PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Energy Work

Wrong Eye
6th April 2007, 11:36 PM
Just thought I'd ask- does anybody here work with elemental energy, i.e. water, chaos, earth, air? Do you have a speciality? If so, what is it and why?

I just thought I'd ask, cause I work with chaos and I've never seen another chaos worker. I've seen fire witches and green witches, but not an elemental worker instead of a witch. ;) I may just be sheltered, I dunno.

blacktiger057
7th April 2007, 12:02 AM
I find it better to work with all the elements at once (I've never heard of chaos though, only earth, water, fire, air, and spirit). That way you can reap the rewards and keep the balance with all of the elements. My specialty, though, would have to be water. I just love the way it relaxes you. I feel so relaxed whenever it rains. Could you explain what you mean by working 'chaos' though?

Wrong Eye
7th April 2007, 12:26 AM
Hm. Ok, let me think.

Basically using it for self-healing, protecting against attack, etc.

Chaos as in the actual force of chaos... that's the best I can come to it, because the way I understand it, chaos just is and has to be experienced to know exactly what it's like.

Rayson
7th April 2007, 01:02 AM
Since you put chaos as an element, I wonder if you've read it listed that way before, and if so, might you have additional resources to that end? I had a lot of the same thoughts as blacktiger on the matter. I also have some random other theories and whatnot, but I figured I'd ask, as I'm interested in your perspective and that of other resources which you have found useful on the topic.

Wrong Eye
7th April 2007, 01:48 AM
So far, I've only been able to tap into my own knowledge from my pre-physical state and others have confirmed such knowledge without knowing that I even knew anything. I look at chaos more of a pan-universal Force, with different types of manifestations and kinds of chaos. I said "element" because it is a type of element according to "elements and alignments".

As far as I can tell, the only resources involving chaos itself are held among the "magick" area of the net- i.e. Wicca, etc.

However, I can let you know what I know and talk about it.

P.S.

If it seems like I'm contradicting myself, I seem to do that a lot. :( I'm sorry.

Dsmoke
7th April 2007, 03:38 AM
Sure, I work with the elements all the time, though I don't really fit into any typical description of an elemental worker and have my own opinions about how they function.

I have worked with chaos in this way without really understanding what I was
doing.

Wrong Eye
7th April 2007, 05:03 AM
That's cool, Dsmoke! I never met anybody else who worked with chaos, even not knowing.

What were your experiences/impressions/feelings when you contacted it?

Dsmoke
7th April 2007, 05:33 AM
Heh, the impressions were jumbled, as you might expect. It was somewhat unpleasant and overwhelming to my generally orderly mind and I couldn't get a good enough grasp on it to do anything sophisticated. I haven't worked with it since - it just hasn't come up.

The crazy thing is that I can't recall the circumstances under which I interacted with it! I only remember the act of meeting it.

Wrong Eye
7th April 2007, 05:52 AM
If you encounter it again, just remember it is an "is" that has no real description and just accept it as it is without trying to make sense of it beyond how to control it and use it. It belongs to the realm of pure thought- no words, no images, just ideas- and pure thought is what it takes to grasp it. Pure will is what it takes to control it.

It's totally random, creative, and it has no separate parts. Yes, I suppose it is a bit overwhelming. :) But what color did you get from it? I can tell you what type it was, I bet.

I have an idea forming in my mind of why you can't remember anything, but it's gonna take some time to solidify. :)

Dsmoke
7th April 2007, 05:58 AM
Hmm. I didn't specifically focus on the color, but I seem to remember it in monochrome.

Another thing that threw me was how fast it moved. I kept wanting it to slow down because I couldn't hang on.

Wrong Eye
7th April 2007, 06:09 AM
Pure positive and pure negative chaos both come in monochrome. One is light in color, the other is black.

No chaos is stable. That's why it moved fast. It's very rare for chaos to stay steady, it's always roiling or rushing or moving. Stability belongs to order by default.

You may have encountered it during a storm of some sort. Storms bring in a lot of it into the environment.

feileacan
7th April 2007, 08:15 AM
hi all,

are there more witches here on this forum?
i work with all the elements and it works for me, but i dont understand chaos.
how could chaos help in any way? can you tell me how that works and how you use it?
i consider myself a christian eclectic witch ,eventhough people say that is not possible 8)

love and light,
feileacan

Aunt Clair
7th April 2007, 09:50 AM
Iwork with elementals and with elemental energies in a hernetic pallette to manifest , heal and project , I am not a witch though . I am a Hermetc Magician and Alchemist Mystic.You might enjoy a read of IIH by Bardon .I find Earth energy the hardest and air and water the easiest for TK and fire is easy in healing but not as easy in tk .

Wrong Eye
8th April 2007, 02:32 AM
I know a Christian witch, and I am a Christian as well, although not a witch.

:)

feileacan
9th April 2007, 06:16 PM
christian because i believe in god.
eclectic because i think all religions have some good things.
witch because i was born that way, i have been doing rituals {wiccan that is}
since i was a little girl and knew nothing of wicca or any nature religion.
i have a very strong bonding with trees, gems, just everything in nature.
the earth feels like my mother and in my view she is.

love and light,
feileacan

p.s. i dont believe in spells and will never do them.

chips
14th April 2007, 07:38 PM
isnt chaos a God from greek mythology?

Flash_hound
14th April 2007, 08:19 PM
Ok the only elements I have ever dealt with were wood, fire, water, metal, and earth. These are used in acupuncture, and Qi Gong.

CFTraveler
14th April 2007, 09:20 PM
Chaos is an archetype, and if you notice, most Greek Gods were archetypal in nature. If you look at the myths, the 'older' ones, the pre-gods, (The Titans) were much more abstract in nature than the subsequent gods. I'm sure someone else noticed this trend. :) .

It goes like this: Chaos->Titans->Gods. Notice the evolution to order and form?

Wrong Eye
16th April 2007, 02:35 AM
From my Humanities class, from Odyssey-studying:

Chaos was the Void that birthed Gaia (the Earth) and the first titans or gods (Eros, Tartarus, etc.)

In Christian lore, there was a formless void too.

I personally don't know yet. All I know is that it exists and is an essential Force.

CFTraveler
16th April 2007, 02:30 PM
Yes, but you're not seeing the pattern: From chaos came order. Doesn't that tell you something?
(Of course, I'm making the humongous assumption that they were right in their description of the universe. But sometimes it's fun to assume.)

imogen
18th December 2011, 11:23 AM
Earth, Air, Water and Fire, the combination of all creates Storm. Is that perhaps the ELEMENT of chaos? Storm has abilities to destroy or at least shake things up, but there is always great healing in the aftermath. It represents a kind of purging of old ideas to make way for new ones. Storm = change and strengthening.

To me everytime one walks outside, there is a storm brewing, the clamor of elements vying for the attention of our human spirit. I find this energy that flows from earth, sea, winds ignites the FIRE energy ("fire medicine") within us, stirring up the Storm of powerful creating, healing and manifesting and magical energies that flow through the whole living world directly from Creator and Source.

What I would like to know is how this Elemental Energy affects the Energetic Body? Can we store this energy so it is useful for other things like Energy Work? Is it all connected? I receive very intense surges of Elemental Energy, have used it for self-healing, manifestations and obtaining deeper knowledge from stones, trees and animals, but the actual inner energy workings (theory, terminology and application) of the human body are new to me, more to learn.

Today I showed my husband my ritual of tuning in to the flow of energy from the ground to the sky, and he was shocked when he felt it too, and described the awakening like chakra energy through the bottom of his feet up to his knees ... it was a little too much for him. He is comfortable with the theory of these things, but shies away from the actual experience. I am surprised that these things are "new" to him, because I have lived with a level of awareness and exchange of energies with the natural world my whole life, but I am PLEASED to see him opening to the magic of our human existence, and potential we have for energetically responding, to our world, as higher beings having an earthly experience.

After a week of performing these New Energy exercises on my body, it seemed like my body was higher tuned to Elemental Energy, that it felt less "wild" and more self-contained and directed, yet sweetly connected. There is this deep calmness entering my life, perhaps it is a deeper connection with the Higher Self as well as the energy in all Creation.

CFTraveler
18th December 2011, 07:55 PM
Can we store this energy so it is useful for other things like Energy Work? Many practitioners use the word "store" to describe the taking in of specific elemental energies, but I like to use the terms "resonate with", my own preference of course. So the answer would be yes, in Bardon's system (and Robert's Energy Work book also has some chapters which use elemental energy exercises to take in specific elements), using 'pore breathing' as the technique.

imogen
18th December 2011, 09:36 PM
Used the word "store" because that is the word Robert used when speaking of chakra storage centers in Astral Dynamics. Maybe there is new terminology in the Energy book, but I have not read through it completely yet. I feel like the elemental energy comes in through the same major receptive areas of the chakra - sole of feet, palm of hand, genital area, mouth and crown - and might flow through those same channels. I had just never thought about it, or defined it working that way, so I am sorry if these musings seem fundamental.

Solar, water and mineral energy does seem to be absorbed through the pores all the time as a passive energy, but the "life force energy" that I am refering to experientially is not passive and is directed energy. It vibrates through everything and connects us to Source energy in everything, and feels like fire or fuel in the body. I have not read the chapter on "pore breathing," yet. I am just trying to make sense of my own natural experiences with energy.

I understand the word "resonate". I resonate with rocks and crystals. It is a reciprocal energy, like a discussion or communication between our energy system and another, and can be quite transformative and intelligent . I suppose technically we resonate with the elements as well, just on a more dramatic level. That term is over-used, though, to mean anything that "makes sense" to some people, when it is actually a more deeper, dynamic and magical (transformative) experience between our creation and Source.