PDA

View Full Version : Leave or go back?

kiwibonga
5th April 2007, 12:51 AM
Two days ago, I went to bed at about 6AM after working on an assignment all night... I found myself in complete darkness, or rather the absence of sight... I was like in cotton, completely formless, existing only as consciousness. I stayed in that state for what seemed like hours... I was conscious, but it all felt extremely blissful, like the action of simply waiting there was more entertaining and compelling than anything I could have ever tried to do.

It literally lasted for hours, like over 10 hours, yet when I woke up, it was 9AM. I was so convinced I had spent much more time "out" that I checked whether it was AM or PM... When I confirmed that it was indeed AM, I actually checked to see if I hadn't just spent over 24 hours sleeping!

And so, the particularly interesting part of this experience was the end of it... I basically was faced with a choice to make... It was a non-verbal communication question that came from within myself.

The question was: Do you want to leave, or go back?

I questioned myself about the meaning of this. When I thought about "leave", I saw a light figure in the darkness which I recognized as myself and it opened a door in the darkness, went inside it, and disappeared. It was implied that leaving like this was a permanent thing -- if you "leave," you "leave" forever.

Then, I thought about "go back" and I saw this same figure jumping down into the darkness, getting closer and closer to a small patch of light... This patch of light turned into a bubble, inside which I could see my room, the window by my bed, my bed, and my body.

For some reason, the choice felt very familiar. It's like it wasn't the first time I had to make this choice. I weighed the choices and chose "Go back."

When I did, I suddenly regained control of my body, and opened my eyes.

I was back indeed.

So... What happened there? Any similar experiences? Did I discover anything? :p

CFTraveler
5th April 2007, 01:36 PM
This sounds to me like:
You just finished a dreamstate lesson (about what, I don't know, but an important lifepath change is about to happen) and only remember the choice part of it. Since you picked the light it's MO that you chose right.
(MO,MO,MO....ad infinitum )
or,
You just had an nde. Have you been feeling ok?
How do you feel now?

or,
nothing. Just a dream. :P :lol:
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

kiwibonga
5th April 2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, it does sound like an NDE, hehe...

Well, I did quit smoking last week, which is causing all kinds of weird things... Perhaps "delirium" caused by nicotine deprivation... Withdrawal symptoms can get pretty violent though the cravings aren't there anymore.. It could just be some kind of mini-depression :p

All I know is my dreams are so much more vivid since I quit... I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing a lot more OBEs from now on...

I just can't get this thing out of my mind though.. What would have happened if I had "left?" I'm so curious!

Well, if I stop posting for an extended period of time, you'll know I've probably got my answer :lol:

CFTraveler
5th April 2007, 06:25 PM
:shock:
Well it sounds to me that your lesson was related to your decision to quit smoking. Something like:
If you keep smoking you will die.
Do you choose life? And you chose life.

Anyway, that's how I interpret in light of your recent decision.

wizard
8th April 2007, 04:50 AM
Hi Kiwibonga,
I've had the same experience years ago. I was asked this same question but it was not real words, it was a knowing as you say a non verbal. I of course wanted to come back and I'm still here. :)

I felt so good, better then I have ever felt - so free and no pain but with lots of love.

Dialgo
8th April 2007, 07:59 PM
What an amazing experience! Maybe there's more work for you to do in this life. If all the good people left, who would be left to influence the lost to help them see?

The only similar experience I can think of me having is when working a couple times at the tv station I used to work at I would close my eyes during a break...and almost instantly see a brass gate in a field, connected to a long fence running off over the horizon. I stood in a field of wheat and the other side of the fence looked distorted and hard to see. I wanted to open the gate, but when I stepped close I could feel my phisical body become cold. When I touched the fence even more so, and when I opened the gate nothing...though I never did cross the threshhold to the other side...whatever it may have been.

kiwibonga
10th April 2007, 10:08 AM
Well, yesterday I had one of those typical tooth dreams...

The dentist asked me to sit, and I asked him "Is this gonna hurt?"

He replied "I wouldn't even dream of hurting a child in my office."

He started grinding my teeth with this tool, next thing I know I'm standing in the middle of the room, holding my mouth and looking down at millions of little pieces of teeth all over the floor (in the dream!).

Somehow, the dream was a positive one, this was a different dentist, one that doesn't hurt as opposed to the real life one. My dream notebook even has "[name of dentist] = ***hole" which I wrote while I was still in trance. I think my mom said that in the dream.

I understood that the "modification" I underwent was for my own good, it wasn't painful, and I'll have to live with it from now on.

Something out there's giving me signs of a big upcoming change... I hope I'm not being too superstitious :p

Kevin
10th April 2007, 01:03 PM
I hate losing my teeth in dreams! Never had a dentist in it though.