PDA

View Full Version : Dream explanation: who can help?

Planet_Jeroen
15th September 2005, 09:33 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for some insights on a dream I had when I was a little boy, which I can remeber to this day, as some sort of an unsolved puzzle. I was hoping someone here can shed some ligth on it.

First of all, I wasnt aware of the fact that I was dreaming till later in the whole episode.
Secondly: When I became aware of the fact I was dreaming, I couldn't wake up.

The dream was about me, wearing a red shirt (for some reason that seems important to me) standing on a huge grass plain. I was standing next to a park bench. In the distant there was a city. Tall buildings, none familiar.
I was lost, but wanted to get to that city. I could walk, run, crawl... but no matter what I did, I wouldn't get an inch away from that bench, or an inch closer to the city. It was day by the way. I don't know how I woke up, but I do know I was rather affraid by that time, since during the last part I became aware that I was in a dream.

If anybody has any experience in dream explanation... please help me on this one, since it keeps popping back in my mind as something I need to do something with.

Regards,

Jeroen

Celeborn
17th September 2005, 12:41 AM
Very interesting dream.
I don't think that I can analyze it with just that, but maybe you should try writing the dream out on paper before going to bed, putting the sheet under your pillow (why not?) and setting a powerful affermation. Repeat something like, "I fully remember and understand my childhood dream," 30 times as you fall asleep.

Remember to write down everything you think of as soon as you wake up, especially if you awaken at some random time during the night. If nothing new arises upon awakining, it may come later in the day in just about any form, so keep your eyes open.

I figure its worth a try.

Good luck!

Planet_Jeroen
17th September 2005, 10:10 AM
I figure its worth a try.

I'd eat the sheet if that would help :D I'll post results back. Thanks for the idear.

Jeroen

Dragon's Daughter
20th September 2005, 02:08 PM
I did research on dream interpretations. What I found is that it has alot to do with personal symbolism. Such as you felt it was important to note that you were wearing a red shirt - so how did you feel about the color red during the times that you were having these dreams? How you feel now may not matter if it's not how you felt then.

You wanted to get to the city - why? Did you feel like you'd be safe there? Was there someone there that you needed to get to? etc?

This reminds me for some unknown reason of a dream I helped to interpret for a friend of mine years ago. She dreamed that she had some chocolate chip cookies and everywhere she went, people were trying to take them from her, until she was really scared trying to get away from them all. She said that she loved chocolate chip cookies (so they represented something she loved). I asked her if she felt pressure from everyone around her trying to influence her from something she liked to do. She said that she was getting alot of pressure from her family to stop seeing her boyfriend - whom she loved. I asked her if they made her feel the way about her boyfriend as she felt in the dream with the cookies - she said yes. It fit.

Now, your dream may not be this simple to interpret because it was from long ago. But I do feel it's important to you now because it's bothering you.

So think of the important factors of the dream, the color red, the city, the bench - what do you feel about these things? Do you feel that there's something you should do that you're not doing? Think about this - you're playing, running, crawling but getting no where near your destination. How you feel about the color red represents you...

See where I'm getting at? I hope this helps some.

Dragon's Daughter