you have to do is ask for a sign. If you want more details about this, pm me and I'll tell you a little more.

Prayers link: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... ht=prayers (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2677&highlight=prayers)

APK
4th April 2007, 12:08 PM
Since you are receiving information from the astral (which could also be called the spiritual world, the akashic records, the ethers, the 'other side', or many other things) your subconscious is then turning this information into images and sounds, which you are seeing and hearing, provided you can stay in that state without going to sleep or waking up too much. The images that you are perceiving can be memories of your waking state, or impressions from the 'otherworldly sources' (I've run out of names for it, you get the picture). But the actual pictures that you see, are created by your subconscious mind, which has processed all those inputs.

That's interesting, because whilst meditating, I did get vague glimpses of snowy mountains and a small forest - but only briefly, then they faded away. Was this what it was? Impressions from other worlds? I'm pretty sure they weren't memories.

4th April 2007, 01:34 PM
That's interesting, because whilst meditating, I did get vague glimpses of snowy mountains and a small forest - but only briefly, then they faded away. Was this what it was? Impressions from other worlds? I'm pretty sure they weren't memories.

This happens to me almost every time I meditate, as I start to enter trance, it's been labeled hypnogogic imagery, but in my experience it's a form of remote viewing. You are receiving energy through your third eye, which is interpreted as images. It is not always remote viewing for everyone, it could simply be you perceiving energy in this heightened state of awareness and interpreting it as images.

CFTraveler
4th April 2007, 05:53 PM
When I meditate I can get a variety of images, some clearly symbolic, some from remote viewing, some from astral visitors and some from memories. Some are more obvious than others, and it's taken me a while to learn to distinguish the memories from the other possible inputs. One thing I've learned (from my own experience) is that when I remote view, I tend to get a 'Bird's eye view' on what I'm looking at, with a certain amount of movement associated with it. Luckily, I'm pretty consistent with this so it makes it easier to distinguish one thing of the other. The secret? Practice, practice, practice. Also, meditating with pencil or recorder in hand helps with recall and awareness, so it helps you to notice patterns of experience.
(I'm low-tech- pen and paper, and then off to the computer) :)

blacktiger057
4th April 2007, 07:53 PM
Be careful when reaching out for spirit help, though. In some cases, the spirit that is 'helping' you could be really trying to hurt you. I'd take proper precautions before asking for any spirit who is 'willing' to help you. Just a word of advice, because some of my friends whilst meditating have actually had some negs try and get them.